Josh Norman released

BillsMafi$

6 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Another player to keep an eye on possibly?

#Redskins are releasing CB Josh Norman, source says. Intriguing situation to watch, as he now has time to find his new team ahead of free agency.

-Mike Garafalo

That was expected.   Big $$$ and nothing to show for it in DC. 

IIRC  He was benched and only played due to injuries late in the season

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rivera released him? Wonder if Sean is even interested. Do we like him better than K Johnson or Levi? KJ is a FA but I would like to re-sign and draft one in top 3 rounds

Levi is garbage. Bring in Norman to compete for the 2 or 3 spot and see how it goes. I'm for re-signing KJ too. Would rather have the 2 of them (Norman/KJ) battling it out than Levi.

Agreed we need to draft one, but might be able to find one in the 4th or 5th.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Personally not interested.  As others have mentioned he did well in zone but he's never been quick.  I also think we play a lot of man coverage - some think we play zone.  Regardless, I'd still like my corners to be quick in either.  I also saw him get beat deep too much, so if he's getting beat deep and can't press, it's a pass for me. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Levi is garbage. Bring in Norman to compete for the 2 or 3 spot and see how it goes. I'm for re-signing KJ too. Would rather have the 2 of them (Norman/KJ) battling it out than Levi.

Agreed we need to draft one, but might be able to find one in the 4th or 5th.

Levi is free garbage... he's also 24.

• Like (+1) 1