2020 mock drafts/ fanspeak/ draft network

3 hours ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Round 1
OT  MEKHI BECTON - LOUISVILLE

Highest ranking player on board (ranked 15th) - I do feel like WR is deep and the listing below is the order that the considered players came up (Anae is ranked 37th for reference) and I felt a bit of a reach for late-mid round 1. Massive Mauler for RT or either G spot - dudes just impressive

Considered:
EDGE K'LAVON CHAISSON (Taken in Simulation)
EDGE A.J. EPENESA (Taken in Simulation)
EDGE YETUR GROSS-MATOS (Taken in Simulation)
WR  TEE HIGGINS - CLEMSON
LB  PATRICK QUEEN - LSU
S  XAIVER MCKINNEY - ALABAMA
RB  D'ANDRE SWIFT - GEORGIA
CB  KRISTIAN FULTON - LSU
WR  LAVISKA SHENAULT JR. - COLORADO
WR  JUSTIN JEFFERSON - LSU
RB  J.K. DOBBINS - OHIO STATE
EDGE  ZACK BAUN - WISCONSIN
EDGE  BRADLEE ANAE - UTAH

-----
Round 2
WR  DENZEL MIMS - BAYLOR

There was a run on WRs and I didn't want to lose out on a chance at one of the taller WRs. Honestly I'd have been fine with any of the WRs listed in this grouping. I REALLY had to hold back and not draft Taylor(RB) and try to wait for either the chance at what appears to be a tier 3 WR. 

* I get the feeling we are moving up in Round 2 and Round 3 this year or moving to double up in one of these rounds, possibly even in round 4

Considered:
WR BRANDON AIYUK (Taken in Simulation)
WR  MICHAEL PITTMAN JR. - USC
DL  JUSTIN MADUBUIKE - TEXAS A&M
RB  JONATHAN TAYLOR - WISCONSIN
G  JOHN SIMPSON - CLEMSON
DL  JORDAN ELLIOTT - MISSOURI
EDGE  JULIAN OKWARA - NOTRE DAME
WR  CHASE CLAYPOOL - NOTRE DAME
TE  HUNTER BRYANT - WASHINGTON

-----
Round 3
S  KYLE DUGGER - LENOIR-RHYNE

Really like this kid - I'd wish he'd be there in the 4th but I doubt that happens. I've seen some articles saying he can essentially play coverage LB and even nickle CB. We love our movable peices and this should fit right in.

Highly considered a lot of these guys below - still available in this sim are both: WR  DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES - MICHIGAN and WR  BRYAN EDWARDS - SOUTH CAROLINA

Considered:
DL ROSS BLACKLOCK (Taken in Simulation)
DL LEKI FOTU (Taken in Simulation)
CB MICHAEL OJEMUDIA (Taken in Simulation)
EDGE KHALID KAREEM (Taken in Simulation)
TE  HARRISON BRYANT - FLORIDA ATLANTIC
LB  MALIK HARRISON - OHIO STATE
CB  JAYLON JOHNSON - UTAH
EDGE  JAMES LYNCH - BAYLOR
LB  AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER - APPALACHIAN STATE
S  BRANDON JONES - TEXAS

-----
Round 4
RB  AJ DILLON - BOSTON COLLEGE

Board is really thinned out here. Player rankings on the list also haven't been updated post combine so I know at this point a lot of the low ranking players are going to be shooting up the board due to their testing numbers. That being said I'm taking King Henry light. Too often we gave the ball to Gore and we got nothing for it. 

Considered:
LB JORDYN BROOKS (Taken in Simulation)
EDGE ALTON ROBINSON (Taken in Simulation)
RB  ZACK MOSS - UTAH
RB  ENO BENJAMIN - ARIZONA STATE
LB  LOGAN WILSON - WYOMING
G  EZRA CLEVELAND - BOISE STATE
G  NETANE MUTI - FRESNO STATE
TE  THADDEUS MOSS - LSU
WR  ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN - LIBERTY
EDGE  JONATHAN GARVIN - MIAMI

-----------------------------------------

I only simulated 4 rounds but if I had to fill out the rest here were players I had my eye on for the deep rounds:

*Obviously anyone listed above that falls

G  NETANE MUTI - FRESNO STATE
S  KVON WALLACE - CLEMSON
G  MICHAEL ONWENU - MICHIGAN
CB  HARRISON HAND - TEMPLE
OT  JACK DRISCOLL - AUBURN
EDGE  BRYCE STERK - MONTANA STATE
LB  KEANDRE JONES - MARYLAND
EDGE  ALEX HIGHSMITH - CHARLOTTE
EDGE  CHAUNCEY RIVERS - MISSISSIPPI STATE
DL  KHALIL DAVIS - NEBRASKA
DL  CARLOS DAVIS - NEBRASKA
LB  EVAN WEAVER - CALIFORNIA
LB  CAM BROWN - PENN STATE
CB  JAMES PIERRE - FLORIDA ATLANTIC

Excellent job, well thought out draft. Look forward to yours the week before the draft, when big boards are finalized and free agency is for the most part over. And less we forget surprise cuts from roster bonuses and overpriced players. This is the best time of year for a good GM. 

Im never gonna let go of the fact that I want CeeDee lamb, whatever it takes. But this is my latest from fanspeak 

NFL Mock Draft Database
Last updated: 2/27/2020 taking the BPA but also considering need depending how the big board is falling. 

22: R1P22 OT MEKHI BECTON

LOUISVILLE

Enormous frame complemented by surprisingly nimble feet and functional athleticism to handle either tackle spot. Becton's combination of movement and force should allow him to fit easily into all running schemes, but he needs to play with better patience in order to control and redirect all that mass into centered blocks in both run and pass. His technique and set-up are better than expected in pass pro, while his size and length allow him to recover and redirect both inside and outside rushes. With all really big prospects, weight and quickness will be concerns, but Becton's areas of concern are correctable or manageable if he's disciplined enough to prioritize them. He has the potential to be a good starter on either side, but the weight creates an obvious low-floor scenario.

54: R2P22 LB ZACK BAUN

WISCONSIN

Compared to Clay Matthews 

Ascending prospect whose explosive production on the field has begun to mirror his explosive athletic traits. Baun's twitchy get-off and deep bend at the edge is nightmare fuel for Big Ten tackles and he's still at the early stages of pass rush development. He is aggressive to flow downhill in run support, has sideline-to-sideline range and is fluid dropping into coverage. He's strong but a little light as an edge-setter so teams will need to figure out how best to align him. Baun is a scheme-diverse linebacker with high-impact potential whose best days are ahead of him.

86: R3P22 TE HARRISON BRYANT

FLORIDA ATLANTIC

Compared to George Kittle

Bryant's plus athletic traits, high football IQ and toughness as a blocker make him one of the most talented, well-rounded tight ends in this draft. He's a little light to be considered for full-time work as a "Y" tight end, but his technique and tenacity should not be discounted in his ability to help the running game. He's instinctive in space with speed and separation talent to work all three levels and gives offensive coordinators the freedom to line him up all over the field. Bryant could become an early starter and has the talent to be a high volume pass-catching target as a move tight end.

125: R4P22 RB A.J. DILLON

BOSTON COLLEGE

Great size speed ratio

Built like a minibus but possessing enough vision and finesse to avoid being pigeon-holed as just a pure power back. Dillon is capable of handling heavy workloads and wearing down defenses, but there is a concern from evaluators that it's taken a physical toll on him. He's a disciplined runner who trusts his blocking scheme and follows his rush track. He's a good one-cut runner with below-average wiggle but natural power to create yards after contact. Dillon will find more space as he faces fewer loaded boxes as a pro, but dropping weight and adding quickness could be the difference between a future as a committee back or starter.

155: R5P9 WR CHASE CLAYPOOL

NOTRE DAME

The comparison to former teammate Miles Boykin is an easy one since both have elite size and explosiveness, but Claypool has a higher ceiling and is a little more pro-ready. Claypool doesn't have shake to get much separation underneath, but he's physical inside the route and is adept at making contested catches when needed. He has size/strength/speed to bedevil singled up cornerbacks on 50/50 deep balls. He's a vertical challenger outside, a possession receiver as a big slot, an outstanding run blocker and immediate coverage ace on special teams. His elite traits and diverse skill set could allow him to create a unique footprint as a pro.

167: R5P21 WR BRYAN EDWARDS

SOUTH CAROLINA

Consistently productive, four-year starter with size to fight for tight-window throws and speed to challenge over the top. Edwards is capable of eluding press for quick releases into routes and strong enough to fight back against grabby coverage at the top of the route. His quick acceleration creates early vertical windows for quarterbacks, but he needs to get better at bodying up and controlling the 50/50 catch space. While he should be able to polish up his route-running, the hands may always be hit or miss. He's a projectable "HWS" (height-weight-speed) prospect with WR2/WR3 potential.

188: R6P9 EDGE TIPA GALEA'I

UTAH STATE

It's easy to love the get-off, acceleration around the corner, spin counter and closeout burst to the quarterback, but at the end of the day, it will be tough for him to stick with a team if he can't get bigger. Galeai's lean frame can't handle NFL edge-setting duties, so he'll generally be viewed as a designated pass rusher. There is definitely enough rush talent and explosiveness for a team to draft and groom him, but he can be subdued by longer, stronger tackles. If he can keep adding to his rush repertoire and improve his hands, he's got a shot, but he may need a stash-and-grow plan on a practice squad no matter who takes him.

201: R6P22 K RODRIGO BLANKENSHIP

GEORGIA

Charismatic kicker and fan favorite -- as long as he's making his kicks. His thick, black-rimmed glasses have become his trademark, but so too are booming touchbacks and a big leg to hit 50-yard field goals with plenty of ball flight leftover. Blankenship rarely mishits the football, but does need to make sure he elevates drive kicks consistently. He should be the first kicker off the board.

207: R6P28 QB BRIAN LEWERKE

MICHIGAN STATE

Scouts have gone from bullish to bearish on Lewerke after his dismal two-year run following a promising 2017 campaign. He looks the part from an operational standpoint with good size and mobility, but he's been unable to inspire confidence in his ability as a field leader. If coaching improves his footwork and follow-through, he might see some improvement from an accuracy standpoint, but it's hard to say if it will be enough. The traits and talent are absolutely worth a look, but the spotty confidence and issues with ball placement could be hard to overcome.
with more drafts to come, we should have this done top a science.
  • Like (+1) 1

This one's from first pick, as you can see I traded up for lamb and back top replace picks

Round 1 Pick 6 (LAC): CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (N.E.): Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A)
Round 4 Pick 19 (N.E.): AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22: Alton Robinson, DE/OLB, Syracuse (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska (A+)
Round 6 Pick 22: AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 6 Pick 28: Matt Womack, OT, Alabama (B+)

22: R1P22

WR JUSTIN JEFFERSON
LSU
54: R2P22

TE COLE KMET
NOTRE DAME
86: R3P22

EDGE CURTIS WEAVER
BOISE STATE
125: R4P22

EDGE ALTON ROBINSON
SYRACUSE
155: R5P9

OT TREY ADAMS
WASHINGTON
167: R5P21

C DARRYL WILLIAMS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
188: R6P9

WR STEPHEN GUIDRY
MISSISSIPPI STATE
201: R6P22

WR JUWAN JOHNSON
OREGON
207: R6P28

LB FRANCIS BERNARD
UTAH

fanspeak - brad board

Round 1: Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb all went in the Top 11, Mims went at 19. Kindlaw dropped from 11.  Could have gotten Andrew Thomas or Chaisson here.

Round 2: (27) Deandre Smith was still here, but took WR instead.

Round 3: Highest rated player left except for a Center in the (60's).

Round 4: Our pick is 125, 3 highest players are WR: (99)Bryant Edwards, (117)KJ Hill, and (118)Collin Johnson.  So I go edge (125).

Round 5: (155), could have gotten Tyler Johnson (149), but Antonio ranked (140).

22: R1P22   DL JAVON KINLAW   SOUTH CAROLINA

54: R2P22   WR LAVISKA SHENAULT JR.    COLORADO

86: R3P22   OT MATT PEART   CONNECTICUT

125: R4P22   EDGE ANFERNEE JENNINGS   ALABAMA

155: R5P9   WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN   LIBERTY

167: R5P21   S KVON WALLACE   CLEMSON

188: R6P9    WR JAUAN JENNINGS   TENNESSEE

201: R6P22    RB AJ DILLON   BOSTON COLLEGE

207: R6P28   CB STANFORD SAMUELS III   FLORIDA STATE

• Like (+1) 1

OT MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE

WR DENZEL MIMS
BAYLOR

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE

EDGE JAMES LYNCH
BAYLOR

WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN
LIBERTY

CB KINDLE VILDOR
GEORGIA SOUTHERN

TE DALTON KEENE
VIRGINIA TECH

S REGGIE FLOYD
VIRGINIA TECH

RB AJ DILLON
BOSTON COLLEGE
  • Like (+1) 1

Here’s my pics. I loaded up at WR. 

22  Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE

54  Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB

86  Van Jefferson  WR

118  K.J. Hill  WR

137  Lamar Jackson  CB

149  A.J. Dillon  RB

168  Binjimen Victor  WR

181  Chase Claypool  WR

18.    Levonta Taylor. CB

• Like (+1) 1

This is my all offense draft network draft. 

22. Mekhi Becton, OT

54 Denzel Mims, WR

86 Tee Higgins, WR

118 Ezra Cleveland, OT

137 A.J. Dillon, RB

149 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE

168 James Morgan, QB

181 Chase Claypool, WR

187 Gabriel Davis, WR

On 3/1/2020 at 1:22 PM, 17OP2Canton said:

Round 1 Pick 13 (IND): CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 14 (ATL): Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 7 (CAR): Cesar Ruiz, C/OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23 (BALT): Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A+)
Round 5 Pick 11 (ATL): Jonathan Garvin, DE/OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 6 Pick 5 (CAR): Lamical Perine, RB, Florida (A)
Round 6 Pick 9: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A+)

Had to give up next years 1st to grab Lamb, but with all these additions I believe that next years pick will be in the 27-31st range and well worth it for a true game changing WR1

Imagine an offense next year with Lamb, Brown, Mims and Beasley with Knox and Singletary. Sprinkle in AGG and Perine with improvement on the line and you have a top 15 Offense coupled with a top 6 Def

Man just so excited for this years draft...no matter what happens we’ll for sure come out of it with atleast a couple more playmakers on offense...is it September yet?!?!

Also love the Dantzler and Ruiz picks! 

• Like (+1) 1

from first-pick:
Round 1 Pick 17 (DAL): CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma 
Round 2 Pick 19 (DAL): Jon Greenard, DE/OLB, Florida 
Round 2 Pick 26 (MINN): Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma 
Round 3 Pick 22: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (MINN): Willie Gay, OLB, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22: AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms, OG, Missouri (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA (A)
Round 6 Pick 22: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (A)
Round 6 Pick 28: Shaquille Quarterman, ILB/OLB, Miami (A

I traded this years 1st (22) and next years 1st to move up to 17 and get Lamb but also received Dallas 2nd (this year) in which Greenard was chosen. Did one trade down with the original 2nd pick.  Not sure if Lamb is there at 17, but in this draft Jeudy and Ruggs were taken early teens. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, philholbroo said:

from first-pick:
Round 1 Pick 17 (DAL): CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma 
Round 2 Pick 19 (DAL): Jon Greenard, DE/OLB, Florida 
Round 2 Pick 26 (MINN): Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma 
Round 3 Pick 22: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (MINN): Willie Gay, OLB, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22: AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Tre'Vour Wallace-Simms, OG, Missouri (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA (A)
Round 6 Pick 22: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (A)
Round 6 Pick 28: Shaquille Quarterman, ILB/OLB, Miami (A

I traded this years 1st (22) and next years 1st to move up to 17 and get Lamb but also received Dallas 2nd (this year) in which Greenard was chosen. Did one trade down with the original 2nd pick.  Not sure if Lamb is there at 17, but in this draft Jeudy and Ruggs were taken early teens. 

I really hope Beane works the draft like this

Here's another draft network draft, crazy right. 

21. Andrew Thomas, OT

54 Jonathan Taylor, RB

86 Antonio Gibson, RB

118 A.J. Dillon, RB

137 Michael Pittman Jr., WR

149Tyler Johnson, WR

168 Anfernee Jennings, EDGE

181 Michael Divinity Jr., EDGE

187 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR

Antonio Gibson, is a rich man's laviska.

9 hours ago, ALF said:

Bills traded up for Sammy in a WR deep draft , still a bad idea.

Fearing the past will never lead to greatness. 

Fanspeak latest bigboard, I this is my favourite mock yet. 

2: R1P22 WR HENRY RUGGS ALABAMA

54: R2P22 WR CHASE CLAYPOOL

NOTRE DAME

86: R3P22 EDGE KENNY WILLEKES

MICHIGAN STATE

125: R4P22 RB AJ DILLON

BOSTON COLLEGE

155: R5P9 LB LOGAN WILSON

WYOMING

167: R5P21 G SHANE LEMIEUX

OREGON

188: R6P9 OT ALEX TAYLOR

SOUTH CAROLINA ST

201: R6P22 CB LEVONTA TAYLOR

FLORIDA STATE

207: R6P28 LB JOE BACHIE

MICHIGAN STATE

It timed out on my before the 7th round but here is what I had:

OT MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL
NOTRE DAME

CB JAYLON JOHNSON
UTAH

EDGE KENNY WILLEKES
MICHIGAN STATE
WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN
LIBERTY

P MICHAEL TURK
ARIZONA STATE
LB SHAQUILLE QUARTERMAN
MIAMI

RB AJ DILLON
BOSTON COLLEGE

S JORDAN FULLER
OHIO STATE

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It timed out on my before the 7th round but here is what I had:

OT MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL
NOTRE DAME

CB JAYLON JOHNSON
UTAH

EDGE KENNY WILLEKES
MICHIGAN STATE
WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN
LIBERTY

P MICHAEL TURK
ARIZONA STATE
LB SHAQUILLE QUARTERMAN
MIAMI

RB AJ DILLON
BOSTON COLLEGE

S JORDAN FULLER
OHIO STATE

I love Mekhi Becton, he’s an absurd talent. People gave me trouble a few months ago when I projected him as our first pick but now fans are coming along after seeing him shoot up the draft board. He should go top 5. He has Orlando Pace/Walter Jones ability.

Latest Drafttek Mock. 3/4

Buffalo NFL Mock Draft logo
Justin Jefferson

This week, Sean McDermott reiterated that he'd like a WR who can reliably catch the ball . Beane delivers here with Combine-winner Justin Jefferson, who ranked No. 1 in catches (111), No. 2 in NCAA in TDs (18), and No. 1 among draftables in yards (1,540). Reliable? Check; Justin Jefferson had a 92.3% contested-catch rate this season.

McDermott talked about big plays, and Jefferson forced 23 missed tackles on the year. Will he fit in with the Process? Well, this Justin: he donated the money he received from Odell Beckham after LSU's title win to his church.

Zack Baun

The Bills' LB corps is comprised of two stalwarts, Edmunds and Milano, and a bunch of guys named Joe (actually, Mo, Vo, and Co) trying to somehow replace 'Zo.
Beane sent scouts to watch 13 of the top 13 LBs on my board, so it's safe to say that, including Free Agency, the third LB will be on the team by RD3. Here, the Bills get one of the draft's best. Baun was completely misused in the Badgers' 3-4. He's more ideally-suited to play a 4-3 in space and off the ball, but he's also equipped to bring the blitz on 3rd down or chase down RBs from the back side. He's a Bills'-archetype LB with athleticism, football smarts, and hair-on-fire play speed. While it's a young room without 'Zo, the linebackers might be one of the NFL's best for a decade.

- Dean Kindig, Bills Analyst

Chase Claypool

WR

Lucas Niang

OT

# 155

Buffalo (Trade) NFL Mock Draft logo
Michael Ojemudia

S