Build Your Bills Dream Team From Non Play off Years 2000 to 2017 Drought !

T master

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

& Nsecke & Hughes made the playoffs

Kyle Williams made the playoffs

R. Brown made the playoffs

Eric Wood made the playoffs

Shady made the playoffs

Pat Williams made the playoffs

Moulds made the playoffs

Schultz was in the playoffs

I'm fairly certain S. Christie at least had 1 kick in the playoffs - unless I am forgetting

Christie was in the SuperBowl and still holds the record for longest SuperBowl FG at 54 yards

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This is hard for those not starting a playoff game for the Bills so.......

Offense - QB - 2002 Bledsoe    RB - Lynch, Jackson   WR - Evans, Stevie J, TO    TE - Chandler  LT - Peters  LG - Levitre   C - Teague (sigh)   RG - Urbik (yuck)   RT - Glenn (I'm moving him to RT - didn't play against Jags in playoffs)

Defense - DE - Williams, Schobel    DT - Dareus, Adams    LB - Spikes, Fletcher, Bradham      CB - McGee, Clements  S - Byrd, A. Williams (you could make the case for Milloy)

P - Moorman

K - Carpenter

KR - McGee

PR - Parrish

I'm sure I missed a few in there.

This is excellent work. Very nicely done.  I would put Milloy over Williams as a true SS.  Maybe add Sam Gash as a FB?

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This is excellent work. Very nicely done.  I would put Milloy over Williams as a true SS.  Maybe add Sam Gash as a FB?

Thanks.  Center was the one I struggled with the most just remembering who we had.  Williams had that four pick season at safety that stuck out in my mind but you're pry right that Milloy was better overall in his three years here.  I forgot about fullback but Gash played in a playoff game for us.  So, it's down between Larry Centers and Jerome Felton.  I'd go with Centers even though he was only here a year.

10 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Why would you include players who made the playoffs with the team, but then were with the team and the roster churning that started the drought? It makes no sense and is generally pointless. They are still playoff players

11 hours ago, T master said:

Your right sorry my bad !! Just couldn't think of a good RG ... For that matter Nsecke too ?

From 2000 to 2017 ?? You didn't read the post .

Your thread title is ambiguous.

Taking your challenge literally, we can make a HOF roster from players who missed the playoffs at some time in their Bills career.

DE: B. Smith, R. McDole

DT: T. Sestak, T. Washington

LB: C. Bennett, M. Stratton, H. Jacobs, D. Talley

CB: R. James, G.’Butch’ Byrd

S: G. Saimes, T. Greene

C K. Hull

G: B. Shaw, J. Delamiellure

T: W. Wilford, H. Ballard

TE: E. Warlick 

WR: E. Dubenion, A. Reed

RB: OJ Simpson, T.Thomas

QB: J. Kelly

P: P. McQuire

PK: P. Gogalak

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, T master said:

Okay i thought we could have some fun in trying to put together a Bills dream team but it can only be players that were on a Bills roster in the none play off years so the roster from the yr 2000 season through 2017 .

The Bills during the lean yrs had a ton of really good players of which a lot went on to play for other franchise & do very well,  some even won a SB or 2 after leaving the Bills but keep your dream team to players that would be on the offensive side, Defensive side, & ST's, players that would be your on field dream team during the coarse of a game not the full 53 man roster .

I'll start so you all can mock me & that will give you all a idea what i'm talking about ... Also this is each players best season with the Bills .

OL - Jason Peters LT - Ruben Brown LG - E. Woods C -  RG - Incognito  RT - Langston Walker 

RB - M. Lynch - L. McCoy - Sam Gash FB 

WR - E. Moulds - R. Woods - L. Evans - S. Johnson - Goodwin ?

TE - J. Riemersma - Scott Chandler ?

QB - Fitz - 2012 

DL - Mario - Sam Adams - Pat Williams - Hughes/Schobel  - Kyle Williams needs to be in here some where .

LB - Poz - L. Fletcher - T. Spikes - Kawika Mitchell - I know these aren't to their respective position on the field but there were so many good LB's the Bills have had i could only think of these 4 to possibly field - remember this is for fun only !!

CB - Gilmore - T. McGee - Nate Clements - 

SS - Schultz - FS - J. Byrd 

Kickers - B. Mormon - S. Christie 

Well i hope this gives you kind of a idea what i'm talking about ? I think this would be a pretty stout team to put on the field if they had all played at the same time . Sure there are probably some that i have forgotten about but i'm sure you all will tell me exactly where I goofed up & who i forgot to put in there but try & have some fun with it !!

After all it is the off season & we need something to keep us busy ...

Well Allen was on a non playoff team ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, T master said:

RT - Langston Walker

TE - J. Riemersma -

WOW!!!!!

Langston Walker was as bad as it gets. The only reason I have seen worse blockers in the NFL is because I'm a Bills fan. Walker couldn't get out of his stance until rushers were already by him. He was awful in run blocking and his lack of balance caused him to get tipped over by defenders at times.

Other than the above he was fairly decent.

Riemersma was a slow possession type receiver with bad hands. I have seen other posts throughout the years claiming that he was good and could never understand why.

Believe it or not, Jonas Jennings was a fine RT for the Bills. Naturally they let him walk in free agency but iirc, he left for the 49ers (for a big contract) and didn't play well. I don't remember whether or not it was due to injury.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Believe it or not, Jonas Jennings was a fine RT for the Bills. Naturally they let him walk in free agency but iirc, he left for the 49ers (for a big contract) and didn't play well. I don't remember whether or not it was due to injury.

On October 4, 2007 Jonas Jennings took a leave of absence from the San Francisco 49ers to deal with 'private matters'. He was replaced by Adam Snyder for the week 5 game against the Baltimore Ravens. It was announced the week after that he will rejoin the team as the starter at LT, but during the next game against the New York Giants he split time with his backup Adam Snyder.

Jennings sustained a high ankle sprain in the second quarter of the 49ers' loss to the Giants on October 21 and missed the subsequent two games. On November 5 he was placed on Injured Reserve; coach Mike Nolan stated that Jennings was to undergo surgery to remove "loose bodies" in his ankle, effectively ending his 2007-2008 season.

The 49ers brought Jennings back for the 2008 NFL season but did not guarantee him a starting position. During the 2008 season Jennings continued his injury-stricken career as a 49er when he injured his right shoulder. Although he insisted on remaining on the sideline as an emergency backup, ultimately he was placed on injured reserve to undergo his 3rd shoulder surgery.

Jennings was released by the 49ers on March 27, 2009.[2][3]

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Just when I thought you'd never be able to top how foolish you made yourself look from your last thread with your paragraph about younger generations... You go and give us this gem of a thread. Congrats! ?

@T master, I came back here this morning to say this probably came off much harsher than I meant due to hastily posting from mobile so my bad. But your meltdown on my profile is so hilarious that I'm going to stand by my original post. I still love you tho. Go Bills.

19 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

& Nsecke & Hughes made the playoffs

Kyle Williams made the playoffs

R. Brown made the playoffs

Eric Wood made the playoffs

Shady made the playoffs

Pat Williams made the playoffs

Moulds made the playoffs

Schultz was in the playoffs

I'm fairly certain S. Christie at least had 1 kick in the playoffs - unless I am forgetting

Christie had or has the longest FG in Super Bowl history, heck he got the game winner in the Comeback game so yes, he was in the playoffs. 

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Larry Centers was probably the best fullback we've ever had and he was only here for a year. 

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This is hard for those not starting a playoff game for the Bills so.......

Offense - QB - 2002 Bledsoe    RB - Lynch, Jackson   WR - Evans, Stevie J, TO    TE - Chandler  LT - Peters  LG - Levitre   C - Teague (sigh)   RG - Urbik (yuck)   RT - Glenn (I'm moving him to RT - didn't play against Jags in playoffs)

Defense - DE - Williams, Schobel    DT - Dareus, Adams    LB - Spikes, Fletcher, Bradham      CB - McGee, Clements  S - Byrd, A. Williams (you could make the case for Milloy)

P - Moorman

K - Carpenter

KR - McGee

PR - Parrish

I'm sure I missed a few in there.

Nice work here!!