The Roger Stone Case

Tiberius

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You know it’s a slow news week when the Roger Stone case gets its own thread! Geez, I wish Washington would get to work doing things that actually benefit the American people. 

It didn't. Tibs the troll started it and for some reason people are feeding him by having a serious discussion in it. 

Now that we know beyond the shadow of a doubt that he did not get a fair trial the odds are high that he will eventually delete the thread.

14 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Why do you folks think this was done publicly? 

Because justice is coming, and has been coming for the past year and a half. I’ve been trying to warn you... 

(Bob, once again parroting the MSM talking point without question or consideration ... https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/02/14/politics/donald-trump-william-barr-justice-loyalty/index.html? )

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KRC said:

It was done publicly because the morans in the media and the Dems keep stating that Barr is a Trump puppet and that Trump is influencing him, therefore IMPEACH and fire Barr. Normal people would just pick up the phone, but Barr is doing this to shut down the Dems and media (not that it is going to matter, because they have a narrative to maintain).

Well, if Barr did this publicly because he thought it was now starting to appear like Trump was directing his actions, the Dems and the media are no more moronic than Barr for making that same observation.   I agree though that the press and our Congress were also meant to hear the message from Barr.

Trump is impulsive and so self important that I doubt this guidance from Barr restrains his improper tweeting for long.   Guess time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You know it’s a slow news week when the Roger Stone case gets its own thread! Geez, I wish Washington would get to work doing things that actually benefit the American people. 

The president pressuring the DOJ, judges and jurors is a big deal. So corrupt 

22 minutes ago, KRC said:

It was done publicly because the morans in the media and the Dems keep stating that Barr is a Trump puppet and that Trump is influencing him, therefore IMPEACH and fire Barr. Normal people would just pick up the phone, but Barr is doing this to shut down the Dems and media (not that it is going to matter, because they have a narrative to maintain).

Gees, why would people think that? Misrepresenting the Mueller report, forcing career prosecutors to change sentencing recommendations of the President's friend, not recusing himself from the whistleblower issue, even though he was mentioned in the corrupt act on the phone and on and on 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yet the normal crowd of low information TDS addled minds think this is something to panic over. Because they're emotional, not logical. They're programmed, not independent thinkers. 

(And the real goal is to discredit Barr's work, cement Stone's "conviction for Russia!", and bury the truth)

My God, you are such a POS 

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm putting this through my Meetinthemiddle-o-meter:

No indication Trump will barricade himself in the Oval office until 2037;

No indication anyone on this board would support him doing so;

Recognition this is some far-out-there-thinking;

Don Quincy Trump Jr maybe runs for President;

Stone convicted;

Stone sentencing recommendation probably a bit harsh; 

Trump shouldn't tweet out on DOJ matters because it makes AGs job harder;

Acknowledgement that other presidents do exactly the same thing but Twitter makes it public; 

Assessment: very reasonable. Welcome to Lebanon (Kansas). 

Not a Chiefs fan.  The only reason I think Trump may not be in cahoots with Barr is because he's dumb enough to tweet about what he'd like to see Barr do.

So when the previous President of the United States jumps into a case at a local level, and calls the Massachusetts Police Department 'stupid' for SPEAKING HARSHLY to a professor friend of his , that's OK?  But when the current President comments on something as serious as sentencing his friend to YEARS IN PRISON.....that's outrageous? If you say so.