Marquise Goodwins 4th anniversary photo with his wife

Reed83HOF

12 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I was sitting at Hartford Whalers game one time and noticed, couldn't help but notice, that I was surrounded by 10 or 12 stunning young women, mostly blonde, all dressed in flashy clothes.   It dawned on me that I sitting with the players wives and girlfriends.   

That's when it first occurred to me how natural it is for big time male athletes to have hot women.   Both, for somewhat different reasons, are unusually focused on their bodies.   They focus much more on their bodies than ordinary human beings do.   It makes sense that people who are particularly focused on their bodies would come together as couples. 

And if they're unusually focused on their bodies, they look in mirrors a lot, and they take pictures of themselves.   There's nothing more interesting to them than their bodies.    So for them, it's natural to post those pictures - they love to look at them, so why wouldn't their friends?   And, of course, it works for their friends, too.  Who are their friends?  Athletes and hot women.   Collectively, they're a group of people interested in bodies. 

So FWIW, while I think you've got a point, I think across a team, it's more complicated than that.  Some of the team are undoubtedly body-obsessed and go for "stunning" women, perhaps sometime at the expense of other qualities, sometimes in multiples quantities (see McCoy, LeSean aka "Dante" in NFL Confidential).

I had the opportunity to get to know the families of 3 retired professional athletes through the school my daughter attended (daughter friends with their kids).  While I considered the wives attractive and shapely, I'm guessing the (no doubt, uniformly jacked and extraordinarily good looking) Conniosseurs of TBD would deprecate them: "he can do better" "that's a No" "corn through a picket fence" blahblahblah. 

Where these women stood out to me was upstairs.  One of them was a 6-Sigma Black Belt (for those who don't know, that's a high achievement that has nothing to do with martial arts).  Another had 2 masters degrees.  They were smart, they were grounded and down to earth, they had plenty of self-esteem (for good reason),  high family loyalty, and when their husbands were playing, they totally had their backs.  Pilates?  Bulletproof coffee?  Kale shakes? They were "on it".  No whinging to go out and club instead of film and rest.  Two had met their husbands in college.  I never asked, but I'm pretty sure that like 'Zo Alexander credits his wife, the husbands would credit their partners with a lot of their success and longevity as pro athletes.  And these ladies are FIERCE.  I don't think their men be going out on them, not if they wanted to keep what's at home (or possibly keep their parts), uh uh.

The guys who go for body-obsessed hot women (and maybe "road wives") would be one extreme.  The guys who go for whip-smart, supportive wives would be another.  Lots of room in between - Josh Allen's girlfriend clearly spends a lot of time working on her body to look like she does in a bikini, but she's also got a lot of shared background and is part of his family support.  There is a lot of value for these guys in having a partner who will support them with career-prolonging stuff and construct a refuge from the inevitable hate and bad press.  Which is why some of those pro-athletes who can get as many hot women as they want as often as they want, do marry young and go for loyalty instead.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So FWIW, while I think you've got a point, I think across a team, it's more complicated than that.  Some of the team are undoubtedly body-obsessed and go for "stunning" women, perhaps sometime at the expense of other qualities, sometimes in multiples quantities (see McCoy, LeSean aka "Dante" in NFL Confidential).

I had the opportunity to get to know the families of 3 retired professional athletes through the school my daughter attended (daughter friends with their kids).  While I considered the wives attractive and shapely, I'm guessing the (no doubt, uniformly jacked and extraordinarily good looking) Conniosseurs of TBD would deprecate them: "he can do better" "that's a No" "corn through a picket fence" blahblahblah. 

Where these women stood out to me was upstairs.  One of them was a 6-Sigma Black Belt (for those who don't know, that's a high achievement that has nothing to do with martial arts).  Another had 2 masters degrees.  They were smart, they were grounded and down to earth, they had plenty of self-esteem (for good reason),  high family loyalty, and when their husbands were playing, they totally had their backs.  Pilates?  Bulletproof coffee?  Kale shakes? They were "on it".  No whinging to go out and club instead of film and rest.  Two had met their husbands in college.  I never asked, but I'm pretty sure that like 'Zo Alexander credits his wife, the husbands would credit their partners with a lot of their success and longevity as pro athletes.  And these ladies are FIERCE.  I don't think their men be going out on them, not if they wanted to keep what's at home (or possibly keep their parts), uh uh.

The guys who go for body-obsessed hot women (and maybe "road wives") would be one extreme.  The guys who go for whip-smart, supportive wives would be another.  Lots of room in between - Josh Allen's girlfriend clearly spends a lot of time working on her body to look like she does in a bikini, but she's also got a lot of shared background and is part of his family support.  There is a lot of value for these guys in having a partner who will support them with career-prolonging stuff and construct a refuge from the inevitable hate and bad press.  Which is why some of those pro-athletes who can get as many hot women as they want as often as they want, do marry young and go for loyalty instead.

Good points.  Growing as a man sometimes goes slower than it needs to but as long as you are growing that is what matters most.  I was not the sharpest guy when it came to women during high school but I realized before it was done that the best option for me was a girl that really did not have much use for a bra.  Which is to say that I valued her intellect far far more than her cup size.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They might be.  She's a track star (hurdles).  9-time all-American, tried out for 2016 Olympics.

Let me be the first to predict that their kids get picked first at the playground. 

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Congrats! Mrs. 81 & I celebrate the Big 4-0 next month. Well, she won’t actually know.. been institutionalized, drooling, and mumbling the past 25.. But it’s the thought that counts!

On the bright side, look at all you save on flowers! 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I was sitting at Hartford Whalers game one time and noticed, couldn't help but notice, that I was surrounded by 10 or 12 stunning young women, mostly blonde, all dressed in flashy clothes.   It dawned on me that I sitting with the players wives and girlfriends.   

It's nice that they provide a space where a player can bring his wife and his girlfriend.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Irv said:

Who takes a pic like that and posts it?  Hmm.  

Actually, lots of athletes have over the years, from golfers to the NBA 

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Good points.  Growing as a man sometimes goes slower than it needs to but as long as you are growing that is what matters most.  I was not the sharpest guy when it came to women during high school but I realized before it was done that the best option for me was a girl that really did not have much use for a bra.  Which is to say that I valued her intellect far far more than her cup size.

Well.....

.........you can have both.

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well.....

.........you can have both.

Yes, but there was quite a bit more to it in my case.  The more qualifications that a person seeks normally shrinks the pool of candidates to choose from and there is always the possibility of hitting an issue early that may be a relationship ender before you get to what other qualities that they may have.  Easy to say that a person will consider all angles before cutting someone loose but it's another thing to actually practice it.  I would not send a woman packing over her bust size when I was dating as it just was not all that important on the list of things to consider but would have definitely considered it a bonus if a woman was ideal in that department.  

17 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

That's when it first occurred to me how natural it is for big time male athletes to have hot women.   Both, for somewhat different reasons, are unusually focused on their bodies.   They focus much more on their bodies than ordinary human beings do.   It makes sense that people who are particularly focused on their bodies would come together as couples. 

And if they're unusually focused on their bodies, they look in mirrors a lot, and they take pictures of themselves.   There's nothing more interesting to them than their bodies.    So for them, it's natural to post those pictures - they love to look at them, so why wouldn't their friends?   And, of course, it works for their friends, too.  Who are their friends?  Athletes and hot women.   Collectively, they're a group of people interested in bodies.  

and if IIRC, his wife was a major athlete and track star through college as well. and maybe even after, but I'm not sure if there is much to do in track after college outside of the olympics.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks.   Interesting response. 

I don't know that I was saying all the players are as I described, and you understood that.  

I like your points, and it dovetails with something I've been saying about players for a long time, which is that many of them are smarter than some posters give them credit for.  The smart ones are smart at football and often smart at other life skills, including picking a mate.  

Still, good looking women seem to be found disproportionately among jocks, money and power.  Just the way it is. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, boater said:

Poor woman has a serious Cesarean birth scar and people are up in arms?

Though I have to admit that's more skin than friends should see, from both of them.

I was gonna say, that's a serious stripper scar on her belly.

Maybe I need to start going to classier strip joints.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks.   Interesting response. 

I don't know that I was saying all the players are as I described, and you understood that.  

I like your points, and it dovetails with something I've been saying about players for a long time, which is that many of them are smarter than some posters give them credit for.  The smart ones are smart at football and often smart at other life skills, including picking a mate.  

Still, good looking women seem to be found disproportionately among jocks, money and power.  Just the way it is. 

And you're surprised by this?     

8 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Pretty much people that I could live without.  I recall a woman who used to catch rides with me to and from college many years ago. She was very proud of her looks.  I can only imagine the personal hell that she is in as she has aged and no longer has the look of being 19 years old.  I doubt that she has weight issues but there is no way to maintain that soft youthful look in the face indefinitely.  

7 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

You would be surprised at what goes on if hot women are comfortable around you or do not perceive you as a threat.  Shirts sliding off and bras getting vigorously adjusted.  But your right in that you have to employ the old Seinfeld stance of get a sense of it then look elsewhere.  

6 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Yes, but there was quite a bit more to it in my case.  The more qualifications that a person seeks normally shrinks the pool of candidates to choose from and there is always the possibility of hitting an issue early that may be a relationship ender before you get to what other qualities that they may have.  Easy to say that a person will consider all angles before cutting someone loose but it's another thing to actually practice it.  I would not send a woman packing over her bust size when I was dating as it just was not all that important on the list of things to consider but would have definitely considered it a bonus if a woman was ideal in that department.  

I'm the sure the woman who didn't consider you sexually viable enough to give a f@#$ that she was stripping in front of you values your pity.  Seriously, are you roasting yourself?  This reads like self-flagellation.  

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

And you're surprised by this?     

I'm the sure the woman who didn't consider you sexually viable enough to give a f@#$ that she was stripping in front of you values your pity.  Seriously, are you roasting yourself?  This reads like self-flagellation.  

Get with the program bro, this is next level humblebrag...tldr the dude hangs out with hot women who 'vigorously adjust' themselves

1 hour ago, boater said:

Poor woman has a serious Cesarean birth scar and people are up in arms?

Though I have to admit that's more skin than friends should see, from both of them.

My wife had two C-sections, and that is not AT ALL what the scar looks like. It’s not even going in the right direction, much less the size or location. I don’t know what that is, but I’m very happy for both of them. 

• Like (+1) 2