Tyrod Taylor Could Be Chargers New Starting QB

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I thought TT did the best he could with the pieces we had at the time. Below average OL, WRs and TEs, and he still did enough to get to playoffs. Cool character too. I wish him well. 

Agreed.   Not going to get you to the SB, but exciting player and seemed like a good guy as well.

20 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Agreed.   Not going to get you to the SB, but exciting player and seemed like a good guy as well.

For sure. He was a good soldier who just wasn't quite good enough at his position. Borderline NFL starter, great backup because he won't lose you games. He just won't win them either. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He did the best HE could, yes. But that is cos HE is not very good. 

At the moment I, like most, have Justin Herbert pencilled in to the Chargers at #6. But I do think Jalen Hurts is a really interesting option later in the draft here too. If Anthony Lynn did really pick up any of Greg Roman's offense from running it for a season in Buffalo I could see a Baltimore-lite approach. Hurts is behind where Jackson was coming out still but it could be an alternative to spending a top 10 pick on a QB who isn't really worthy of that spot. 

I more think Denver are the team primed to take a step. Fangio always produces at least decent defenses and if what Lock produced at the end of the season can be maintained in the longer term with one of the best young receivers in the game and one of the best young TEs..... well.... Denver could find itself in 9 or 10 win territory. 

I could see Denver making a leap too.  But I'm not sold on any of their skill position players on offense and I really liked Noah Fant in 2019 draft. Agree Lock looked like he was on the right path but it will be wait and see just as it was with Josh.  

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So you say they need several pieces to improve...but Taylor is the main ingredient?

INT’s were the main thing issue?  So why wasn’t Taylor named starter immediately then?   He’s regressed every year since 2015.  He was benched after 4 weeks in Cleveland because he was so bad when he had a talented offensive roster.

Just an FYI....you were only off by about 900 yards with your LeSean McCoy vs Gore/Singletary yards prediction....and Singletary missed 6 games.

When is the QB not the main ingredient?  I'm in no way suggesting TT is the future in San Diego.  Hell he could get beat out by the rookie they draft.  But if he stays as error free as he has been in the past, he gives the Chargers a shot to be competitive for a WC spot late into the season.

As for my RB prediction I was way off in yards but correct in which player would have a better year.  McCoy posted 4.6 YPC which is a full 1 YPC more than Gore. Gore had 130 more yards but on 60+ more carries.  Only he and Andy Reid know why he didn't get that many carries as the season wore on.  Fumbles?  Seems odd as he was never a chronic fumbler.  Hope he gets a chance somewhere.  

This shouldn’t come as a shock. Tyrod falls in that category of “placeholder” QB. He’s like Fitz in that sense. If the Chargers draft someone raw like Herbert or Love they may need someone to hold down the fort for a little while. Tyrod has a winning record in the league and won’t beat his team. He’s not going to win or lose you games. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep they just publically parted ways with Rivers, so everyone knows they need a QB. They are trying to look not desperate even though they are desperate, so when they call about trading up they aren’t hosed. LAC GM: “We are fine! Everything is fine. We will just play Tuh-rod” *bursts into flames*

I actually believe that Lynn is 1) comfortable with Tyrod's skillset and how to maximize it and 2) comfortable with a worst case of Tyrod plus the Vet QBs available in FA, and a shot at Trevor Lawrence. 

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This shouldn’t come as a shock. Tyrod falls in that category of “placeholder” QB. He’s like Fitz in that sense. If the Chargers draft someone raw like Herbert or Love they may need someone to hold down the fort for a little while. Tyrod has a winning record in the league and won’t beat his team. He’s not going to win or lose you games. 

This.

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I thought TT did the best he could with the pieces we had at the time. Below average OL, WRs and TEs, and he still did enough to get to playoffs. Cool character too. I wish him well. 

Really? Average roster? He had Sammy walkins, Robert woods, percey harvin, Charles clay, goodwin and Chris Hogan. He also had prime lesean McCoy and a solid offense line with Eric wood, Richie incognito, and a healthy Cordy Glenn. With all those weapons he couldn't get it done.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

Really? Average roster? He had Sammy walkins, Robert woods, percey harvin, Charles clay, goodwin and Chris Hogan. He also had prime lesean McCoy and a solid offense line with Eric wood, Richie incognito, and a healthy Cordy Glenn. With all those weapons he couldn't get it done.

Not in 2017, which is what he's referring to (the playoff season). 

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I wanted TT replaced and was very critical of him.  But the hate he gets now is so laughable and predictable.  He was from great but he was a good game manager and won more than he lost.  He also got totally boned by this new regime when they forced him into a west coast offense, traded his best receiver away weeks before the opener, and replaced him with scrubs like Matthews and Benjamin because they were in love with one of the worst qbs ever.

but they are mostly likely going to draft a guy hire and let him compete with Tyrod for the job.  Kinda of a non story.

9 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

This just proves that Anthony Lynn was a poor coach and I am SO GLAD we let him go elsewhere.... dodged that thankfully!!!!!

Starting Tyrod again? What a maroon. ??????

So he is a moron because of something that hasn’t happened yet?  He also has a higher winning % than our coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

My biggest issue with TyTy was his utter lack of situational awareness.  I’m convinced he never knew the down and distance, the score, or where the play and game clock were.  

Or who was snapping the ball ?

My favorite thing about that was that he picked up the first on like 3rd and forever 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Halloween Land said:

The roster didn't match the scheme on defense during his tenure here. In the years where we had the players you mention our O was top 10 in scoring, but our D was 27th and 24th. Now our D keeps us in games and we can't score consistently.