2020 mock drafts/ fanspeak/ draft network

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I do several of these each day just for fun.. This is one I did where I spared no expense in trading up.

Honestly, this might be the most "Beane like" one I've done.

I traded 2 and 3 to jump up with the colts for Baun, who is a perfect replacement for Lorax.

Then I traded 4 and 6 to move up in the fourth and get Gibson, who i think is a great fit for this offense.

Gandy-Golden is some size/development.

Keene is a development TE and offers flexibility as a H back.

Reed is a PR/KR and offers some upside/competition at WR late in the draft. 

I've seen some pretty solid arguments about just how many spots we have on this roster for Rookies, and it does make me wonder if something like this would be more realistic.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.56.32 AM.png

Well done

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I do several of these each day just for fun.. This is one I did where I spared no expense in trading up.

Honestly, this might be the most "Beane like" one I've done.

I traded 2 and 3 to jump up with the colts for Baun, who is a perfect replacement for Lorax.

Then I traded 4 and 6 to move up in the fourth and get Gibson, who i think is a great fit for this offense.

Gandy-Golden is some size/development.

Keene is a development TE and offers flexibility as a H back.

Reed is a PR/KR and offers some upside/competition at WR late in the draft. 

I've seen some pretty solid arguments about just how many spots we have on this roster for Rookies, and it does make me wonder if something like this would be more realistic.

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.56.32 AM.png

I think of Antonio Gibson as a WR, I could be wrong though. Strikes me as a nice developmental talent at WR, maybe can take a snap or two at RB but if we drafted him I think he’d challenge Robert Foster and Isaiah McKenzie.

Edited by Victory Formation

9 hours ago, MTLBills said:

I don’t understand why everyone, including experts, are mocking RB to the Bills so early? Singletary had a great first year. I understand the need of rb but don’t see why they use an early pick (2 or 3) on one. I think it’s more likely to see one selected in the 5th and beyond. 

I think it’s pretty obvious it will be a corner at 54. 

8 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Bills will select BPA. It might be a RB.

Exactly.  Just like last year, OBD has done a good job of filling their holes in FA, setting themselves up for BPA.  By the way, it still feels weird to say "Just like last year, OBD..." and have it be something good.  Nevertheless, here's hoping that BPA aligns as perfectly with our needs as last year.  

As for "why RB?":  1) we're a run-first team 2) Singletary missed a quarter of last season to injury 3) Frank Gore just vacated 180 touches out of the backfield

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, MTLBills said:

I don’t understand why everyone, including experts, are mocking RB to the Bills so early? Singletary had a great first year. I understand the need of rb but don’t see why they use an early pick (2 or 3) on one. I think it’s more likely to see one selected in the 5th and beyond. 

I think it’s pretty obvious it will be a corner at 54. 

Because we can get an upgrade on Singletary and have two good backs to share the workload. There are about 130 scrimmage plays in a game, so 65 per team and about 30 runs per team.  That is a lot of touches- you want the best out of those.  We do not have a backup RB and have a chance at a good run this year.  If Singletary is hurt or injured, your plan has  those 30 runs a game being handled by the 160th best player in the draft. No thank you.  This year, because of all the feeling of so many good QB, OT, and DE, we can get a top notch stud as RB even with our 2nd round pick & maybe a trade up.  ... Remember TT was backed up by K.Davis, who would have been a starter on a lot of teams back then.

Round 3 Pick 7 (LAC): Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (JAX): Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 22: Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton (C)
Round 4 Pick 22: Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois (A)
Round 5 Pick 17 (CHI): Jonathan Garvin, DE/OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21 (CHI): Kelly Bryant, QB, Missouri (B)
Round 6 Pick 28: Tyler Vaughns, WR, USC (A+)
Round 7 Pick 25: Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA (A+)

Did this one on First Pick. Traded back a couple of times because I just wasn’t crazy about what was available. I’d be pretty pleased with this draft as it focuses on adding offensive options. Truth is it’s gonna be tough to make this team as a rookie on the defensive side of the ball. 

Edited by Floydboy12

Fanspeak, draft countdown BB.

54: R2P22 WR CHASE CLAYPOOL

NOTRE DAME

86: R3P22 EDGE JULIAN OKWARA

NOTRE DAME

128: R4P22 RB A.J. DILLON

BOSTON COLLEGE

167: R5P21 WR TYLER JOHNSON

MINNESOTA

188: R6P9 LB TANNER MUSE

CLEMSON

207: R6P28 LB SHAQUILLE QUARTERMAN

MIAMI

239: R7P25 K RODRIGO BLANKENSHIP

GEORGIA

I know Okwara is a pipe dream in the 3rd, but he fell there so had to take him

• Like (+1) 1

This one is from draftnetwork, and it was almost identical as the first one I did just before this one. In both I passed on j.k. dobbins and okwara, after watching Uches film again I see lorax in him can rush inside or outside, he can play with his hand in the dirt or 2pt. Stance. And his coverage drops are smooth and in a hurry. Definitely has the quickness and agility. His change of direction is excellent. Offers great flexibility for the defense. 

I also keep grabbing muse in the 5th for his versatility and size 6'2" 230, can you say Matt milano 

54 Joshua Uche, EDGE

86 Chase Claypool, WR

128 A.J. Dillon, RB

167 Tanner Muse, S

188 Lamar Jackson, CB

207 Jauan Jennings, WR

239 Levonta Taylor, CB

This one's from first pick and im still able to get the same players. The probabilities of them being available are increasing towards the good.

Round 2 Pick 22: Josh Uche, OLB/DE, Michigan (A)

Round 3 Pick 22: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)

Round 4 Pick 22: Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A+)

Round 5 Pick 9: Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois (A+)

Round 6 Pick 9: Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton (A+)

Round 6 Pick 28: Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina (A+)

Round 7 Pick 25: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (

This one's fan speak latest bigboard 

54: R2P22 EDGE JULIAN OKWARA

NOTRE DAME

86: R3P22 WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN

LIBERTY

128: R4P22 RB AJ DILLON

BOSTON COLLEGE

167: R5P21 RB ANTONIO GIBSON

MEMPHIS

188: R6P9 LB WILLIE GAY, JR.

MISSISSIPPI STATE

207: R6P28 P MICHAEL TURK

ARIZONA STATE

239: R7P25 K RODRIGO BLANKENSH

GEORGIA

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

NOTRE DAME

LIBERTY

BOSTON COLLEGE

MEMPHIS

MISSISSIPPI STATE

ARIZONA STATE

GEORGIA

I would love to see Hot Rod in a Bills uniform. Not sure he is a big upgrade over House, but as a UGA fan I’d like to keep saying ‘ come’on Hot Rod’.

My Picks on the DraftNetwork Simulator:

54 J.K. Dobbins, RB Ohio State

86 Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame

128 Alton Robinson EDGE Syracuse

167 Khalil Davis, IDL Nebraska

188 Dalton Keene, TE Virginia Tech

207 Alex Taylor, OT South Carolina State

239 Joe Reed, WR Virginia

Wanted to get a CB, but the draft never fell that way and the value wasn't there. Dobbins, Claypool, and Reed (who I view as an upgrade over McKenzie in the gadget/jet sweep role) add new dimensions to our offense. Robinson and Davis bring speed and athleticism to the defensive line. Keene (imagine the marketing potential of two Dalton's/DK's at tight end) and Taylor (6'9"!!!!!) are players with a lot of potential to develop into quality starters. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

NOTRE DAME

LIBERTY

BOSTON COLLEGE

MEMPHIS

MISSISSIPPI STATE

ARIZONA STATE

GEORGIA

That’s pretty good, although I see Antonio Gibson as a WR at the next level, not a RB. I think he could easily take over for Andre Roberts as a return man Day 1 and would likely beat out Foster and McKenzie as our 4th WR. Taking Golden may be a bit redundant at that point although the pick may have some merit. Both McKenzie and Foster would be traded or cap casualties? Good draft overall though.

6 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

That’s pretty good, although I see Antonio Gibson as a WR at the next level, not a RB. I think he could easily take over for Andre Roberts as a return man Day 1 and would likely beat out Foster and McKenzie as our 4th WR. Taking Golden may be a bit redundant at that point although the pick may have some merit. Both McKenzie and Foster would be traded or cap casualties? Good draft overall though.

You think that Gibson will beat Roberts out at returning, two years out of being the best in the league? Pretty bold if you ask me. The Gandy-Golden pick wouldn't be redundant, as it was the earlier pick. Also, Foster and McKenzie will not be cap casualties. Cap casualties are players good enough to make the team, but are cut due to being too expensive. If Foster and McKenzie do not make this team, it will be because they are not good enough.

25 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

You think that Gibson will beat Roberts out at returning, two years out of being the best in the league? Pretty bold if you ask me. The Gandy-Golden pick wouldn't be redundant, as it was the earlier pick. Also, Foster and McKenzie will not be cap casualties. Cap casualties are players good enough to make the team, but are cut due to being too expensive. If Foster and McKenzie do not make this team, it will be because they are not good enough.

Why do I have to spell it out for you? Can you not read between the lines? Gibson will likely be a 4th string WR/developmental prospect/return man in the NFL. Gibson and Roberts do the same thing, you only keep one, Gibson is a good 7-8 years younger than Roberts, so if we draft Gibson, Roberts is gone. Gibson is not a RB, he is a WR in the NFL. Gandy is another developmental WR at the next level. We already have two of those guys in McKenzie and Roberts. Redundant.

26 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Why do I have to spell it out for you? Can you not read between the lines? Gibson will likely be a 4th string WR/developmental prospect/return man in the NFL. Gibson and Roberts do the same thing, you only keep one, Gibson is a good 7-8 years younger than Roberts, so if we draft Gibson, Roberts is gone. Gibson is not a RB, he is a WR in the NFL. Gandy is another developmental WR at the next level. We already have two of those guys in McKenzie and Roberts. Redundant.

1st: You say that Roberts and Gibson do the same thing, but I doubt that Gibson can match Roberts, one of the best returners in the NFL day one. McBeane will not move on from Roberts, a proven great returner. 

2nd: Do you even know anything about Gandy-Golden? Saying that he is redundant because we have Foster and McKenzie is laughable. Gandy-Golden is 6'4" with a 36" vertical. And before you say we already have Duke, making Gandy-Golden redundant, Duke is 6'2 with a 30" vertical. Also, Gandy-Golden ran a 4.6 40, while Duke ran a 4.72. Gandy-Golden would not be redundant, as he brings an entirely new skill set to our Wr corps. If anything, Gibson is the more redundant player, seeing as he was picked second, and has a skill set more similar to players already on our roster.  

1 hour ago, Watkins101 said:

1st: You say that Roberts and Gibson do the same thing, but I doubt that Gibson can match Roberts, one of the best returners in the NFL day one. McBeane will not move on from Roberts, a proven great returner. 

2nd: Do you even know anything about Gandy-Golden? Saying that he is redundant because we have Foster and McKenzie is laughable. Gandy-Golden is 6'4" with a 36" vertical. And before you say we already have Duke, making Gandy-Golden redundant, Duke is 6'2 with a 30" vertical. Also, Gandy-Golden ran a 4.6 40, while Duke ran a 4.72. Gandy-Golden would not be redundant, as he brings an entirely new skill set to our Wr corps. If anything, Gibson is the more redundant player, seeing as he was picked second, and has a skill set more similar to players already on our roster.  

Gibson is a better player and receiver than Andre Roberts. Roberts offers little to nothing in terms of being a pass catching receiver on offense. Gibson OTOH would have value as a 3rd string/4th string receiver and could not only return kicks but he could replace Yeldon as our 3rd string RB. So Gibson upgrades WR/RB/KR, Roberts simply returns kicks. Gibson is the better player and upgrades three positions not just one. Gibson is also a better prospect than Golden. Given the two I take Gibson. I am curious if Golden would beat our McKenzie and Foster, both are developmental prospects and would make our FO make some hard choices on who stays or goes.

31 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Gibson is a better player and receiver than Andre Roberts. Roberts offers little to nothing in terms of being a pass catching receiver on offense. Gibson OTOH would have value as a 3rd string/4th string receiver and could not only return kicks but he could replace Yeldon as our 3rd string RB. So Gibson upgrades WR/RB/KR, Roberts simply returns kicks. Gibson is the better player and upgrades three positions not just one. Gibson is also a better prospect than Golden. Given the two I take Gibson. I am curious if Golden would beat our McKenzie and Foster, both are developmental prospects and would make our FO make some hard choices on who stays or goes.

So you would make Gibson your 3rd string rb based on 34 carear rush attempts, pretty much all of which were jet sweeps and offset stretch children.  I wonder what makes you think Gibson is the better prospect. According to NFL.com, Gandy-Golden is likely to be "a good backup who will likely become a starter within 2 years. Gibson is "a developmental traits-based prospect." Gibson's comparable is Javorius "Buck" Allen, whereas Gandy-Golden's comp is DeVante Parker. Which would you rather have on your team? 

Don't get me wrong, I like Gibson, and I would be happy to see him as a Bill. I just don't really see how you can 

8 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

So you would make Gibson your 3rd string rb based on 34 carear rush attempts, pretty much all of which were jet sweeps and offset stretch children.  I wonder what makes you think Gibson is the better prospect. According to NFL.com, Gandy-Golden is likely to be "a good backup who will likely become a starter within 2 years. Gibson is "a developmental traits-based prospect." Gibson's comparable is Javorius "Buck" Allen, whereas Gandy-Golden's comp is DeVante Parker. Which would you rather have on your team? 

Don't get me wrong, I like Gibson, and I would be happy to see him as a Bill. I just don't really see how you can 

As I said, i view Gibson more as a WR than a RB but could be productive as a third down back. I think Gibson has a lot of potential as a slot receiver and kick returner which would make Andre Roberts expendable. Gibson upgrades three positions, great value in the 3rd-4th. Gandy-Golden is a solid prospect but once again, he’s a developmental prospect and he can play only one position. Gibson can play three positions.