Bills part ways with Chief Administrative Officer Dave Wheat

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's been there since 1997 but they are thanking him for  nearly 20 years of hard work and dedication to our organization.  Hmmm ?

Maybe he's been in his position for 20 years, but didn't start out in that position when he joined the organization in '97.

21 minutes ago, JM57 said:

https://theathletic.com/733940/2018/12/26/blue-collar-guy-at-heart-behind-the-scenes-with-bills-exec-dave-wheat-who-humbly-keeps-the-organization-running/

Interesting move here. Remember reading about him in the linked article and he seemed like a real "glue guy"

Thanks for the article.  Seems like a good guy.  God a kick out of this........

The man in the picture collects sweaty laundry in the Bills’ postgame locker room, is LeSean McCoy’s travel consultant and has been an emergency snow shoveler at New Era Field

Wheat is responsible for having Bills staff, first responders and game-day agencies on alert for situations ranging from a terrorist attack to a ***** chucked onto the field.

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's been there since 1997 but they are thanking him for  nearly 20 years of hard work and dedication to our organization.  Hmmm ?

HAHA I thought the same thing.  Guess the last 3 years he just F'd off.  Heck I see that at work here.  In fact I got 14 months to go.  I want my time to be a F-off

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

CAO is one hell of a cushy job.  It’s like being being a CFO without any responsibility for the numbers.

Have a feeling there is probably a lot of paper pushing and documentation that likely goes with it...not my kind of job

13 hours ago, Augie said:

I’d like to interview. What does he do. More importantly, what does it pay? 

TBD will need your resume submitted properly, through the "Would Ya" thread.........

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Thanks for the article.  Seems like a good guy.  God a kick out of this........

The man in the picture collects sweaty laundry in the Bills’ postgame locker room, is LeSean McCoy’s travel consultant and has been an emergency snow shoveler at New Era Field

Wheat is responsible for having Bills staff, first responders and game-day agencies on alert for situations ranging from a terrorist attack to a ***** chucked onto the field.

Honestly, these kind of behind-the-scenes people DO help businesses run smoothly. Hope they find a good replacement. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems like they chose to move on from him ... any reason why?

Because the Pegula sports empire is a well oiled machine and they want to achieve some synergies from the successes they have had with the Sabres and the multiple successful hires they have had in upper management

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1