Trumaine Johnson - buy low

Rigotz

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt your feelings? 

Norman would be cheap, and his best years (when he was the best corner in the league) came while playing for Mcd. The memory is short in this business, and I guarantee Beane wasn't the reason the tag was pulled- whether or not he agreed with the idea. Johnson was overrated before he got paid, and now he's garbage. 

Also let’s not forget Norman’s biggest knock was he was an elite zone corner in Carolina and fell off a cliff when Washington paid him to start playing man all the time. He’s the ultimate buy low veteran 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Johnson been absolute trash on the NYJ, sometimes CBs flame out, he's an example

Hence... buying low.  Little to no guarantee - still have wallace.  There's quite a few buy low type candidates.  Buffalo only carried 4 last year for the most part with neal as nickel depth and primary special teams.  There will likely be another on the practice squad.  

I'm not opposed to a trumaine johnson, or a jason verrett type of buy low with little to no guarantee.  If they don't make the team out of camp its not harming the team to bring them in.  I'd just like them also to sign someone else thats capable of starting, like a bradberry or something.  4 out of 5 DB spots are locked in, and wallace is still - pretty good.  Why not try and improve that position though and the depth there.  I'd rather write off dead money but end up with a really good player.  Sign 3 and cut 2 - doesn't matter to me!

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Yuck.

32 years old. Fined 3+ times for hitting players dirty or mouthing off about officials.

Not to mention he went to war with the Panthers in 2016 when they rescinded his franchise tag.

Who was the Assistant GM for the Panthers in 2016? Brandon Beane.

Who was the Defensive Coordinator for the Panthers in 2016? Sean McDermott.

Very well thought out. You should stick to your "yuck" messages.

We do run a lot of zone coverages and I think he could play SS/FS if a starter goes down. For the right price on a 2 to 3 year deal I would be interested. 

10 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Not sayun' yes or no.  Just do the due diligence, Brandon.

He likely already has, ?

On 2/13/2020 at 11:34 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

I just cant get excited about a DB pickup this offseason. bring back kevin Johnson for outside to inside depth and let Wallace keep developing.

Stank, I'd bet there are new faces, good players, competing at every position.  White is safe, but no one else. 

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Stank, I'd bet there are new faces, good players, competing at every position.  White is safe, but no one else. 

you're right. but I personally would like to see kevin Johnson have another year and another go at Wallace this year... I believe that battle would give us a formidable #2 and #3.

Edited by Stank_Nasty