5 Bills named to NFL.com top-200 fantasy players list

5 Bills named to NFL.com top-200 fantasy players list

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/13/5-buffalo-bills-top-200-fantasy-players-list-josh-allen-dawson-knox-devin-singletary-john-brown-cole-beasley/

NFL.com named five Bills among the top-200 for the 2020 fantasy season that’s just around the corner. Here’s the five Bills players who made the cut:

Devin Singletary: 54th overall, RB23

John Brown: 67th overall, WR32

Josh Allen: 84th overall, QB7

Cole Beasley: 127th overall; WR52

Dawson Knox: 192nd overall, TE22

Running back Devin Singletary is the highest-ranking Buffalo fantasy player, according to Fabiano. The rookie started the 2019 campaign in a secondary role to veteran Frank Gore. However, Singletary was by far the more dynamic player and wrestled the starting job away mid-season.

Singletary averaged a robust 5.1 yards per carry on 151 carries. He was a surprise element in the passing game, catching 29 passes. He totaled four touchdowns on the season as well.

He enters in the third-tier of running back at this point, offering solid flex appeal for players next year. Singletary is the undisputed No. 1 in the Bills backfield, so he will garner the majority of touches on offense.

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

I thought S Houcshka (?) might make it, obviously dpends upon how this specific  FF rates kickers.

Knox might not even start.  With all the $ we wasted on Kroft & Lee Smith  wont be shocked if we go TE FA again.

Thought Singletary might be able to rank  higher.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Allen is easily a top-10 fantasy QB for 2020, but most fantasy rankings lowball the entire QB position. 

Singletary's fantasy value hinges on who else we add at RB. If he becomes a committee back, he drops at least 50 spots.

11 minutes ago, 947 said:

Allen is easily a top-10 fantasy QB for 2020, but most fantasy rankings lowball the entire QB position. 

Singletary's fantasy value hinges on who else we add at RB. If he becomes a committee back, he drops at least 50 spots.

As they should. You were/are far better off drafting Allen for a dollar than a Mahomes for 25+. 

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I thought S Houcshka (?) might make it, obviously dpends upon how this specific  FF rates kickers.

Knox might not even start.  With all the $ we wasted on Kroft & Lee Smith  wont be shocked if we go TE FA again.

Houcshka had some rough games.  Even though he finished better,  IMO it was too much to overcome to make that list. 

54th overall seems good.  

I assume  RB23 means the 23rd rated RB.   It would have helped his rankings if had he been the starter all year and broken 1000 yards.  

In Total rushing yards by a RB he ranked 24th 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think Singletary will be much more valuable than that list indicates. 

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Singletary will be an RB1 next season.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

On talent alone, I would agree.  But I think the fact that Allen ran the ball into the endzone in goal to go situations so much hurts his fantasy value pretty badly.  He put up a decent amount of yards when he was in, but didn't score a lot of touchdowns (only 2!).  Add in his injury and the fact that the Bills will likely pick up another RB

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Houcshka had some rough games.  Even though he finished better,  IMO it was too much to overcome to make that list. 

54th overall seems good.  

I assume  RB23 means the 23rd rated RB.   It would have helped his rankings if had he been the starter all year and broken 1000 yards.  

In Total rushing yards by a RB he ranked 24th 

Yes it does which seems low to me, even if the Bills get another RB to split time with DS.    I would have a tough time coming up with 22 RB in FF ahead of him (no doubt some "expert" will come up with 23 and "prove" me wrong).

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 947 said:

Yeah its kind of odd...the QB puts up the most stats usually but they get the least points per stat...its weird...

1 hour ago, 947 said:

That's a good point. And my strategy has been to wait on QB's till later in the past, but I'm sick of getting beat by teams with Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson. This year I'm going to get a top QB.

13 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah its kind of odd...the QB puts up the most stats usually but they get the least points per stat...its weird...

The reason QB's aren't as valued is because there is not a huge drop off of production after the elites. You can always find a QB on the waiver wire that can get you enough points in any given week. At RB there is a steep cliff after the top few guys, so even though your QB will generally get the most points on your team, running back is more important because if you are caught without a good one you will struggle the whole season to manufacture enough points from that position.

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's a good point. And my strategy has been to wait on QB's till later in the past, but I'm sick of getting beat by teams with Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson. This year I'm going to get a top QB.

The reason QB's aren't as valued is because there is not a huge drop off of production after the elites. You can always find a QB on the waiver wire that can get you enough points in any given week. At RB there is a steep cliff after the top few guys, so even though your QB will generally get the most points on your team, running back is more important because if you are caught without a good one you will struggle the whole season to manufacture enough points from that position.

But isn't that an issue with how the scoring is done?  Why should an elite QB be close to a crappy QB?

57 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

But isn't that an issue with how the scoring is done?  Why should an elite QB be close to a crappy QB?

Because the actual stats aren't that dissimilar and passing stats are scaled down so that QB isn't the only important position.

3 hours ago, 947 said:

if that happens it means the other rb is having a really good year, which while not the best news for singleterry,  its good news for the bills.