Tyrod Taylor Could Be Chargers New Starting QB

Rivers threw 20 picks in 16 games last year.  Tyrod has 20 interceptions in 70 career games.  They have a good WR group but need work on their line.  No doubt he is a placeholder for Tua or Herbert who they will draft at #6.  But if they improve the o-line TT will win 8 or 9 games next year in a division with Las Vegas and Denver.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

But if they improve the o-line TT will win 8 or 9 games next year in a division with Las Vegas and Denver.  

he couldn’t win a game with a plus 5 turnover ratio last season.  

there’s no possible reason to think he would win 8-9 games on a team that just stunk.  

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Rivers threw 20 picks in 16 games last year.  Tyrod has 20 interceptions in 70 career games.  They have a good WR group but need work on their line.  No doubt he is a placeholder for Tua or Herbert who they will draft at #6.  But if they improve the o-line TT will win 8 or 9 games next year in a division with Las Vegas and Denver.  

Come on man.

You make some wild predictions but this one takes the cake.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Needle said:

This is not a fair assessment IMO. He wasnt a dumb player and your recollection is inaccurate. Short on some arm talent and vision sure but not stupid.

I thought he was just slow processing everything. Tentative Taylor was his nickname on the old BBMB and was spot on. I agree though, not a dumb guy by any means , the game just never slowed down enough for him.

I'd be interested in seeing him used way more like Lamar. Even tho Taylor had Roman , he wasn't using Taylors feet as a weapon 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Smoke, meet screen. They are taking a QB in the top of the 1st and if TT is the starter it will go just like it did for him in Cleveland. 

I thought you were talking about John Brown at first.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Smoke, meet screen. They are taking a QB in the top of the 1st and if TT is the starter it will go just like it did for him in Cleveland. 

I’m sure the other 31 GM’s are now utterly convinced that the Chargers aren’t taking a QB.

These antics are so tiresome and fool nobody. Why even bother?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Come on man.

You make some wild predictions but this one takes the cake.

4th place schedule, 10th easiest strength of schedule, 9 of their 11 losses were by 7 points or less with a QB that threw 1.25 INT/game

They need several pieces to improve but I think they will win at least 8 games next year.  

Edited by Ethan in Portland

42 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I thought he was just slow processing everything. Tentative Taylor was his nickname on the old BBMB and was spot on. I agree though, not a dumb guy by any means , the game just never slowed down enough for him.

I'd be interested in seeing him used way more like Lamar. Even tho Taylor had Roman , he wasn't using Taylors feet as a weapon 

Roman and TT had NFL #1 rushing attack in 2015, and TT had 568 yards rushing and 5.5YPA .  TT made the ProBowl (after the top 4 or 5 guys dropped out I thinkt) but was never anywhere close to what Lamar Jackson was this past year (1000+ yards and almost 7 YPA).

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I thought TT did the best he could with the pieces we had at the time. Below average OL, WRs and TEs, and he still did enough to get to playoffs. Cool character too. I wish him well. 

He did the best HE could, yes. But that is cos HE is not very good. 

At the moment I, like most, have Justin Herbert pencilled in to the Chargers at #6. But I do think Jalen Hurts is a really interesting option later in the draft here too. If Anthony Lynn did really pick up any of Greg Roman's offense from running it for a season in Buffalo I could see a Baltimore-lite approach. Hurts is behind where Jackson was coming out still but it could be an alternative to spending a top 10 pick on a QB who isn't really worthy of that spot. 

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I more think Denver are the team primed to take a step. Fangio always produces at least decent defenses and if what Lock produced at the end of the season can be maintained in the longer term with one of the best young receivers in the game and one of the best young TEs..... well.... Denver could find itself in 9 or 10 win territory. 

7 hours ago, Needle said:

This is not a fair assessment IMO. He wasnt a dumb player and your recollection is inaccurate. Short on some arm talent and vision sure but not stupid.

Nothing to do with intelligence, he seems perfectly bright to me.  His game was just all about reacting (slowly) to the play as it happens.  There was no strategy to his game.  Rarely picked on a weak cornerback or tested a flaw in the defense.  Maddening refusal to throw past the sticks on key third downs.  Let the playclock run down and out too often.  Just overall bad at situational football.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

4th place schedule, 10th easiest strength of schedule, 9 of their 11 losses were by 7 points or less with a QB that threw 1.25 INT/game

They need several pieces to improve but I think they will win at least 8 games next year.  

So you say they need several pieces to improve...but Taylor is the main ingredient?

INT’s were the main thing issue?  So why wasn’t Taylor named starter immediately then?   He’s regressed every year since 2015.  He was benched after 4 weeks in Cleveland because he was so bad when he had a talented offensive roster.

Just an FYI....you were only off by about 900 yards with your LeSean McCoy vs Gore/Singletary yards prediction....and Singletary missed 6 games.