Would you give our 2020 1st rd pick to the Lions for Kenny Golliday?

Tipster19

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This is a WR rich draft.

Why give up draft choices when you can draft 2-4 WR's in this draft alone and let them develop with Allen?

Give up a 1st round pick AND pay Golliday? Beyond stupid.

Because one is proven, while the other 2-4 aren't and would need time to develop into what the other one already is, and they would have to develop along with a QB that still needs to develop himself......

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Why are you worried about things 3-4 years down the road? 

Whats more important a Super Bowl victory or cap space?

Last time we valued a super bowl victory over future cap space, we went 8-8 and 7-9 and we’re left in cap hell that set the franchise back 2 years and took 3 years to fully clean up. 

Super bowls are nice and the ultimate goal, but we have a staff that’s valuing sustainability and success at the same time.  They’re showing you can do both by keeping the long-term cap space in the plans, let’s get on board as fans instead of writing it off. 

Do we want to look like the Rams, fall just short in one year and then completely come apart after, or the Patriots who get it done year in and year out? 

I dont know about you, but I think one of these are a clear and obvious choice. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills are building a team that can win consistently for years to come, not throwing everything in for a single year that might or might not work out, only to watch the team dissolve.

• Like (+1) 3

Golloday is a legit top 10 receiver in the league who has not peaked yet. 
I would be thrilled to get him for a first. 
That said, Detroit is going to extend him and this is all just for fun. He’s the best player on their whole team. They have the money to extend Slay and Golloday. 

I bet not too many would have objected too loudly when Antonio Brown was once a remote possibility and that guy was demanding ALL the money. Is it inconceivable of working out a contract with Golliday BEFORE you finalize the trade? It happens all the time, I just don’t get some of the people’s thinking around here. It’s called doing your due diligence and as far as I can tell Beane is pretty good at it. 

Another aspect that I like about Golliday is that he would be coming from playing with a big arm QB to another big arm QB in Josh Allen. If the Lions would do it then this would be a no brained.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I bet not too many would have objected too loudly when Antonio Brown was once a remote possibility and that guy was demanding ALL the money.

That guy was also traded for a 3rd and 5th round pick, not a 1st rounder. 

EDIT: That guy was also consistently a top 3 player at his position and probably a first ballot hall of famer if he didn’t tear his career apart this past year, 2 completely different levels of talent. 

Edited by elijah
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, elijah said:

Last time we valued a super bowl victory over future cap space, we went 8-8 and 7-9 and we’re left in cap hell that set the franchise back 2 years and took 3 years to fully clean up. 

Super bowls are nice and the ultimate goal, but we have a staff that’s valuing sustainability and success at the same time.  They’re showing you can do both by keeping the long-term cap space in the plans, let’s get on board as fans instead of writing it off. 

Do we want to look like the Rams, fall just short in one year and then completely come apart after, or the Patriots who get it done year in and year out? 

I dont know about you, but I think one of these are a clear and obvious choice. 

The reason for the Patriots success (other then cheating) has been having one of the greatest HCs in the game to go with possibly the greatest QB to play the game who was willing to play on cheaper deals to keep the cap hits down. They also were able to get big name FAs to sign cheaper there because they gave them the best chance at a SB win. It really helps when your able to get some of the best players come to you on affordable deals instead of having to grossly overpay mediocre guys to play for you.

Also let's not go too overboard with the Bills way of doing things yet, so far it's gotten them a 'one and done' playoff appearance in a weak year......

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

All these - we dont have the cap space, what about player xyz, build via the draft talkers must just love mediocrity. Lets do our best to just keep our own and maintain a decent team. We can have some excitement bouncing around from 6-10 to 10-6. Good times. 

This is the NFL. Teams can get out of deals so easily and manipulate the cap and rosters. You have to go all in when you think you have a window to win. If the Bills are not at that point yet then they are in trouble. The next 3-4 years they have a shot to be good. You worry about that now and adjust as needed when you need to. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Because one is proven, while the other 2-4 aren't and would need time to develop into what the other one already is, and they would have to develop along with a QB that still needs to develop himself......

Money is going to be needed to invest elsewhere.

WR's can develop quicker in today's NFL and I am fine with drafting WR's from this draft. These kids are talented enough to contribute RIGHT AWAY.

16 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The Bills are building a team that can win consistently for years to come, not throwing everything in for a single year that might or might not work out, only to watch the team dissolve.

Why do people look at obtaining a 25-26 year old proven player as a one year thing? If the Bills can sign any elite player in his prime that is for the long term. We have the money to do both. Supplement this roster with more elite talent, keep our own and draft for the future. It is possible to do it all with the current state of our roster. 

• Like (+1) 1