So where will Brady go?

GregPersons

So where will Brady go?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Where is Brady playing next season?

• He'll stay in New England
    • He's going elsewhere (call it)

33 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If they don't resign Brady then they will bring in a stop gap for a year or two (Dalton who will be looking to start somewhere is an option) but they will definitely be looking at QB's in the draft. Same goes for NO if Bridgewater leaves. Pitt has to after their season crashed and burned without Ben and he is nearing the end anyway. Burrow will be a Bengal and Tua most likely goes to the fish. I don't know if this is a really strong draft for QB's overall. I hope not because I don't want NE to find their next potential franchise QB. I could see NE taking a chance on Josh Rosen if he is available. His career has gotten off to a rocky start but Bill is the type of coach who could put him in a situation to succeed.

Pray, they are that stupid.

I think Kraft is betting that nobody else will open the checkbook for Brady

OR

Bill WANTS Brady to walk but the Patriots want to look like they did everything they could to keep him WITHOUT making it seem like Brady turned his back on the team and fans.

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Yup.

If he hadn't picked our defense apart in Week 16, we would have had a home playoff game this year.

Over the years the Jets and Dolphins have beaten NE here and there, whereas for the Bills it seems impossible.

2 reasons:

1) Our offenses never score enough points. We try to beat NE 15-12, which means all Brady needs is one drive for a TD or one timely flag, whereas out defense has to be 100% perfect all game to win that type of game.

2) Our defense is back loaded, with secondary playmakers. To beat NE you need a pass rush without blitzing. 

A large part of me wants Brady to walk and have a gratification of a tangible end of this tormenting era.  

However, I think the best thing from a Bills standpoint is if he strong-arms Kraft into giving him a 2-4 year deal with a large bucket of guaranteed money.  This will lock up their cap, lock them into an old and 'unathletic' QB, and very possibly will alienate belichick, who is probably the real reason for the dynasty.

Brady walks, and I can picture Belichick getting better results out of someone like Bridgewater, or getting through to Rosen on the cheating system, or finding the next Lamar Jackson, etc.

Also, arent the Patriots subject to a pretty big extra cap hit of $7 Million if Brady gets to March 18th, and they sign him anyways?

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I initially thought he'd actually leave. 

The more time I have to ponder it, the more I think he's just using the threat of leaving to force New England to give him what he wants: More money and better targets.

As gross as it is, I think he'll be a Patriot next year, they'll be much improved on offense, and will be Super Bowl contenders again. Ugh.

I keep hearing this but how do you propose they do this.  They are I believe $40 + million under the salary cap.  if they give Brady the $30 million he is looking for that takes up a big chunk.  + they have like 9 or 10 unrestricted FAs.  They may keep Brady but I doubt Bill wants to keep him.  He knows he is shot & he knows he is not worth the money.  Kraft on the other hand, has his head too far up Brady's ass to see clearly.  

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Are you sure Gruden has had enough time with NPeterman?

Gruden moves past QBs than Bills fans, that said I think Vegas is the last destination that be on Brady's list. To me the Chargers have the surrounding cast that he'd like and being in his home state of California doesn't hurt. That said not sure Kraft wants to lose him so he might stay in New England if the moneys equal. 

8 hours ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Ultimately, just don't see him leaving NE as much as I would love to see him out of our division. He will finish his career as a Patriot.

Except him being able to test the market may not go well. I’m sure there is a GM out there that thinks they are a QB away that tosses a 60 or 70 mil 2 year his way. 

I think the smartest place to go outside of NE is Indy. Indoors, with Hilton and Mack, one of the best Offensive lines in the NFL, Reich as the HC and a metric poon ton of money to spend on another WR / TE and Defensive players while in a city that eats and breathes football. It has the money, talent, coaches, stadium and location a QB of his age and career stage could want. It also allows Indy to be good while Drafting a QB and giving them a year or two to learn behind arguably the NFL's greatest QB of all time. Makes so much sense and due to the Cap situation, they can pay him as he demands. 

While I don't necessarily subscribe any greater significance to the analysis of Colin as compared with the next talking head in line, I did find some of his reasoning/points as to why Brady to Dallas would make sense for all sides interesting--which on a side note, if that unlikely event were to occur, would mean that both of NE's starting QB's since 1993 would've ended their careers as Cowboys, FWIW...

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video

5 hours ago, Badanswer said:

John Elway could possibly make a play for Brady. The Broncos QB position has been a mess for a decade and John could bring in Brady to mentor a few QB's over the next couple years. Peyton Manning was no spring chicken and Elway took a shot on him. Just my 2 cents :)

I don't necessarily disagree with you as to Elway's interest--he's a proven snagger of old QB talent :), but I find the notion of Brady being open to going anywhere and becoming a mentor highly unlikely--much like Favre or Big Ben not giving two hoots about that type of a role even late in their careers would similar mindsets. If rumors are to be believed, Brady had as much a hand in Jimmy G's departure as anyone else (Kraft) at the time.  

• Like (+1) 1