Why the Bills should consider giving Tre'Davious White an extension now

It's pretty clear they absolutely are considering it. Beane says as much in the article.

I hope they do it this year. This large amount of cap freedom they have this year and the need to get Dawkins, White and Milano on board make this a good time to do so. But it'll come down to details and negotiations, as usual.

12 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It's pretty clear they absolutely are considering it. Beane says as much in the article.

I hope they do it this year. This large amount of cap freedom they have this year and the need to get Dawkins, White and Milano on board make this a good time to do so. But it'll come down to details and negotiations, as usual.

Milano ?. If he gets anything beyond a midlevel deal they are nuts. He is inconsistent and his injury history isn’t great. 

21 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Milano ?. If he gets anything beyond a midlevel deal they are nuts. He is inconsistent and his injury history isn’t great. 

Yeah, OK, dude. This defense is quite a bit better with Milano out there. He's not going to get huge money, but expect him to get a very nice deal indeed.

18 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I haven’t followed closely, but everything I’ve seen is that players like Mahomes are better off waiting as the new CBA is expected to create much larger contracts.  

Just an observation (especially with the stadium cost talks), maybe it's time the the players and owners address chipping in to help fund

where they work.  5 million each in concessions from the owners and players per team per year would go a long way in assuring teams

could foot a large part of the bill.

32 teams placing 10 million a year into a stadium fund is 320M per year.  Adding 1 million (10% of average 10 million cap increase) will quickly

bring that number even higher.

The league should be funding new stadiums by at least 50% IMO.

FWIW

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

So now Milano is the next guy in line to kick?  

Do you know how fat I got by eating Milano cookies every time I heard his name being called?  

a5d48e50-373e-4bde-b32c-9b6860a7d895_1.6

To kick? No. He isn’t a guy I’d mention in the same sentence as White and Allen when it comes to looming contracts. 

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

To kick? No. He isn’t a guy I’d mention in the same sentence as White and Allen when it comes to looming contracts. 

lol. That’s not what I was saying.  

I've seen plenty of ridicule against Milano - not saying you did.  

if he continues to improve and play well then he should be retained. 

Josh also has to continue to improve and play well

Tre is da man

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Just an observation (especially with the stadium cost talks), maybe it's time the the players and owners address chipping in to help fund

where they work.  5 million each in concessions from the owners and players per team per year would go a long way in assuring teams

could foot a large part of the bill.

32 teams placing 10 million a year into a stadium fund is 320M per year.  Adding 1 million (10% of average 10 million cap increase) will quickly

bring that number even higher.

The league should be funding new stadiums by at least 50% IMO.

FWIW

Prior to 1999 in the modern era there were 13 stadiums built with an average of around 26% from private funding and 74% public funding. During the NFL's G3 program (in which the league matches team owner money with a "loan" that is repaid through premium seats, PSLs etc) from 1999-2010, there were 12 stadiums built that averaged 59% private funding and 41% public. 

In 2011 G3 was escalated to G4, allowing more money to be loaned to teams for stadiums while also applying some of that money as a credit from the NFLPA before computing the salary cap each year (meaning the players kick in a little too).

Basically, they've been doing what you're suggesting for over 20 years now.

https://www.greenberglawoffice.com/nfl-credit-facility-has-made-possible-new-state-of-the-art-stadiums/

PS - this is also the reason a few years ago the league was pressuring the Bills to take "their turn" in building a new stadium. They wanted to take advantage of increasing revenue and value by loaning themselves money instead of giving it to the players. And in the last couple years the league backed off since there wasn't time to put together a new stadium with financing plans before the end of the CBA, so they wouldn't be able to use G4. Now the latest from Roger is the league "needs to know" the Bills plan for a stadium in the near future. Those plans, along with any other teams stadium plans, will help shape whatever incarnation of the G3 or G4 program they will have in place through the next CBA.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/12/2020 at 11:03 AM, Philo said:

You just know there will be a bunch of posts criticizing him and the contract after his first poor play of 2020

Yup, and we can already say who those TSW members are... ?

Do your deal Mr Beane, 

Go Bills!!!

4 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

I personally get the vibe that tre isnt going to want to stay in Buffalo... but we'll see.

Really? May I ask why you say that?

I don't get that vibe AT ALL, and I expect Tre White to be the face of the Buffalo defense for the forseeable future.

On 2/12/2020 at 2:17 PM, BarleyNY said:

I’d love to get it done now, but doesn’t the 30% rule that’s in effect due to the CBA expiring pretty much eliminate the ability to do it?

It does in a way that maintains any cost control at all for 2020. Which to me makes it a bad idea. If the new CBA is agreed absolutely you do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

He has done everything right - plays at an elite level, team player, gives all of his effort on every down, doesn't get hurt, doesn't do stupid stuff off the field, doesn't tweet about how he's underpaid...... If there is a player to sign to a big deal, it's him.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:05 PM, Logic said:

Really? May I ask why you say that?

I don't get that vibe AT ALL, and I expect Tre White to be the face of the Buffalo defense for the forseeable future.

He is obsessed with Lousiana to the point he still acts like he plays for his college team and he tweets stupid stuff like "so much ungratefulness I know what I got to do now, bet".

His "trainer" has also been quoted saying things like he wants to be "recognized as great" and its hard to "get that recognition on a team like Buffalo".

Check his twitter profile sometime he doesnt even rep bills colors on it.

Another good one he tweeted recently is that his LSU college coach is "the best coach he ever had". 

I mean honestly its whatever but I just get that vibe he is deuces

Edited by BillsFan692