Expect the unexpected with Beane this year, he has a lot of resources this year.

Tipster19

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I fully expect the wiz that is Beane to be in the market this year

We have to spend at least 50 million dollars of our cap

We have a team that is now close enough to make a real run

There will be players that can help us

My hope is that the players Beane targets are young combined with our draft.  No FA's over 30.  No more Frank Gore mentor assignments. No considering AJ Green.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I disagree there’s many teams that need starting QB help. Dalton wants to start he won’t start here in Buffalo. 

Yes there are a lot of teams who could use a starter, but there are better options available than Dalton right now. He might find a starting gig if things break in his favor, but things would have to break in his favor.  He won't be at the top of the list of QBs.  We shall see though.

Edited by purple haze

Last year he said FA is for filling holes, but I'd like to see him land a couple elite players like Amari Cooper, Clowney, Scherff, Thuney, Byron Jones or any 1 of the very good TE's available. We don't need more average players. We need game changers and elite OL/DL linemen to dominate in the trenches.

8 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

He’s a PR disaster, but I’m pretty sure he’d take ANY NFL job offered at this point. 

I don't doubt it.  If only he could prove he's not still a nutjob and could be dedicated to the team and not the paycheck.  Another potential Incognito situation.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He hasn't accomplished nearly as much as John Brown, but he interests me.  He was a disappointment as a first round draft pick for the Ravens due to injuries, and they moved on in 2018 (his 4th year), but he had a decent year in 2019 for Tampa.

The scouting report on him when he came out in 2015 was that he had all the physical measurements (height, weight, speed) but was "raw on his routes". I have not seen him play to assess to what extent that's changed:  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/breshad-perriman?id=2552597

He was basically regarded as a 1st round bust by the Ravens, who cut him after his 4th year training camp:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000940926/article/report-ravens-to-pick-up-breshad-perriman-bonus

He did look good last year with TB. 

The video is terrible, but his catches are pretty nice. 

On 2/9/2020 at 1:56 AM, John from Riverside said:

I fully expect the wiz that is Beane to be in the market this year

We have to spend at least 50 million dollars of our cap

We have a team that is now close enough to make a real run

There will be players that can help us

I also expect the Bills to spend this offseason.  It’s smart of them to be quiet about it too.  No upside to putting it out there that they’ll be big spenders.  That would lead to unrealistic expectations by the fans and, ultimately, disappointment.

One point of clarification though.  Minimum spending limits are calculated on CASH distributed, not cap accounting.  That makes hitting the minimum a lot easier to achieve. 

14 hours ago, purple haze said:

Yes there are a lot of teams who could use a starter, but there are better options available than Dalton right now. He might find a starting gig if things break in his favor, but things would have to break in his favor.  He won't be at the top of the list of QBs.  We shall see though.

To me it seems like Dalton would be a great pickup for a team drafting a QB early.  A one year deal where he can improve his stock for a better deal next season while the team he plays for gets to sit their future QB for up to a full season. 

On 2/9/2020 at 6:52 AM, HOUSE said:

I would be surprised if Brandon Beane uses more then 60% of available cap. He clearly builds his team through the draft + sign his own players

I would agree, except I heard that teams won’t be able to carry unused cap space over to the next year because of it being the final year of the CBA...this should make it extra interesting to see how this changes things for FO’s...

On 2/9/2020 at 8:25 AM, stuvian said:

Gore was a leadership signing but paying top dollar for a past his prime RB is fools gold. I still think we're too shallow at too many spots to go out and write checks and operate in Win Now mode. We need targets for Josh and replacements for Lorenzo and Gore.  

You mean "improved replacements for Lorenzo and Gore"

There is zero chance that AB is signed by the Bills, he is 31/32 years old, his career in the NFL is over, he’s gonna be pushing his mid thirties before he is eligible because of his current legal issues, and he is a bonafide wack job. You would need to be the pats to sign a F up like him. 

I don’t think we will see the unexpected from management.  Beane has basically announced his intent in his PCs.  Beane and his crew do their homework and do it well. We know Beanes style, we just don’t know how it will play out, it will be an exciting FA & draft period this off season.  Now we bring in the offensive play makers and O line help, and shore up the D a bit more, imo. 

Go Bills!!!

On 2/9/2020 at 1:12 AM, Tipster19 said:

This year Beane has a lot at his disposal to take some calculated shots/risks this upcoming year. With 90+M to spend, more than just having a good core of a roster to add to but also utilizing that cap space to his advantage in potential trade(s). No doubt, Beane has an awful lot to work with this year. Off the top of my head I think that only the Colts have more clout this year than any other team in the league.

Different scenarios/possibilities that could be work is a Houston/Cleveland type trade. Bottom line is Arizona is pretty much stuck with a player that they don’t to pay or use in RB David Johnson. Beane can afford to take on most of that contract and possibly gain a value draft pick, maybe a 4th rder for Johnson. Unless Johnson has a debilitating knee injury that isn’t being fully disclosed than I don’t believe that this one time blue chip has fallen that much off the map. In taking on Johnson the Bills will be gaining a very good to great veteran RB while gaining a great draft pick by simply using that excessive resource in cap space. On top of that they don’t have to use a draft pick to add to their RB position room.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/08/david-johnsons-contract-makes-it-very-hard-to-release-him/

I can’t stand him but there is no denying his work ethic and ability in WR Antonio Brown. Could this be the perfect timing to adding him to the roster? It appears that he has  no where to go and Buffalo surely needs the talent at WR that Brown possesses. Construct a 1 year prove it type contract with an easy out and this has the potential of being a blockbuster type acquisition for the Bills.

As far as TE Greg Olsen goes give him a great tour first hand and show him exactly what we got going on over here in Buffalo. Then give him whatever he wants on a stackable 2 year deal, he’ll be worth every penny of it. 

If Andy Dalton doesn’t stay in Cincinnati and doesn’t get a starter’s job then I would seriously would give thought to adding him in an open competition to really lighting a fire under Allen’s ass. Nobody on this roster should be comfortable until this franchise can compete at the a very high level. 

I would think that the LB and DE positions this year should be a big time priority for the Bills. How they address I don’t know but I do expect it.

It’s good to hear some recent progress on Christian Wade. I do believe the Bilks retained him so they can utilize him sooner rather than later.

anyways I think this year is going to be a great, great acceleration for this franchise. Go Bills!

There are many things Allen needs , but lighting a fire under his ass is not one of them...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

To me it seems like Dalton would be a great pickup for a team drafting a QB early.  A one year deal where he can improve his stock for a better deal next season while the team he plays for gets to sit their future QB for up to a full season. 

That's the sort of situation I think he'll be looking for.

24 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

There are many things Allen needs , but lighting a fire under his ass is not one of them...

Truth.  More like a set of asbestos undies or a soothing drink.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/9/2020 at 1:19 AM, 1ManRaid said:

Brown doesn't want to come here, and we don't want him.  Still.

I'd take a re committed and focused Brown. 

2 reasons - 1. We'd have the luxury of cutting him if he gets off track . 

2. Him and John Brown could legit be the best WR combo in the AFC. With Cole underneath? Wow. I'm sure Josh Allen wouldn't mind... He was the best WR of the decade. 

This guy has had issues , potential cancer in the locker room but we have enough of our core where any nonsense will not be tolerated. He'd have a long way to go , but hopefully he realizes his God given ability is going to be gone in a couple years and something clicks upstairs ??‍♂️