Happy 84th birthday to Dave Thomas (Rocketship 7)

\GoBillsInDallas/

15 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I got to go to the studio to see Rocketship 7 live. I spilled my bottle of orange soda on my corduroy pants. ?  Then afterwards Dialing for Dollars was on the other side of the studio.

So was Promo!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

you know ....  I thought they looked similar 

David Boreanaz, the Buffalo-born son of former “Rocketship 7” host Dave Thomas (now Dave Roberts), told Toronto critic Bill Brioux Wednesday here he is trying to develop a movie centered around the popular children’s program that originally ran on WKBW-TV from 1962-1978.

who knew  Angel from Buffy, Seeley Booth from Bones, Jason Hayes from SEAL Team 

was Born: May 16, 1969 (age 50 years), Buffalo, NY and grew up in Philly. 

14 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

you know ....  I thought they looked similar 

David Boreanaz, the Buffalo-born son of former “Rocketship 7” host Dave Thomas (now Dave Roberts), told Toronto critic Bill Brioux Wednesday here he is trying to develop a movie centered around the popular children’s program that originally ran on WKBW-TV from 1962-1978.

who knew  Angel from Buffy, Seeley Booth from Bones, Jason Hayes from SEAL Team 

was Born: May 16, 1969 (age 50 years), Buffalo, NY and grew up in Philly. 

A lot of us did know.  Also knew that his uncle Harold was a noted Buffalo defense attorney.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

A lot of us did know.  Also knew that his uncle Harold was a noted Buffalo defense attorney.  

I didn't but I'm from Rochester .... 

I watched those shows I listed and in Bones and SEAL Team he's always wearing Flyers or Eagles T shirts and or has posters on the walls of the "rooms" on set. 

I just assumed he was Philly born and raised. 

Great show when we were young....but never made it to the moon and back and they never said what happened to the first 6 rocketships.

I was always disappointed that Captain Kangaroo never lived in Australia or actually lived on a boat.

The only real constant was Bunrabbitt who loved carrotts 

such things left many with scars for life,,

22 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Is that   @PromoTheRobot  ?  He looks so young!!

I've had several plate lifts since 

17 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I didn't but I'm from Rochester .... 

I watched those shows I listed and in Bones and SEAL Team he's always wearing Flyers or Eagles T shirts and or has posters on the walls of the "rooms" on set. 

I just assumed he was Philly born and raised. 

David's dad moved to WPVI in Philadelphia after Buffalo and stayed till retirement, so Philly is his second home town.

Johnny earned a few extra bucks wearing the Promo suit.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1