The Roger Stone Case

Tiberius

15 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Oh *****! Tibs found the silver bullet! Quick! Get this to Nancy, wake her up if you need to- she actually operates better when hungover. If it happens quick we can get the impeachment going before the weekend!

Dude intervened on a case on of personal interest. Is he going to do the same for the hundreds of thousands facing the same situation?

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Didn’t Obama invoke executive privilege to exonerate Holder?

Uhhh. Nah.

12 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

IMHO when Trump wins in 2020, you will begin to hear talk of ending 8 yr max. Congress has no limits. Senate has no limits. Supreme Court has no limits so why should 1 branch of government be restricted. Trump, Putin, Kim rule the world.

How far gone do you have to be to actually think this?  If anything Don Jr. will pry run which won't make him all that different than other presidential families (Adams, Harrison, Bush) or failed attempts (Clinton).  Maybe attack him on not following through with his campaign pledge to implement congressional campaign limits.

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Didn’t Obama invoke executive privilege to exonerate Holder?

So, the President weighing in on Stone gets the media’s and Democrats tampons all in a wad and is an impeachable offense?

The left’s hypocrisy Is beyond laughable and you people have been called out.

Stone is a private citizen convicted of multiple crimes by a jury of his peers so that's not a great comparison. Most presidents have invoked executive privilege multiple times.  

Trump shouldn't comment about this crap on Twitter as he puts people like Barr in an awkward position to the point where he had to go on network tv and call the president's tweets not helpful.  Do it behind the scenes like most previous presidents.  Seven to nine years does seem a bit harsh despite Stone being a horrible human being.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Is this really your honest opinion?  Because if you honestly believe this you should seriously look into getting your frontal lobe tested.  I am not kidding.  If your honest opinion sounds like a comic book theme you are either hyperbolic or seriously needing of professional help.

I am neither a supporter of Trump or detractor but he has entered into many controversial directions so term limits seems a logical direction for a man with this huge ego.IMHO.  Revenge is a powerful force for him.

8 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Pffft

You're an idiot.

Blocked. This dude is hopeless.

Block me for expressing an opinion that an illogical man will take what appears to be an illogical direction to logical people. Seriously.

Not surprising that you revert to name calling and bullying within 4 words. ?

14 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Barr has this right IMO.......the daily dose of crap from Tweetie is over the top now.....Jesus............

Barr says Trump tweets 'make it impossible to do my job' amid Roger Stone drama

By Gregg Re | Fox News

Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President Trump's tweets "make it impossible for me to do my job," in an unusual swipe at the president, although he emphasized that Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case."

"I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases," Barr said. "I'm not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody ... whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bill-barr-trump-tweets-roger-stone

Worst. Trump. Puppet. Ever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, njbuff said:

These leftists are out of their fvckin minds.

Independents are the important ones in this and most of them see leftists as I just stated.

I just don’t take these leftists seriously AT ALL.

Give me a name leftist posters name in here and I will tell you I just don’t take them seriously.

All of the leftists here are just like Juan Williams, which means just put them on mute before they talk cause they are about to make no sense whatsoever.

Obviously you can’t mute anyone here. ?

Express one opinion that goes against the extreme right and the anger, bullying and name calling starts. I am more fiscal conservative than you will ever be, I just see right extremism as damaging as left extremism to freedom and the pursuit of happiness. AR 15s are as dangerous to my freedom and happiness  as are subsidized housing and food stamps.

13 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Express one opinion that goes against the extreme right and the anger, bullying and name calling starts. I am more fiscal conservative than you will ever be, I just see right extremism as damaging as left extremism to freedom and the pursuit of happiness. AR 15s are as dangerous to my freedom and happiness  as are subsidized housing and food stamps.

The ratio of left violence to right violence is about 1000-1 and that is a fact.

I am not a Republican or a Democrat so I have no dog in the fight whatsoever.

The bullying and name calling is MUCH more pronounced on the left and that is just a fact of life. If you believe otherwise, you live a fvcking bubble.

And the left has no desire for freedom or happiness. They want power, and if you don't agree with them, they want to destroy you in every possible way because they hate you.

Roger Stone is facing 9 years in prison for lying to Congress.

Jim Comey lied to Congress. Andrew McCabe lied to Congress. John Brennan lied to Congree. James Clapper lied to Congress. I could go on and on and on and on and on.

Where are their 9 year sentences?

Lefties can literally get away with murder and anyone who isn't them gets 9 years in jail for process crimes. Where is the justice?

Weiner didn't even serve his full sentence of 21 months for being a disgusting pedophilic perv. TWENTY ONE MONTHS. 

If you don't see any of what I typed above for what it is, you are blinded and you lap up whatever the disgusting MSM tells you to believe.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The ratio of left violence to right violence is about 1000-1 and that is a fact.

I am not a Republican or a Democrat so I have no dog in the fight whatsoever.

The bullying and name calling is MUCH more pronounced on the left and that is just a fact of life. If you believe otherwise, you live a fvcking bubble.

And the left has no desire for freedom or happiness. They want power, and if you don't agree with them, they want to destroy you in every possible way because they hate you.

Roger Stone is facing 9 years in prison for lying to Congress.

Jim Comey lied to Congress. Andrew McCabe lied to Congress. John Brennan lied to Congree. James Clapper lied to Congress. I could go on and on and on and on and on.

Where are their 9 year sentences?

Lefties can literally get away with murder and anyone who isn't them gets 9 years in jail for process crimes. Where is the justice?

Weiner didn't even serve his full sentence of 21 months for being a disgusting pedophilic perv. TWENTY ONE MONTHS. 

If you don't see any of what I typed above for what it is, you are blinded and you lap up whatever the disgusting MSM tells you to believe.

I actually believe much of what you say, except I am not blind. The left is the equal to the right in terms of hatred and bullying. Both extremes are relentless and pius. Both are dangerous to democracy and freedom. This all started with an opinion that Trump will want to extend past 8 years. I still think this is possible and if so you owe me a beer. 

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

I actually believe much of what you say, except I am not blind. The left is the equal to the right in terms of hatred and bullying. Both extremes are relentless and pius. Both are dangerous to democracy and freedom. This all started with an opinion that Trump will want to extend past 8 years. I still think this is possible and if so you owe me a beer. 

You’re delusional. I already explained to you that it won’t and can’t happen and why. 

6 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

It's not equal and to say otherwise is just foolhardy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

How far gone do you have to be to actually think this?  If anything Don Jr. will pry run which won't make him all that different than other presidential families (Adams, Harrison, Bush) or failed attempts (Clinton).  Maybe attack him on not following through with his campaign pledge to implement congressional campaign limits.

Stone is a private citizen convicted of multiple crimes by a jury of his peers so that's not a great comparison. Most presidents have invoked executive privilege multiple times.  

Trump shouldn't comment about this crap on Twitter as he puts people like Barr in an awkward position to the point where he had to go on network tv and call the president's tweets not helpful.  Do it behind the scenes like most previous presidents.  Seven to nine years does seem a bit harsh despite Stone being a horrible human being.  

I'm putting this through my Meetinthemiddle-o-meter:

No indication Trump will barricade himself in the Oval office until 2037;

No indication anyone on this board would support him doing so;

Recognition this is some far-out-there-thinking;

Don Quincy Trump Jr maybe runs for President;

Stone convicted;

Stone sentencing recommendation probably a bit harsh; 

Trump shouldn't tweet out on DOJ matters because it makes AGs job harder;

Acknowledgement that other presidents do exactly the same thing but Twitter makes it public; 

Assessment: very reasonable. Welcome to Lebanon (Kansas). 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Nanker said:

You’re delusional. I already explained to you that it won’t and can’t happen and why. 

That will be two beers for you.

25 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It's not equal and to say otherwise is just foolhardy.

Foolhardy is not being able to see that both extremes are dangerous and equal. I'll pass on that beer with you. 

16 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

That only seems that way because the left loses their collective schitt over every single thing Trump does. They're counting ice cream scoops and sniffles, for crying out loud, and insisting America as we know is going to spiral into a doomed, horrific society because of ... (checks notes).... he sniffles a lot!

Maybe get the Q-tibs to quit attacking people for a red hat, or driving vans through their booths, or telling white people to leave a multicultural center because they don't belong there.

Or maybe just get them to STFU for 24 hours. Just STFU.

But they can't. Cuz Q-tibs gotta Q-tibs.

Understood.  It must seem as though every liberal is an idiot when you attribute every foolish lefty statement to every person on the left.  In fact, a similar level of foolishness can be found in some on the right.  If I attributed every stupid right leaning statement to every righty poster here, I am sure they would look like even bigger morons to me. 

Since I have no more control over left leaning foolishness than you have over right leaning foolishness, we are going to have to learn to be more discerning......unless you like the frustration and anger. 

Here's a thought..... sort of like addressing racial prejudice, why not talk to individual posters, ask for their individual views, and try to resist stereotyping?  Or, since you claim to enjoy the national divide, keep doing what you are doing I guess.

2 hours ago, KRC said:

Worst. Trump. Puppet. Ever.

Certainly Barr's statement was meant to be heard by more than Trump though, right?   With a lot less fanfare he could have picked up the phone to tell Trump, if that was his audience. 

So, making a public call for Trump to stop this tweeting was meant to inform who.... that Barr will be what .....independent or what?  The Justice Dept?  The public?   I am unsure of what was behind a public statement but something was.  

Why do you folks think this was done publicly? 

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Certainly Barr's statement was meant to be heard by more than Trump though, right?   With a lot less fanfare he could have picked up the phone to tell Trump, if that was his audience. 

So, making a public call for Trump to stop this tweeting was meant to inform who.... that Barr will be what .....independent or what?  The Justice Dept?  The public?   I am unsure of what was behind a public statement but something was.  

Why do you folks think this was done publicly? 

It was done publicly because the morans in the media and the Dems keep stating that Barr is a Trump puppet and that Trump is influencing him, therefore IMPEACH and fire Barr. Normal people would just pick up the phone, but Barr is doing this to shut down the Dems and media (not that it is going to matter, because they have a narrative to maintain).

• Like (+1) 1