Would you give our 2020 1st rd pick to the Lions for Kenny Golliday?

Tipster19

I would, the guy could be the offensive game changer that the Bills are looking for. He’s entering his last year of his rookie contract and the Lions will have to make a decision on him sooner or later. Being a Belichick disciple I would think that Patricia isn’t looking to lock up a ton of money on a WR. Pay him now and they might just be willing to give him up. The guy has been in the league and is ready to ball.

Yes. In a heartbeat. 

Oh wait, he’s on the last year of his deal?   

Then maybe a 2nd. I don’t believe in giving up high picks and then also having to give out a huge contract.  

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, elijah said:

No. 

Draft offers more youth, some players seemingly with more talent, and a lot less money. 

The first round pick for X questions just don’t make much sense, especially with the WR depth this year. 

Golliday is better than anyone in this draft and it’s not even close.  He’s the speed, big bodied guy everyone says we need 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Why are you concerned about money? 

Edmunds, Milano, Dawkins, Josh, Tre, Poyer, etc. are all guys that are going to need to get paid soon. Adding Golladay to the list doesn’t help, he expires after this season. 

The cap space is nice right now but it doesn’t last forever.  We have a young core with most of our important players on their rookie contracts, these rookie contracts don’t last forever.  Give me a number one who we have cost controlled for 4 years, not a number one with one year left and a $15M+ contract coming. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, elijah said:

No. 

Draft offers more youth, some players seemingly with more talent, and a lot less money. 

The first round pick for X questions just don’t make much sense, especially with the WR depth this year. 

But draft also doesn't guarantee Pro level success. Golliday has already proven he can play in the league at a high level, the players in the draft have not.

As for your list in the other post, only Tre is in line for a Big deal soon, the rest haven't done anything yet to deserve deals that could break the bank, even Josh hasn't hit that level yet. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, elijah said:

No. 

I don’t know how much more talented some of these draft wrs are than KG.  He’s really good and he’s proven.  Especially given the way this staff has drafted at wr.

but you’re dead on about the money.  He is going to get paid big real soon. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Golliday is better than anyone in this draft and it’s not even close.  He’s the speed, big bodied guy everyone says we need 

He’s more known. Not necessarily better... he was a third round pick himself, which kinda proves the craziness of WR drafting.

I wouldn’t trade a 1st straight up as this is such a good class. Maybe a 1 for him and a 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I would, the guy could be the offensive game changer that the Bills are looking for. He’s entering his last year of his rookie contract and the Lions will have to make a decision on him sooner or later. Being a Belichick disciple I would think that Patricia isn’t looking to lock up a ton of money on a WR. Pay him now and they might just be willing to give him up. The guy has been in the league and is ready to ball.

Nope Will cost a nice new Contract on top of the 1st.  You say 2nd and I would be on board

32 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Being a coach with a 9-22 record in 2 years, who was brought in to take a 2x 9-7 team to the next level, I would think that " WWBelichick do?" on a perennially championship winning roster, is probably the last thing on Patricia's mind.  When you take over a 9-7 team with its "franchise boy" QB in place and a recent playoff appearance, 6-10 then 3-12 are not expected to be on the menu.  He has to be feeling the seat-heater warming up in his chair. 

That being the case, what exactly would be Patricia's motivation to move the Lions best WR of the last 2 seasons, who will be dirt-cheap for 1 more year?

I mean, sure, if he were available for that I'd take him.  But why would he be available?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1