Expect the unexpected with Beane this year, he has a lot of resources this year.

Tipster19

On 2/9/2020 at 1:12 AM, Tipster19 said:

This year Beane has a lot at his disposal to take some calculated shots/risks this upcoming year. With 90+M to spend, more than just having a good core of a roster to add to but also utilizing that cap space to his advantage in potential trade(s). No doubt, Beane has an awful lot to work with this year. Off the top of my head I think that only the Colts have more clout this year than any other team in the league.

Different scenarios/possibilities that could be work is a Houston/Cleveland type trade. Bottom line is Arizona is pretty much stuck with a player that they don’t to pay or use in RB David Johnson. Beane can afford to take on most of that contract and possibly gain a value draft pick, maybe a 4th rder for Johnson. Unless Johnson has a debilitating knee injury that isn’t being fully disclosed than I don’t believe that this one time blue chip has fallen that much off the map. In taking on Johnson the Bills will be gaining a very good to great veteran RB while gaining a great draft pick by simply using that excessive resource in cap space. On top of that they don’t have to use a draft pick to add to their RB position room.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/08/david-johnsons-contract-makes-it-very-hard-to-release-him/

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-

bills/2020/02/why-trading-for-cardinals-david-johnson-makes-sense-for-buffalo-bills.html?outputType=amp

This is EXACTLY what I was referring to but this article states it a whole lot better. To me this trade makes sense for the Bills.

This year Beane has a lot at his disposal to take some calculated shots/risks this upcoming year. With 90+M to spend, more than just having a good core of a roster to add to but also utilizing that cap space to his advantage in potential trade(s). No doubt, Beane has an awful lot to work with this year. Off the top of my head I think that only the Colts have more clout this year than any other team in the league.

Different scenarios/possibilities that could be work is a Houston/Cleveland type trade. Bottom line is Arizona is pretty much stuck with a player that they don’t to pay or use in RB David Johnson. Beane can afford to take on most of that contract and possibly gain a value draft pick, maybe a 4th rder for Johnson. Unless Johnson has a debilitating knee injury that isn’t being fully disclosed than I don’t believe that this one time blue chip has fallen that much off the map. In taking on Johnson the Bills will be gaining a very good to great veteran RB while gaining a great draft pick by simply using that excessive resource in cap space. On top of that they don’t have to use a draft pick to add to their RB position room.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/08/david-johnsons-contract-makes-it-very-hard-to-release-him/

I can’t stand him but there is no denying his work ethic and ability in WR Antonio Brown. Could this be the perfect timing to adding him to the roster? It appears that he has  no where to go and Buffalo surely needs the talent at WR that Brown possesses. Construct a 1 year prove it type contract with an easy out and this has the potential of being a blockbuster type acquisition for the Bills.

As far as TE Greg Olsen goes give him a great tour first hand and show him exactly what we got going on over here in Buffalo. Then give him whatever he wants on a stackable 2 year deal, he’ll be worth every penny of it. 

If Andy Dalton doesn’t stay in Cincinnati and doesn’t get a starter’s job then I would seriously would give thought to adding him in an open competition to really lighting a fire under Allen’s ass. Nobody on this roster should be comfortable until this franchise can compete at the a very high level. 

I would think that the LB and DE positions this year should be a big time priority for the Bills. How they address I don’t know but I do expect it.

It’s good to hear some recent progress on Christian Wade. I do believe the Bilks retained him so they can utilize him sooner rather than later.

anyways I think this year is going to be a great, great acceleration for this franchise. Go Bills!

I don't agree with David Johnson at all (Seriously what is this fan bases obsession with the RB position?), he wouldn't be a compliment to Devin Singletary he would be his replacement and at this stage of his career I think Singletary may be the better player especially for the price Johnson would come at. Why not draft a big bruising back that can bull people over for those tough yards in like the 4th-7th rounds? Get a compliment to Singletary who looked absolutely like he belonged in this league in just about every game he played in including the playoff game.

Antonio Brown is done in this league. You heard it here first :)

I think Olson coming in would be more of e mentoring role at this stage for him with some obvious playing time as well, I see no harm in this move.

I never thought about Andy Dalton but that would be an excellent pickup for us and he was already happy that our fan base donated to his charity, I think it would be an excellent fir for both sides and he would be an incredible backup for us who can win us some games if need be.

I agree an edge rusher or rush LB are on the top of the wish list, they have to be. 

GO BILLS!!!!

On 2/10/2020 at 4:47 PM, JerseyBills said:

I'd take a re committed and focused Brown. 

2 reasons - 1. We'd have the luxury of cutting him if he gets off track . 

2. Him and John Brown could legit be the best WR combo in the AFC. With Cole underneath? Wow. I'm sure Josh Allen wouldn't mind... He was the best WR of the decade. 

This guy has had issues , potential cancer in the locker room but we have enough of our core where any nonsense will not be tolerated. He'd have a long way to go , but hopefully he realizes his God given ability is going to be gone in a couple years and something clicks upstairs ??‍♂️

Josh allen and jamarcus Russell could form the best qb duo on the league too. That’s more likely than the AB situation happening 

I can’t stand him but there is no denying his work ethic and ability in WR Antonio Brown. Could this be the perfect timing to adding him to the roster? It appears that he has  no where to go and Buffalo surely needs the talent at WR that Brown possesses. Construct a 1 year prove it type contract with an easy out and this has the potential of being a blockbuster type acquisition for the Bills.

As far as TE Greg Olsen goes give him a great tour first hand and show him exactly what we got going on over here in Buffalo. Then give him whatever he wants on a stackable 2 year deal, he’ll be worth every penny of it. 

If Andy Dalton doesn’t stay in Cincinnati and doesn’t get a starter’s job then I would seriously would give thought to adding him in an open competition to really lighting a fire under Allen’s ass. Nobody on this roster should be comfortable until this franchise can compete at the a very high level. 

I would think that the LB and DE positions this year should be a big time priority for the Bills. How they address I don’t know but I do expect it.

It’s good to hear some recent progress on Christian Wade. I do believe the Bilks retained him so they can utilize him sooner rather than later.

anyways I think this year is going to be a great, great acceleration for this franchise. Go Bills!

That fact that you just suggested bringing in andy dalton in an open competiton at qb to supplant the 3rd yr presumed future of the franchise has given you the title of worst post in the history of this board. Such an honor is not to be taken lightly as there have been some doozies, but from now on anything you say will just be laughed at. Smdh. Wtf dude?!?

11 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

That fact that you just suggested bringing in andy dalton in an open competiton at qb to supplant the 3rd yr presumed future of the franchise has given you the title of worst post in the history of this board. Such an honor is not to be taken lightly as there have been some doozies, but from now on anything you say will just be laughed at. Smdh. Wtf dude?!?

Ok, I’d rather have Andy Dalton than Matt Barkley on the roster. Anointing somebody a position without competition is ridiculous. Your response is right up there with the all time “great” responses.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/8/2020 at 10:12 PM, Tipster19 said:

I am with you on most of what you said with the exception of brown.

Beans and McDermott have made it clear that they want team first players not me first players.  You couldn't find a more me first player than brown.  I doubt that this will happen. 

On 2/9/2020 at 6:52 AM, HOUSE said:

I would be surprised if Brandon Beane uses more then 60% of available cap. He clearly builds his team through the draft + sign his own players

While I agree with your post, I still expect Beans to spend the bucks for a vetern position of need that will be an immediate upgrade, like the Morse signing last year.

On 2/17/2020 at 12:52 PM, Tipster19 said:

Ok, I’d rather have Andy Dalton than Matt Barkley on the roster. Anointing somebody a position without competition is ridiculous. Your response is right up there with the all time “great” responses.

Of course, id expect nothing less from a person who is constantly lumped in as chronically one of the poorest posters here, but you said LIGHT A FIRE UNDER JOSH ALLEN - this implying the open competition was w Dalton and Josh... so you bringing up Barkley now is either you trying to better explain something you didnt make clear OR youve realized how silly it was and are now trying to save face. Either way, no thanks

You literally put THIS in the same post arguing why we should bring in that scum bag Antonio Brown... have you not paid attention to that saga? You are just ok rooting for someone who cant even seem to act like a human being? Dude..  be better than that. I dont care how good he was, be better than that. Learn from the past and how lucky we were to dodge that bullet last yr, why would you ever want to put your hat back in that ring?!?

'If Andy Dalton doesn’t stay in Cincinnati and doesn’t get a starter’s job then I would seriously would give thought to adding him in an open competition to really lighting a fire under Allen’s ass. Nobody on this roster should be comfortable until this franchise can compete at the a very high level. '

That, to me, has nothing to do w Barkley and all to do w/Allen. If that and bringing Brown in are your thoughts, maybe consider giving up thinking. Im just happy McBeane is our GM and not Tipster..

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

Of course, id expect nothing less from a person who is constantly lumped in as chronically one of the poorest posters here, but you said LIGHT A FIRE UNDER JOSH ALLEN - this implying the open competition was w Dalton and Josh... so you bringing up Barkley now is either you trying to better explain something you didnt make clear OR youve realized how silly it was and are now trying to save face. Either way, no thanks

You literally put THIS in the same post arguing why we should bring in that scum bag Antonio Brown... have you not paid attention to that saga? You are just ok rooting for someone who cant even seem to act like a human being? Dude..  be better than that. I dont care how good he was, be better than that. Learn from the past and how lucky we were to dodge that bullet last yr, why would you ever want to put your hat back in that ring?!?

'If Andy Dalton doesn’t stay in Cincinnati and doesn’t get a starter’s job then I would seriously would give thought to adding him in an open competition to really lighting a fire under Allen’s ass. Nobody on this roster should be comfortable until this franchise can compete at the a very high level. '

That, to me, has nothing to do w Barkley and all to do w/Allen. If that and bringing Brown in are your thoughts, maybe consider giving up thinking. Im just happy McBeane is our GM and not Tipster..

Ok, let me get this straight and then I’m done with it. 

a. I’m one of the worse posters on this message board by your estimation. Check.

b. I need to clarify better on keeping just 2 QBs rather than 3 despite the fact that that has been the case for the last several years. This is where I applaud your comprehension. Check.

c. AB is a scumbag and doesn’t deserve any chances according to you, and I, like you, are or should be better human beings than him. Hmm, interesting. Ok, check. 

d. Last but not least I’m not worthy of an opinion but apparently you are. Check.

You’re not just another poster, you’re God. Please forgive me, I must have sinned.

3 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Ok, let me get this straight and then I’m done with it. 

a. I’m one of the worse posters on this message board by your estimation. Check.

b. I need to clarify better on keeping just 2 QBs rather than 3 despite the fact that that has been the case for the last several years. This is where I applaud your comprehension. Check.

c. AB is a scumbag and doesn’t deserve any chances according to you, and I, like you, are or should be better human beings than him. Hmm, interesting. Ok, check. 

d. Last but not least I’m not worthy of an opinion but apparently you are. Check.

You’re not just another poster, you’re God. Please forgive me, I must have sinned.

Nah brah, its the asinine views you obviously take for attention. Do you honestly feel like after dodging a bullet last year, it would be beneficial for this team to bring in AB?

Domestic crap aside (sadly, its hard to do but for the sake of conversation) after watching the way he operates you think thats a good thing for this locker room? It was debatable last year. After the year hes had, his paid (or sometimes unpaid) associates dropping him like flies, and the constant circus (see saints asking to drop the entourage and he couldnt) not to mention pending charges that if cleared to play could snap him back out of the lineup in a jiffy (this causing the team to have to adjust) you think bringing THAT guy in here is what this team needs? They need him like a hole in the head!

As far as qbs go, i dont think it takes any special level of comprehension to read what you wrote and not take it as you wanted Dalton breathing down your potential FQB1's neck. There was no mention of Barkley, and the jump is you want to disrupt his growth by making him concerned about his job? That again seems like sabotage and shooting yourself in the foot just for the sake of doing it. 

I stand by what i said, and continue to be happy you arent the guy in charge. I dont even mean that as an insult, and there is no god like will behind it. You can make your point in paragraph form or try and snazz them up with bullet points, they remain (respectfully) just as flawed!

If I was looking for attention and suggested similar ideas Id HOPE that someone would offer resistance and try to alter my thought process so I could be a better, and as a result, happier fan. Is it fun calling for things that will never happen? That just seems like a path to being a miserable 'fan' because if thats what you want and otherwise wont be happy, what fun is that?!

Edited by gobills1212

No problem with a difference of opinions, it’s the personal attacks that aren’t necessary. It’s real simple, if you don’t like me or my opinions then don’t read my posts. It amazes me how some people just talk all kinds of ***** about or to somebody on a message board but never would or could say it to somebody’s face. That is a fact not an opinion, you know what I’m saying brah??

This topic is almost laughable, none of the first post is gonna happen and Olsen signed with Seattle. Beane will spend like last year adding multiple options that McD can pick and choose how to use them. They may try and get 1 high end free agent such as Conklin or Clowney. I think the only trades you'll see is during the draft either to go up and get Lamb or moving up in later rounds. Let's not forget he's constantly scouring through the NFL for training camp cuts and so forth. We're not gonna add slay or Jones because you can't have 2 high paid cornerbacks and still try to keep your team intact. Here's a crazy thought, when it's time to resign Allen will he be the first player to say I don't need that much let's keep the team together. Crazy right. 

What is generally accurate is the propensity of acquiring veterans. Regardless of who it may be I think it is safe to say that Beane will be getting some veterans in here this year to help offset the loss of players like Kyle Williams, Alexander, Gore etc etc.