Myles Garrett Still Claiming Racial Slur

H2o

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I think he broke his hand punching out a car window. Does that get you an award of some type? A trophy? Maybe a medal or at least a ribbon you can put around his neck.............and then twist until he changes colors? 

Uh oh, he brings out my dark side. 

That ex-Eagle player who is on that show First Take talked about that Riley incident this morning.

He said there was more than a handful guys that really wanted to fight him.  There was extra scuffles after plays when Riley would get the ball at practice.  
Maybe the coaching staff should have let the fights last longer before breaking it up?

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That ex-Eagle player who is on that show First Take talked about that Riley incident this morning.

He said there was more than a handful guys that really wanted to fight him.  There was extra scuffles after plays when Riley would get the ball at practice.  
Maybe the coaching staff should have let the fights last longer before breaking it up?

Maybe just walk out and drive home, letting nature take it’s course?

I’m generally one to give people the benefit of the doubt. He’s a special case. 

Punching through the window, at least the first time, happened in HS. Not sure if they would even know about that time.  I wonder about his mental health. He’s a mess from all I’ve seen and heard. 

Edited by Augie

4 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I disagree.  You call me the n word, prepare to schedule dental surgery in the immediate future.

You must punch hard. How do you prepare for jail afterwards? Butt crunches?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Sticks and stones.........

Grown ups should never let words lead to violence. Period. Be an example for the kids, because they need to know this too. Inexcusable. If people say the most horrific things possible to your face, just feel sorry for them. It doesn’t change you

22 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m from Cleveland.  People around the team were talking about it that same day.  I think the NFL wants to avoid the PR nightmare.  No way do they even admit it happened. 

We hear, or make up the narrative, of what we want to hear--especially NFL football fans. Maybe it did happen, but there has been no collaborating evidence. Doesn't work in the court of law nor in the court of public opinion. Move on Myles, and Browns fanboys.

Edited by CSBill

19 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well Mason should sue then.  

You keep saying this - you do understand to sue for libel - you must show how it  financially impacted you and your future earnings.  Just because someone says something about you does not mean you automatically can sue.  Even if it is a bold face lie.

Additionally - all suing does it keep it in the spotlight.  If there was truth to it or not - how are they going to prove anything - the players on the Steelers that were there denied it.  No Browns were close enough to hear anything - so it would be MG stating his piece versus a few Steelers with No real evidence.  Not exactly law suit material.

In the end - either way the ends are not justified by the means - you have a player that deserved to be suspended and has now been reinstated.  We will see how long before his next suspension as he as continually pushed the line and even in his limited time before this was noted as a dirty player. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Sticks and stones.........

Grown ups should never let words lead to violence. Period. Be an example for the kids, because they need to know this too. Inexcusable. If people say the most horrific things possible to your face, just feel sorry for them. It doesn’t change you

Yeah, I can't get on board with this 100%.  This dovetails into the bullying discussion.  Maybe the stats weren't kept until the last few decades, but I don't recall the child suicide rate related to bullying ever being as high as it is.  This whole teaching kids to just endure it and "be the bigger person" doesn't work. 

24 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Something tells me you’re seeing red behind your keyboard right now.

Someone needs to talk to somebody.