2020 mock drafts/ fanspeak/ draft network

Round 2 Pick 22: Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 3 Pick 22: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Antonio Gibson, WR, Memphis (A+)
Round 6 Pick 22: A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma St. (A+)
Round 7 Pick 25: Colton McKivitz, OT, West Virginia (A+)

Round 2 Pick 22: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 22: Kyle Dugger, SS/FS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 22: Braden Mann, P, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 7 Pick 25: Antonio Gibson, WR, Memphis (A+)

I'd be stoked with either if these drafts.. tried not to pick the same players but Claypool and Gibson were calling my name. 

Everyone wants our offense to take the next step so why not draft O heavy.  I think this draft will end up similar in real life. Just load the field with playmakers and chain movers and have the defense pick their poison. 

Fanspeak, Matt Miller's latest BB

54: R2P22 RB J.K. DOBBINS

OHIO STATE

86: R3P22 LB MALIK HARRISON

OHIO STATE

128: R4P22 EDGE KENNY WILLEKES

MICHIGAN STATE

167: R5P21 WR QUARTNEY DAVIS

TEXAS A&M

188: R6P9 QB NATE STANLEY

IOWA

207: R6P28 WR JUWAN JOHNSON

OREGON

239: R7P25 EDGE CARTER COUGHLIN

MINNESOTA

This one's from walk the mock. 

2:22 Denzel Mims WR Baylor

3:22 Jeremy Chinn SS S. Illinois

4:22 Trevis Gipson EDGE Tulsa

5:21 Darrell Taylor EDGE Tennessee

6:9 Tavien Feaster RB Clemson

6:28 Damien Lewis G LSU

7:5 Logan Wilson LB Wyoming

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Here's my latest Draft Network mock:

54 - Laviska Shenault Jr., WR - Colorado

86 - Matthew Peart, OT - UConn

128 - Alton Robinson, EDGE - Syracuse

167 - Lamical Perine, RB - Florida

188 - Tanner Muse, S - Clemson

207 - Lamar Jackson, CB - Nebraska

239 - Kendrick Rogers, WR - Texas A&M

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Watkins101 said:

4 recievers (I view Gibson as more of a Wr, with doing some sweeps and gadget plays) might be a little excessive, no?

I view Gibson as CMC-lite, and a good compliment to Motor. The other 3 are late round fliers to see what sticks. I'm of the mindset that our day 3 picks are roster long shots anyway based on where we're at, so I took WRs with upside to compete for depth and STs. Similar to when we took Ray Ray and proehl. If I can't get a high end prospect, I'll take multiple shots. Areas of need are RB2, CB2, WR4, EDGE talent, and potentially TE.

• Like (+1) 1

This draft had 8! receivers  go in the first round.  Didn't really want a center, but Biadasz had too much value at pick 86 to pass. Claypool at 128 would be a dream. I really liked grabbing Alton Robinson in the 6th, I expect him to go in the fourth though. This draft shores up our Rb room, and adds Wr depth with Claypool having immense potential. Sign me up! What is up with Josh Edwards board? Some very strange rankings...

54: R2P22

RB JONATHAN TAYLOR
WISCONSIN
86: R3P22

C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN
128: R4P22

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL
NOTRE DAME
167: R5P21

S K'VON WALLACE
CLEMSON
188: R6P9

EDGE ALTON ROBINSON
SYRACUSE
207: R6P28

WR ISAIAH HODGINS
OREGON STATE
  • Like (+1) 1

Did another one using The draft Network, still love this draft, but not as much as the previous one. A lot of good value here. 

Buffalo_Bills_logo.svg.png

Ohio State

8 minutes ago, Nick456 said:

Man, did you see this?

Uhhhhhhh... Mods? 

• Like (+1) 1

I aslo really like this one- Pittman and Kmet falling to there would be astounding. We would need to pick up a Free agent Rb though,  one of Hyde/Lamar Miller/Freeman hopefully. I wouldnt be surprised if we do that anyway if we do draft a Rb early. 

On 3/31/2020 at 6:47 PM, John from Riverside said:

Is there a reason why?

Pittman is a very good route runner and is very, very competitive (plays mad). I like that. But there is a kid that you might be able to pick up in the 5th/6th round name Isaiah Hodgins. He is only a 4.61 guy but gets open, catches everything, is about 6'-4"", and I think he's got to be 210 lbs. and almost 10" hands. He is going to play in this league and I've heard nothing about him. Maybe because he plays up in the Northwest @ Oregon St. 

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

40 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Pittman is a very good route runner and is very, very competitive (plays mad). I like that. But there is a kid that you might be able to pick up in the 5th/6th round name Isaiah Hodgins. He is only a 4.61 guy but gets open, catches everything, is about 6'-4"", and I think he's got to be 210 lbs. and almost 10" hands. He is going to play in this league and I've heard nothing about him. Maybe because he plays up in the Northwest @ Oregon St. 

I'll check out his film

• Like (+1) 1

From hudgins all 22 analysis,  he's got good hands and can win with size. But I can't see him getting that much space at the next level. A couple times they showed him in the red zone he could have easily ran the short post wide open in the endzone yet chose out routes, the second being his worst decision. Im not sure about his toughness either. Looking at the 2 hits he took, one from a db were he got flipped, wasn't that bad, just his own body weight and the other on a broken play where he took a somewhat decent hit from the linebacker, it wasn't life altering or anything but yet he was slow to get up both times. I think he could be limited on what you could ask him to do and there wasn't allot of tape of him fighting through tight on line coverages. But that's just me, trying to be objective. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have a feeling I might be a little disappointed with our actual draft, If I keep having these nice mocks. I like having another solid Rb to split time with Singletary, A high upside OT, And some good depth defensive players. Also took a couple fliers on Wrs, maybe one will be better than where they were drafted. 

21 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

4 recievers (I view Gibson as more of a Wr, with doing some sweeps and gadget plays) might be a little excessive, no?

One would assume Beane didn’t do his homework or was not confident in his ability to draft WRs if our draft was such. I expect a WR a RB a DE and a LB methodically taken throughout our draft. Also, Gibson will be a WR at the next level so in @BuffaloHokie13 scenario we don’t even draft a true RB.