The Roger Stone Case

Tiberius

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The NY Bar association has written a letter to Congress and others about this dangerous situation: 

The letter begins:

We write to express our deep concerns about the impartial administration of justice in connection with the prosecution of Roger Stone in federal court in Washington, D.C., and to call for immediate investigations by Congress and by the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General. Recent actions by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, a component of the United States Department of Justice, raise serious questions about whether the Department of Justice is making prosecutorial decisions based not on neutral principles but in order to protect President Trump’s supporters and friends. In our criminal justice system, a single standard must apply to all who are accused or convicted of violating the law — unequal treatment based on political influence is to be deplored in all cases but is especially dangerous if it emanates from the presidency.

Instead, the bar says this appears “from all external circumstances to be an instance of President Trump and Attorney General [William P.] Barr acting in concert to protect Stone from punishment.” 

There is no thinking, breathing person alive who thinks there is a single standard applied when it comes to the law. Certainly, a bunch of NYC attornies do not collectively believe it.  Why would they write this gibberish? 

4 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Ya know, I get mocking the panic.  There is nothing that has happened anywhere near real dictatorship so yuck it up.

The problem as I see it and why the panic is more warranted than you may consider, is because the right dismisses EVERY Trump questionable act as not a big deal.  There is absolutely no evidence that Republicans can or will control Trump's impulses and he is doubtlessly impulsive and vindictive.  If you see any Congressional Republican that will call out Trump if you goes too far, please name him.  Anyone that does is immediately vilified, excommunicated,  and not to be believed. (for example, Mitt)

If you feared that Trump may now start using the Justice Dept to attack his opponents - political, media, and personal - you might understand the concern a bit better.  It is sort of like looking at a runaway truck that is heading downhill and wondering who and how can it be stopped.

IMHO when Trump wins in 2020, you will begin to hear talk of ending 8 yr max. Congress has no limits. Senate has no limits. Supreme Court has no limits so why should 1 branch of government be restricted. Trump, Putin, Kim rule the world.

Just now, Niagara Bill said:

IMHO when Trump wins in 2020, you will begin to hear talk of ending 8 yr max. Congress has no limits. Senate has no limits. Supreme Court has no limits so why should 1 branch of government be restricted. Trump, Putin, Kim rule the world.

Can't happen in four years. It would require a Constitutional amendment passed by 2/3 of the House and Senate, and then ratification by 3/4 of the states, i.e., 38. 

4 hours ago, Cinga said:

I'm reading the Bills might tag Phillips... what do you all think? If I have to make a choice, I keep Shaq over him

I'd be more inclined to pay Shaq and tag Phillips. Shaq's probably more affordable.

I just wonder if Phillips is really as good as his sack total suggests. Hate to let a guy like that go, but I'd like a bigger sample size before giving him a contract with big guarantees.

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

Can't happen in four years. It would require a Constitutional amendment passed by 2/3 of the House and Senate, and then ratification by 3/4 of the states, i.e., 38. 

Trump has managed to ignore the constitution and avoid the law for 4 years so his logic and public support will allow him to fix this injustice. 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Is this really your honest opinion?  Because if you honestly believe this you should seriously look into getting your frontal lobe tested.  I am not kidding.  If your honest opinion sounds like a comic book theme you are either hyperbolic or seriously needing of professional help.

...Barr has this right IMO.......the daily dose of crap from Tweetie is over the top now.....Jesus............

Barr says Trump tweets 'make it impossible to do my job' amid Roger Stone drama

By Gregg Re | Fox News

Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President Trump's tweets "make it impossible for me to do my job," in an unusual swipe at the president, although he emphasized that Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case."

"I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases," Barr said. "I'm not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody ... whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bill-barr-trump-tweets-roger-stone

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Trump has managed to ignore the constitution and avoid the law for 4 years so his logic and public support will allow him to fix this injustice. 

oh wait, are you being serious?  

4 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

The problem as I see it and why the panic is more warranted than you may consider, is because the right dismisses EVERY Trump questionable act as not a big deal.

That only seems that way because the left loses their collective schitt over every single thing Trump does. They're counting ice cream scoops and sniffles, for crying out loud, and insisting America as we know is going to spiral into a doomed, horrific society because of ... (checks notes).... he sniffles a lot!

Maybe get the Q-tibs to quit attacking people for a red hat, or driving vans through their booths, or telling white people to leave a multicultural center because they don't belong there.

Or maybe just get them to STFU for 24 hours. Just STFU.

But they can't. Cuz Q-tibs gotta Q-tibs.

Edited by IDBillzFan

1 hour ago, dubs said:

oh wait, are you being serious?  

These leftists are out of their fvckin minds.

Independents are the important ones in this and most of them see leftists as I just stated.

I just don’t take these leftists seriously AT ALL.

Give me a name leftist posters name in here and I will tell you I just don’t take them seriously.

All of the leftists here are just like Juan Williams, which means just put them on mute before they talk cause they are about to make no sense whatsoever.

Obviously you can’t mute anyone here. ?

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Obviously Trump wants this guy to get off easy. He is putting pressure on everyone he can to get the sentence reduced, or perhaps he is just signaling his base that this is the new fight and when the corrupt pardon comes, as it will, it's ok, so keep up the dirty work going into November. 

Dude why do you bother.

Image result for group of ostriches heads in sand

They can't/don't want to hear you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

That only seems that way because the left loses their collective schitt over every single thing Trump does. They're counting ice cream scoops and sniffles, for crying out loud, and insisting America as we know is going to spiral into a doomed, horrific society because of ... (checks notes).... he sniffles a lot!

Maybe get the Q-tibs to quit attacking people for a red hat, or driving vans through their booths, or telling white people to leave a multicultural center because they don't belong there.

Or maybe just get them to STFU for 24 hours. Just STFU.

But they can't. Cuz Q-tibs gotta Q-tibs.

Trump's morning bowel movement is a threat to democracy!

34 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They can't/don't want to hear you.

Mostly because he's a blithering idiot.

6 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Pffft

You're an idiot.

Blocked. This dude is hopeless.

Edited by 32ABBA

6 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Ugh..Listen ill try once...the only ones trying to change the rules are the democrats.. abolish the electoral college, take away guns, 

pack the supreme court, bill...tibs..gary whoever you are you're a dumb troll.

• Like (+1) 1

Didn’t Obama invoke executive privilege to exonerate Holder?

So, the President weighing in on Stone gets the media’s and Democrats tampons all in a wad and is an impeachable offense?

The left’s hypocrisy Is beyond laughable and you people have been called out.

• Haha (+1) 1