Myles Garrett Still Claiming Racial Slur

H2o

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe but attempting to fight it and being angry that it is even suggested would be a good start. 

Welcome to the life of a minority.  Either accept abuse based solely on the color of your skin and just take it.  Or get angry and get called a thug.  

I'm a minority.  I've been called more racial slurs my whole life.  Being called a racial slur of any race is basing it solely on the color of your skin.  

If Garrett didn't swing a helmet, he wouldn't have been criticized.  A regular fight and people wouldn't be so against him.  The helmet is a weapon and no excuse not to be able to control your anger to that point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm a minority.  I've been called more racial slurs my whole life.  Being called a racial slur of any race is basing it solely on the color of your skin.  

If Garrett didn't swing a helmet, he wouldn't have been criticized.  A regular fight and people wouldn't be so against him.  The helmet is a weapon and no excuse not to be able to control your anger to that point.

Being short doesn’t count you know

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I have no idea how you of all people get away with calling people ignorant. And that’s without bringing up the fact that Garrett has a well earned reputation as one of the dirtiest players in the league.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re not this ignorant are you?  I hope not.  No slur is ok.  But if you are comparing the two, it’s absolutely insane.

and I have no idea what happened.  Neither does anyone else so it’s completely garbage to pretend like you do.  Every scouting report on Garrett is that he was a super mild mannered dude who might love art more than football.  

Super mild mannered dude.

Image result for myles garrett delanie walker gif

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Being short doesn’t count you know

You wouldn't be taller than me even if you wore Timberlands.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

11 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Fine line between "snapping" and not...why many coaches say 'controlled agression'.  Maybe you've played, maybe you haven't, but as a player it is tough to control your emotions when someone provokes you. 

Not defending Garrett, but rudolph is not innocent and Pounceys actions were also bad.  Cant know what was said, but you can see a player trying to rip off a players helmet, then charges after him after his own helmet is ripped off.  So....what if rudolph got Garrett's helmet ripped off and garrets neck was injured...cant say I feel bad for what happened

I thought one of the more interesting takes on the whole situation was on the 'Lo Down' with Lorenzo Alexander.  Oh, heck, they're a bit hard to find, I'll dig it up for y'all.
https://www.buffalobills.com/video/the-lo-down-with-lorenzo-alexander-x3481  (sorry to not dig up the timestamp)

My take on what 'Zo said was that he (by inference, many defensive players around the league) had kind of a "there but for the grace of God go I" reaction - he said something to the effect that in the moment "All you see is Red" and you don't care if there's a helmet in your hand or there's not a helmet in your hand.  He felt a key factor in the situation was that Garrett did not have any of his own teammates around him getting between him and keeping him back.

I think Zo would agree with your take "it is tough to control your emotions when someone provokes you".

Totally agree that Rudolph has plenty of fault in the whole incident, to me most clearly when he charged after Garrett yelling something after his helmet was ripped off.

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Maybe but attempting to fight it and being angry that it is even suggested would be a good start. 

Welcome to the life of a minority.  Either accept abuse based solely on the color of your skin and just take it.  Or get angry and get called a thug. 

Er.....you can get angry, and channel that in different ways than clocking a guy in the head with his helmet.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Rudolph was pretty adamant about not saying it. I don’t know if I’d say angry, but he’s clearly bothered by it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2864123-mason-rudolph-denies-myles-garretts-racial-slur-allegation-totally-untrue.amp.html

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I said at the time that claiming this was his best option. I don’t know if it happened or didn’t; I wasn’t there. However, this was CLEARLY his best avenue for sympathy and forgiveness. 

going to have to disagree there. And, it's backfired spectacularly.  When your own teammates don't go along with this race-baiting angle, and the Steelers, including Pouncy, do not back you up, you're going to have issues and look even less sympathetic than before.  Fans are forgiving of doing stupid things like Garrett did, but making up horrible accusations--the truth comes out--never help you.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I said at the time that claiming this was his best option. I don’t know if it happened or didn’t; I wasn’t there. However, this was CLEARLY his best avenue for sympathy and forgiveness. 

I agree. If you think about, it plays well with the public because you rarely hear anyone being accused of using a racial slur these days. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I literally said I have no idea what happened and neither than you.  It’s just based on scouting reports, this is completely out of character.  If it’s a guy like Burfict, RI, etc, it seems a little more understandable.

and again, no slur is ok. But am I really talking to a grown person who is downplaying the significance and history of the n word?  Where did you grow up?

I'm not down playing it - I just think it's difficult to move relations forward trying to have a slur chart.  Your argument really doesn't make things better - it's just regurgitation.  

If an Asian and a black guy get into an argument and the black guy calls him a slant eye and the Asain says well you're an N word.  You want historical significance to come into play and say the Asian is more wrong?  So for you to dismiss the other posters comment about slurs being uttered to him is ridiculous.  

That's why you are only able to look at this from one angle and compare Garrett to Burfect.  What about Rudolph's character tells you he likely made a racial slur?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I'm not down playing it - I just think it's difficult to move relations forward trying to have a slur chart.  Your argument really doesn't make things better - it's just regurgitation.  

If an Asian and a black guy get into an argument and the black guy calls him a slant eye and the Asain says well you're an N word.  You want historical significance to come into play and say the Asian is more wrong?  So for you to dismiss the other posters comment about slurs being uttered to him is ridiculous.  

That's why you are only able to look at this from one angle and compare Garrett to Burfect.  What about Rudolph's character tells you he likely made a racial slur?

You got it

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

FIFY

Pho Shizzle

I'm offended.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well he's reading your posts Kirby and he's waiting for more advice

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

You’re reaching here.  Not once did I ever say MR called him that. Not once.  I also said it could be proven he didn’t, Garrett should be sued and suspended.  

I don’t use slurs.  I think only losers and people who lack something in their own lives do it.  It’s just how I was raised.  You’re right there isn’t a slur chart.   But to compare cracker to the n word is nuts given the history of this country.  

I have no idea what was said.  No one does so it’s dumb to pretend like we do.  There are people who are going to believe Garrett no what and there are people who will believe Rudolph or try to dismiss it as it’s just a word, get over it.  

If MR did, I don’t feel that bad for what happened. And if he didn’t, Garrett should face more consequences.  It’s pretty straight forward and I’m not sure there’s more to it than that.