Was Kurt Cobain (Singer) Murdered??

LeviF

4 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

kurt killed himself. for as crazy as courtney is/was, kurt was even crazier. he had bigtime problems.

Absolutely.

And it's silly for anyone to believe that one heroin addict could successfully stage the suicide of her heroin addict husband.  There's no way in hell Courtney Love could have done that, nor do I think she would have.

The entire story is very sad, primarily because a young man (27) who lived in chronic pain and was addicted to heroin was dead and he left his baby daughter behind.

Very sad story all around.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Having lived in Seattle for 17 years, 10 months of drizzle & fog, followed by fog & drizzle are more than enough to at least consider killing yourself.  There are a LOT of alcoholics and suicides there.  We left in 2003,  well before the whole place went to hell.  August and September are beautiful!

On 2/14/2020 at 11:49 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Having lived in Seattle for 17 years, 10 months of drizzle & fog, followed by fog & drizzle are more than enough to at least consider killing yourself.  There are a LOT of alcoholics and suicides there.  We left in 2003,  well before the whole place went to hell.  August and September are beautiful!

Seattle is a great town IMO; I really like it there and it has a distinct vibe...but living in that weather would probably lead me to suicide too.  There is a lot to be said for sunshine.

On 2/14/2020 at 8:49 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Maybe Seattle is very different than Portland, OR (where I live), but what you wrote does not reflect the reality that I experience here, weather wise. Maybe things have changed with global warming, but what you describe is like a caricature of the actual weather of the pacific northwest. What you're describing is what we jokingly swear up and down to outsiders that we have in order to keep them from moving here.

On the contrary, I have found the pacific northwest to have some of the most beautiful, mild, and temperate weather that I have ever experienced. Not having a real winter helps, too. MAYBE two days of minor snowfall all winter long. This year, we had none. I find that this region is sunnier and more enjoyable and less depressing weather wise than western New York, where I grew up. Just my opinion.

Alas, I can't dispute the fact that there are huge problems with addiction and suicide here. That much is true. The weather stuff, though? Poppycock and balderdash. 

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Fixed

This makes me sad, Mark!  I'm interested to know why you feel this way.  I think "rock" is a huge umbrella (not as huge as the rock and roll hall of fame thinks it is) and I consider Cobain's contribution as being one who helped create a new era/generation of rock.

49 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This makes me sad, Mark!  I'm interested to know why you feel this way.  I think "rock" is a huge umbrella (not as huge as the rock and roll hall of fame thinks it is) and I consider Cobain's contribution as being one who helped create a new era/generation of rock.

I'll admit I overstated it, I was just not a fan. Never saw the big deal about Cobain and his style.

I am probably in the minority on this one, and if I am so be it. Just didn't get into it, that's all.

• Like (+1) 1