2020 mock drafts/ fanspeak/ draft network

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pair him with Knox! Would love that duo. 

Assuming Beane drafts Kmet, that would mean we start off with six TEs on the early roster:  Kmet, Knox, Sweeney, Kroft, Lee Smith, Croom.  I'd like to get rid of at least one since I don't think there is any need for that many TEs.   Kroft was just restructured, so cutting him would be cap prohibitive.  Croom would be the logical choice since Lee Smith is really a blocking TE.  Knox and Sweeney are definite keepers.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Assuming Beane drafts Kmet, that would mean we start off with six TEs on the early roster:  Kmet, Knox, Sweeney, Kroft, Lee Smith, Croom.  I'd like to get rid of at least one since I don't think there is any need for that many TEs.   Kroft was just restructured, so cutting him would be cap prohibitive.  Croom would be the logical choice since Lee Smith is really a blocking TE.  Knox and Sweeney are definite keepers.

Kmet would eventually replace Kroft next year too 

• Like (+1) 1

With a little wheelin and dealin using FirstPick:

Round 2 Pick 29 (TENN): Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU

Round 3 Pick 22: Kenny Willekes, DE/OLB, Michigan St

Round 3 Pick 29 (TENN): Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

Round 3 Pick 37 (SEA): Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri

Round 4 Pick 22: Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois

Round 4 Pick 27 (SEA): Troy Pride, CB, Notre Dame

Round 4 Pick 40 (PHI): Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan

Round 6 Pick 9: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU

Round 7, Pick 25: Braden Mann, P, Texas A&M

Although some of these are highly unlikely (Denzel Mims being available at the end of the 3rd round), I’d be ecstatic if the draft fell like this. Only thing I would have loved more is if Anthony Gordon was available with the last 3rd round pick (was taken 2 spots ahead).

Regardless with this haul, we will have upgraded a lot of our depth and Beane can trade a few pieces for draft capital in the coming years to replenish some of our accessory pieces with cheap alternatives when we have to start paying our core players.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:29 AM, Happy Gilmore said:

Smith is a blocking tight end that gets to many penalties that are drive killers. He's a vet should be rarely penalized. 

Fanspeak latest BB.

54: R2P22 RB J.K. DOBBINS OHIO STATE

86: R3P22 LB MALIK HARRISON

OHIO STATE

128: R4P22 CB A.J. GREEN

OKLAHOMA STATE

167: R5P21 WR JAUAN JENNINGS

TENNESSEE

188: R6P9 DL BENITO JONES

OLE MISS

207: R6P28 S TANNER MUSE

CLEMSON

239: R7P25 QB JAKE LUTON

OREGON STATE

On 3/29/2020 at 11:19 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

Kmet is becoming my favorite in round two

I like Kmet - he showed up more than Claypool did in the games that I was watching specifically to see Claypool.  But if you are looking to add dynamic offensive weapons, I don’t see him as that.  He looks like a good chain moving receiver, though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I like Kmet - he showed up more than Claypool did in the games that I was watching specifically to see Claypool.  But if you are looking to add dynamic offensive weapons, I don’t see him as that.  He looks like a good chain moving receiver, though.

I think he would add an element of size and as a very young and pretty raw guy, I think he has a ton of room to grow. I think we have a lot of dynamic weapons and I’d like to add some size like Kmet and Claypool. 

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think he would add an element of size and as a very young and pretty raw guy, I think he has a ton of room to grow. I think we have a lot of dynamic weapons and I’d like to add some size like Kmet and Claypool. 

If you are looking for size, my preference would be Pittman over Claypool.  Doesn’t mean I’m right, but I am not that high on Claypool.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Draftnetwork player rankings mode this draft would be amazing. 

54 Tee Higgins, WR

86 Kenny Willekes, EDGE

128 A.J. Dillon, RB

167 Gabriel Davis, WR

188 A.J. Green, CB

207 Trevis Gipson, EDGE

239 Rodrigo Blankenship, K

I love Willekes’ story of walk-on to college star, but I don’t know if he is any more than a fringe NFL player.

33 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I love Willekes’ story of walk-on to college star, but I don’t know if he is any more than a fringe NFL player.

I think he can do whatever he wants, that's just how dedicated he is to be the best he can be, love the no quit until whistle. 

I think he would be fine spelling Hughes or outside on a pure pass rush line of, from left to right. Addison,  Oliver,  Hughes,  willikes. With willikes playing a wide 7 or 9 They could play meet you at the quarterback. 

Edited by ScorpionZero

47 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

I think he can do whatever he wants, that's just how dedicated he is to be the best he can be, love the no quit until whistle. 

I think he would be fine spelling Hughes or outside on a pure pass rush line of, from left to right. Addison,  Oliver,  Hughes,  willikes. With willikes playing a wide 7 or 9 They could play meet you at the quarterback. 

I’d root for him to succeed if the Bills draft him, but I don’t think he will be taken before round 5.  I’m no expert, that is for sure, it’s just my opinion based on watching him play a few games, his athletic testing scores, size and what I’ve read.

watch him vs Wisconsin’s OL - both of their OTs handled him 

27 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I’d root for him to succeed if the Bills draft him, but I don’t think he will be taken before round 5.  I’m no expert, that is for sure, it’s just my opinion based on watching him play a few games, his athletic testing scores, size and what I’ve read.

watch him vs Wisconsin’s OL - both of their OTs handled him 

Will do

First pick I wish

Round 1 Pick 25 (MINN): Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin (B+)
Round 2 Pick 30 (G.B.): Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (A+)
Round 3 Pick 30 (G.B.): AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
Round 4 Pick 30 (G.B.): Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa (B)
Round 7 Pick 25: Jake Bentley, QB, South Carolina (B+)

Edited by ScorpionZero

54: R2P22

RB J.K. DOBBINS
OHIO STATE
86: R3P22

S KYLE DUGGER
LENOIR RHYNE
128: R4P22

EDGE NICK COE
AUBURN
167: R5P21

WR JAUAN JENNINGS