The Roger Stone Case

Tiberius

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Even if all that is true Stone knowingly broke the law when he could've just invoked his fifth amendment rights or told the truth to Congress.  He has nobody to blame but himself.

Really? This is your response? Combined with what @Cinga mentions above, you are ok with all of it? What the hell is wrong with you? 

1 hour ago, sabrecrazed said:

Really? This is your response? Combined with what @Cinga mentions above, you are ok with all of it? What the hell is wrong with you? 

Stone has really crappy lawyers then if some internet board sports poster knew something in the legal process they didn't.

All I will say is that if the judge and jury head are partisan hacks in a case anywhere else in this country, the case would get thrown out..............

but since it’s #orangemanbad constituent Roger Stone, he will be getting a re-trial with an electric chair execution waiting at the end of the trial.

While it’s pretty easy to be no fan of Roger Stone, those watching this case around the globe have to be laughing their azzes off at this whole process.

Just because Stone comes as a smug prick doesn’t mean he deserves an execution (long jail sentence).

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Cinga said:

This entire Stone sentence and the entire discussion here ignores one very basic problem to the whole process.

That is the very beginning of the entire investigation was started under false pretense, and dare I say, ILLEGALLY!

We know now that even the very first FISA warrant that began this whole mess was obtained under false testimony. Now... I was a law school dropout so maybe one of our better lawyers here can add to this or maybe correct me, but from what I remember, any evidence of testimony obtained under illegal circumstances is not admissible in court.

So shouldn't any charges brought about against anyone during an illegal investigation be likewise inadmissible? Stone was only called to testify because of the Mueller investigation right? And now that we know that investigation was totally bogus?

Stone wasn't prosecuted because of the FISA abuses. He was prosecuted because he lied under oath to Congress. How he got there to testify isn't relevant, the act of lying under oath is.

However, with that said, it's pretty clear he wasn't given a fair trial if the forebitch of the jury is a partisan hack who lied to get on the jury panel.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Stone wasn't prosecuted because of the FISA abuses. He was prosecuted because he lied under oath to Congress. How he got there to testify isn't relevant, the act of lying under oath is.

However, with that said, it's pretty clear he wasn't given a fair trial if the forebitch of the jury is a partisan hack who lied to get on the jury panel.

But isn't it also that he lied to Congress during their investigation into Russia collusion brought about by the FISA abuse?

51 minutes ago, Cinga said:

But isn't it also that he lied to Congress during their investigation into Russia collusion brought about by the FISA abuse?

Doesn't matter what brought about the inquiry - the crime is giving the false statements under oath.

As my boss likes to say, "how can you trust a government that can lie to you, but will throw you in prison if you lie to them?"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Koko78 said:

One juror doesn’t decide the case. And this juror is allowed to hold political views, this is still America. You guys think only Republicans should Judge people, that’s so arrogant 

Another thing that the common folk will ask about this is............

Why is Roger Stone going to jail for lying about something that’s a total lie (Russian collusion delusion)?

Since when is being an unlikable dick with NO criminal record tantamount to a prison sentence?

24 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

You're a ***** idiot.

No, actually I’m just right. What are you so pissed about? You should be happy, the communist is winning the Dem nomination. Four more years for your criminal prez. Stop acting like a Trump U graduate ? 

23 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Doesn't matter what brought about the inquiry - the crime is giving the false statements under oath.

As my boss likes to say, "how can you trust a government that can lie to you, but will throw you in prison if you lie to them?"

I like your boss....