Here Are the Cities Homeowners Never Leave

Conservative Buffalo. I’m from here and moved five times in the past 20 years. All outta state.

most of my friends are born here went school here and college and work here. I could never stay in the same place.

Edited by Helpmenow

7 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I left Buffalo in 1985 for Syracuse.  I think I’m doing this wrong. 

I left Buffalo for Syracuse in 1970 because of my father’s job. Had stops in Milwaukee, Houston, Tyler, and Albany before coming back to Syracuse. And then my family all moved back to Buffalo, but I’m still in Syracuse.

Living in the Richmond area, we see a lot of "halfbacks."  They are people who have already left Buffalo, Cleveland & Pittsburgh etc., moved to Florida, either didn't like the climate or decided it was too far from family, but didn't want to go all the way back to where they originated.  So they live in this area.   I'm from Buffalo and my wife is from Gainesville FLA.

We still see our share of' Snowbirds from Maine, Ontario, Quebec PA, NJ and NYS on I-95 & I-295 heading S in October-November and back N in March-April.   Many have big motor homes or 5th wheels, and also we see car trailer trucks with 6-10 vehicles making the same seasonal type trips.  

This is doesn't surprise me at all.  At a previous job back in Rochester, during a company wide event a question was posed to the group: show of hands if you're from Rochester.  Nearly every hand went up.  Show of hands if you have never lived anywhere else.  Nearly every hand went up.  The few who weren't from Rochester were mostly from Buffalo or Cuse areas.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

This is doesn't surprise me at all.  At a previous job back in Rochester, during a company wide event a question was posed to the group: show of hands if you're from Rochester.  Nearly every hand went up.  Show of hands if you have never lived anywhere else.  Nearly every hand went up.  The few who weren't from Rochester were mostly from Buffalo or Cuse areas.

my hometown of 100,000 had many friends staying there, many on the same barstool (4 decades later) they first started with when they were 15 years old, and many of us got the heck out of there ASAP as there were no jobs or any future at all to meet ambitions