Myles Garrett Still Claiming Racial Slur

H2o

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We traveled to play Louisiana Lafayette, the Rajun Cajuns when I was a senior in college.

The two other starting outfielders were black.  It was a night game and the fans were viscous.  

They asked them to smile so they could see them.

I remember a fly ball got over the head of our centerfielder and someone yelled out "maybe you need that whip to make you run faster"

One guy yelled out "Do y'all listen to David Allen Coe?  You really should if you don't.  He's a really good song writer!" 

No fights...none. 

They were sticky?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Oh, I've got a million of them. It was an amateur league in PA filled by guys who were either not good enough to play pro ball, too old to play pro ball any more, or behind bars too often to play in college. We were the reincarnation of the 1976 Oakland Raiders. I literally cannot count the number of times I'd be looking for one of our defensive starters during a Sunday morning pregame only to be told he'd been hauled off back to jail on Friday night. They were a pack of occasionally dangerous lunatics, but by god they were funny. 

I'm more prone to believe it happened at a level where the players involved were younger and maybe hadn't developed a certain level of understanding and self-control, your daughters school being a prime example. But with older players that's just such a no-go zone that I really have a hard time buying Garret's story.

How close do you think college players are to that level of development?    I'm not saying I buy Garrett's story.  But I'm not sure Rudolph has entered the "older player no-go zone" either.

On looking for the starters and finding out they'd been hauled back to jail: I think there are probably a lot of Ty Nsekhe guys out there, talented players who got into too much trouble to play in college and only luck if they somehow manage to get seen.  I'd love to see the XFL succeed to give those guys a platform.

11 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Most of you are missing the real point;

Even if Rudolph did say a slur it doesnt justify Garret swinging his helmet to try to bash open Rudilph's head. Insults, no matter how hurtful or hateful, dont excuse violence.

I agree with you.  I believe that point has been made several times upthread

20 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I disagree.  You call me the n word, prepare to schedule dental surgery in the immediate future.

And that can totally be an appropriate response In the right situation

But be prepared to do time

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They spilled moonshine on themselves.

Hicks

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re reaching here.  Not once did I ever say MR called him that. Not once.  I also said it could be proven he didn’t, Garrett should be sued and suspended.  

I don’t use slurs.  I think only losers and people who lack something in their own lives do it.  It’s just how I was raised.  You’re right there isn’t a slur chart.   But to compare cracker to the n word is nuts given the history of this country.  

I have no idea what was said.  No one does so it’s dumb to pretend like we do.  There are people who are going to believe Garrett no what and there are people who will believe Rudolph or try to dismiss it as it’s just a word, get over it.  

If MR did, I don’t feel that bad for what happened. And if he didn’t, Garrett should face more consequences.  It’s pretty straight forward and I’m not sure there’s more to it than that. 

I agree with largely what you said and it's been a good conversation, IMO.  I never insinuated you said MR called him that.  I just pointed out you said it would be uncharacteristic of Myles given his mild nature.  That's speculation that you also didn't afford MR.  

I don't think cracker and n word need to be compared.  It actually doesn't foster any positive movement.  However, we can't dismiss other slurs and then expect positive change because historically they're not as egregious.  They come from the same hateful place in present time.  So a black person today - not lived through the worst time - has no right to claim special privilege if they use slurs.  

28 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I have it on good authority that the offensive word used was "Brown". Commissioner Goodell and Jay Z have appointed special arbitrator Riley Cooper to rule on the matter.

Could have even been "Brown slave" since many refer to being drafted as equivalent to slavery.

The better equivalent is serf which traditionally was someone who voluntarily gave up rights usually for protection.

The NFLPA, their representatives, made agreement and if players do not like it file as independent if you are in  right-to-work state.

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Need to add an Asian in there somewhere.

An Asian cracker? Is that what they make Panko out of? 

41 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I have it on good authority that the offensive word used was "Brown". Commissioner Goodell and Jay Z have appointed special arbitrator Riley Cooper to rule on the matter.

My kids played against Riley Cooper’s HS. He was not a good person by any account I ever saw or heard. I’m sure his parents love him. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What HS?

Clearwater Catholic School (FL). What a %$#&! 

The parents wanted to pummel that kid! He was just holding court with all his HS adorers during one of my kids hoops games and it was enough that I wanted a piece of him too. Extremely easy to dislike is a kind very way to put it. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Clearwater Catholic School (FL). What a %$#&! 

The parents wanted to pummel that kid! He was just holding court with all his HS adorers during one of my kids hoops games and it was enough that I wanted a piece of him too. Extremely easy to dislike is a kind very way to put it. 

He was never winning any Walter Payton Man of the Year awards.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He was never winning any Walter Payton Man of the Year awards.

I think he broke his hand punching out a car window. Does that get you an award of some type? A trophy? Maybe a medal or at least a ribbon you can put around his neck.............and then twist until he changes colors? 

Uh oh, he brings out my dark side.