PFF Baker is still better than Allen & Tre isn't in their top 101 players

Reed83HOF

15 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Mayfield has better advanced metrics than Allen.  DYAR, DVOA and QBR are all in Mayfield’s favor.  That’s what PFF uses so it makes sense that they have him in front of Allen.  But I’m not sure how Tre doesn’t rate better.  I know they said he just missed the cutoff for the top 100, but I don’t see how he didn’t make it comfortably.  Perhaps there is something important that they aren’t factoring into their ratings. 

Yes—performance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TheProcess said:

Allen’s not perfect. We know this. But that is pure click-bait crap. Highest level of trolling. Sadly, it works. Just look at his replies. 

Eh.  As someone upthread said, they base their QB rankings on their "special secret sauce" statistics  - DVOA and DYAR are PFF's brand I think.  So it makes sense they would favor a guy who is better in those statistics, which Allen is not.  We had a mediocre offense this year and so did the Browns, so yapping about whether Mayfield or Allen was worse is to some extent arguing about the deck-chair arrangements on the Titanic.

The problem is when they have a guy like Tre' White who is not just a probowler, but a first-team All Pro and a critical player on the #2 offense for points, #3 for yards - and they rank him so low.  Let's reiterate that: by the two main criteria that matter, points given up and yards given up, the Bills D is elite, and Tre' Day is one of the star players who make it so - yet he doesn't crack their 100 top players list. 

What that says to me is that the "special secret sauce" statistics by which they determine that are flawed and living in a Falling Credibility Zone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I honestly don't understand why anyone cares about PFF. We all saw the improvement from Allen ourselves. And you'd have to be blind to not realize Baker went down hill this year. As for Tre... Maybe we can sign him cheaper now that we know he isn't a top corner. ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Posting obligatory “I stopped reading at PFF.”

How can anyone take PFF seriously? And why do people pay for access to these er, hot takes?

I don’t know why people care about this stuff.

It’s just opinions and everyone has them, just like they have as.s.......... never mind.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Wonder if he knows Cian Fahey?

The honorable society of king's inns - wonder if he really means this:

https://kingsinnsandiego.com/

or this place

https://twitter.com/kingsinnpremier

His girl needs to become friends with Mrs. Poyer

Edit: Also do not let @Gugny see this - too mature for his eyes

I'll be back in 5-7 minutes.

• Haha (+1) 1