Could AJ Dillon be a younger/cheaper Derrick Henry?

I saw him and the RB from UCLA listed as good fits for the Bills with Motor as people who can bang it inside.  I'd take him.  He's likely a 4th round or later pick due to the bevy of RB's in the draft.  And I'm not worried about his catching right now.  We have Motor and Yeldon for that.  

With his kind of production in a bad situation, and his impressive tape and potential value, why is he a 5th or 6th rounder?  

This is a guy that looks like he should go much earlier than that like 3rd or 4th.

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With his kind of production in a bad situation, and his impressive tape and potential value, why is he a 5th or 6th rounder?  

This is a guy that looks like he should go much earlier than that like 3rd or 4th.

The game has changed Alpha

Teams look for 3 down backs early... Ones that can catch balls out of the backfield and be a mismatch in multiple formations

Lots of really talented runners fall to the 4-5-6 round because they aren't very versatile and teams see them as 2 down runners

This is a league that drafted Bishop Sankey in round 2 because he can catch lol I prefer a RB that can ..... Run

• Like (+1) 3

Don’t stop believing, this is exactly the guy I want.  Anything beyond the 3rd is fine with me.  I’m hopeful our first three picks go to a WR in the 1st, Edge Rusher in the 2nd, and another WR in the 3rd.  I know we other interests, but something like this with a battering ram like him is a huge improvement we should see on the field next year.  I’ve beaten the drum probably too often but at least one TE, not Olsen in FA.

I don’t if everyone read the article this morning on the argument to tag J. Phillips.  It made me think about it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He’s not Derrick Henry.  Henry has speed.

Whomever we add, I hope they can hit home runs.  Singletary is great between the tackles.   We need someone that can hit the corner and be out the door.  I don’t think that Aj Dillon is that guy.  Gotta have some juice

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like him late

Not super explosive so idk if he can ever be a gamechanger...

But I see a little Brandon Jacobs who had some good seasons

Oh he’s explosive all right! I watched him play quite a bit and there’s no doubt that he is explosive. What he is not is a gamebreaker. He won’t make long touchdown runs. He’s also very athletic. I’m curious to see how he does at the combine. Given how he does there, I’d be just fine getting him in the fourth round but preferably later.

7 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Oh he’s explosive all right! I watched him play quite a bit and there’s no doubt that he is explosive. What he is not is a gamebreaker. He won’t make long touchdown runs. He’s also very athletic. I’m curious to see how he does at the combine. Given how he does there, I’d be just fine getting him in the fourth round but preferably later.

That's why he isn't super explosive lol

He is a good athlete and has a nice Burst but not Henry explosiveness

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Whomever we add, I hope they can hit home runs.  Singletary is great between the tackles.   We need someone that can hit the corner and be out the door.  I don’t think that Aj Dillon is that guy.  Gotta have some juice

Henry 4.54  40

Dillon 4.56 40 coming out of high school

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2020 at 12:01 PM, noacls said:

Love the idea. He ran a 4.56 40 coming out of high school at a Nike. That's a full .1 second faster than Motor. Very impressive

He looked faster than expected for 240#. Nice highlights, but my absolute favorite was the first play where he just tosses the tackler. THAT is worse than getting dunked on! 

On 2/14/2020 at 3:58 PM, NewEra said:

I want productive players, but what I REALLY want is players that put FEAR into the opposing defense. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4