ESPN players in need of fresh start list

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28640475/32-nfl-players-use-fresh-start-offseason-qbs-injured-stars#BUF

Three interesting tight ends on this list. I loved OJ Howard as a draft prospect. David Njoku and Eric Ebron are interesting too. If these guys have truly fallen out of favor I would give a 3rd round pick for Howard or Njoku to pair with Knox and then let Kroft go. Ebron has never lived up to the hype so I would pass on him.

A few guards on the list are intriguing too. I'd be fine if Spain was signed. However if he walks and they want to keep Ford at RT, Peat and Glasgow look like decent options to target. 

And then there is QB. I'd probably stand pat with Barkley, but noone really knows how he has looked in practice. The Jets game was unfair as it was our number 2s against their number 1s. That said I would not mind bringing in Marriota on a one or two year deal. I don't think he will get signed to be a starter anywhere and his skill set is similar to Allen. This means the offense doesn't change much if Allen missed some time. I'd pass on Dalton.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

5th round pick or lower for Howard. 

Otherwise there are TE's to be had in FA or in the draft to go along with Knox.

The Bills will buy low in the trade market for TE's.

You think that is his worth? I think Tampa could get higher than a 5th for Howard.

Or that Bill's TE situation is good enough to not invest more than a 5th? That may be a reasonable argument.  Knox and Kroft may be enough at TE for 2020.

53 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You think that is his worth? I think Tampa could get higher than a 5th for Howard.

Or that Bill's TE situation is good enough to not invest more than a 5th? That may be a reasonable argument.  Knox and Kroft may be enough at TE for 2020.

He didn't do anything last year. I bet they would want a 2nd but don't think anything higher than a late 3rd would be traded for him.

Josh Jackson would be a low risk, high reward type of trade. He was a second round pick and was mocked here quite a bit. I could see him fitting in more with McD's defense over a Pettine type. This is exactly the type of player that this regime seemingly targets and does well with: players drafted high, may be in a wrong situation, and find a way to utilize their talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

Great topic.  

I'd only want a TE if we miss out on Hunter or Hooper, who are likely the top TE and WR targets in FA, IMO.  

I would like Mariota as a backup.  As another poster said, he has a similar skillset to Allen.  

CB's Jones (PHL) and Jackson (GB) look like good low-priced, high-upside guys.  

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

5th round pick or lower for Howard. 

Otherwise there are TE's to be had in FA or in the draft to go along with Knox.

The Bills will buy low in the trade market for TE's.

Arians doesn't use TE much historically. Horrible fit for Howard. He would be fantastic for a 2nd or 3rd.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope Scherff is our top target. I'd love both Scherff and Thuney!

I'd also like Byron Jones opposite T White until there is a bumper crop of CB's in some draft class. We need a slot corner too.

Ngakoue is an adequate replacement for Murphy, but not a game changer.

At RB, C Hyde would be a nice fit as DS's backup. Maybe Matt Breida for speed?

We should at least sign an average WR before the draft since Foster, Williams, Roberts and Thompson are all well below average as WR's.

I think Olsen can still play at a high level if we can't sign someone younger.

I think Lo's replacement can be found on day 2 of the draft. Jennings from Bama or is he too big? He's accumuated some nice numbers in college.

Edited by GreggTX

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What does this comment mean?  Is he cowardly? Not have a brain? Not have a heart? Does he like to wear women's shoes?  Or does he melt in the rain?  

Total package entails all of the above. I, too, would pass. Not sure I’d sign him if he was on the street, left alone trade for him.

Jameis Winston Undergoes Lasik Eye Surgery After Throwing 30 INT in 2019

Tampa Bay head coach Bruce Arians even joked about the quarterback's vision during his year-end press conference. 

"He can’t read the scoreboard but he can see the guys in front of him," Arians said. "So he's alright."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876013-jameis-winston-undergoes-lasik-eye-surgery-after-throwing-30-int-in-2019?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Total package entails all of the above. I, too, would pass. Not sure I’d sign him if he was on the street, left alone trade for him.

Was Jordan Poyer the total package at Cleveland? Sometimes players don't fit the system they're in but can be game-changers  elsewhere. He will be good somewhere.

19 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Najoku is an absolute yes for me.....the kid is a beast

Njoku was in Kitchens’ doghouse last season, but Stefanski ran a ton of multiple TE packages in Minny.  I just don’t see him getting rid of the best TE on the roster unless he finds an upgrade.  Even then he might keep him.  Njoku is a physical freak, but is still not much of a blocker.  Definitely a TE that’s home is in the slot.  But he can do real damage from there. 

Edited by BarleyNY