Expect the unexpected with Beane this year, he has a lot of resources this year.

Tipster19

9 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

This year Beane has a lot at his disposal to take some calculated shots/risks this upcoming year. With 90+M to spend, more than just having a good core of a roster to add to but also utilizing that cap space to his advantage in potential trade(s). No doubt, Beane has an awful lot to work with this year. Off the top of my head I think that only the Colts have more clout this year than any other team in the league.

Different scenarios/possibilities that could be work is a Houston/Cleveland type trade. Bottom line is Arizona is pretty much stuck with a player that they don’t to pay or use in RB David Johnson. Beane can afford to take on most of that contract and possibly gain a value draft pick, maybe a 4th rder for Johnson. Unless Johnson has a debilitating knee injury that isn’t being fully disclosed than I don’t believe that this one time blue chip has fallen that much off the map. In taking on Johnson the Bills will be gaining a very good to great veteran RB while gaining a great draft pick by simply using that excessive resource in cap space. On top of that they don’t have to use a draft pick to add to their RB position room.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/08/david-johnsons-contract-makes-it-very-hard-to-release-him/

I can’t stand him but there is no denying his work ethic and ability in WR Antonio Brown. Could this be the perfect timing to adding him to the roster? It appears that he has  no where to go and Buffalo surely needs the talent at WR that Brown possesses. Construct a 1 year prove it type contract with an easy out and this has the potential of being a blockbuster type acquisition for the Bills.

As far as TE Greg Olsen goes give him a great tour first hand and show him exactly what we got going on over here in Buffalo. Then give him whatever he wants on a stackable 2 year deal, he’ll be worth every penny of it. 

If Andy Dalton doesn’t stay in Cincinnati and doesn’t get a starter’s job then I would seriously would give thought to adding him in an open competition to really lighting a fire under Allen’s ass. Nobody on this roster should be comfortable until this franchise can compete at the a very high level. 

I would think that the LB and DE positions this year should be a big time priority for the Bills. How they address I don’t know but I do expect it.

It’s good to hear some recent progress on Christian Wade. I do believe the Bilks retained him so they can utilize him sooner rather than later.

anyways I think this year is going to be a great, great acceleration for this franchise. Go Bills!

Pretty uninspiring for such an intriguing thread title.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Markaf431 said:

You completely lost me at the Antonio Brown thing, and an open QB competition.  Everything else you say in this post is irrelevant to me. 

Oh. and give Greg Olsen whatever he wants? Pass.

/thread

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well we definitely DID want him. I highly doubt he’s on anyone’s team this year. He went off the deep end and has a pending suspension hanging out there.

....certainly NOT in a position to doubt your assertion......but if we consider the "process guys", and perhaps hindsight is a beautiful thing with this clown's wiring becoming unraveled of late, how do we know a mere inquiry wasn't twisted into being a "bonafide interest"?.....it certainly doesn't matter now as we've seen him unravel beyond unraveled.....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....certainly NOT in a position to doubt your assertion......but if we consider the "process guys", and perhaps hindsight is a beautiful thing with this clown's wiring becoming unraveled of late, how do we know a mere inquiry wasn't twisted into being a "bonafide interest"?.....it certainly doesn't matter now as we've seen him unravel beyond unraveled.....

@OldTimeAFLGuy, both @Kirby Jackson and @thebandit27 do have connections inside some NFL FO....it's not to say that everything they hear is iron-clad, but if they both heard that the terms of a trade were negotiated between the Steelers and B'lo pending AB's agreement, there probably was something more than "mere inquiry".

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

@OldTimeAFLGuy, both @Kirby Jackson and @thebandit27 do have connections inside some NFL FO....it's not to say that everything they hear is iron-clad, but if they both heard that the terms of a trade were negotiated between the Steelers and B'lo pending AB's agreement, there probably was something more than "mere inquiry".

...appreciate the recognition Hap, but in the true spirit of full disclosure for our TBD brethren( I would NEVER do anything LESS) , our corporate OBD connections disappeared with Brandon being disposed of.....so anything I offer up post Brandon is strictly opinion.......my apology bud....

11 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

This year Beane has a lot at his disposal to take some calculated shots/risks this upcoming year. With 90+M to spend, more than just having a good core of a roster to add to but also utilizing that cap space to his advantage in potential trade(s). No doubt, Beane has an awful lot to work with this year. Off the top of my head I think that only the Colts have more clout this year than any other team in the league.

Different scenarios/possibilities that could be work is a Houston/Cleveland type trade. Bottom line is Arizona is pretty much stuck with a player that they don’t to pay or use in RB David Johnson. Beane can afford to take on most of that contract and possibly gain a value draft pick, maybe a 4th rder for Johnson. Unless Johnson has a debilitating knee injury that isn’t being fully disclosed than I don’t believe that this one time blue chip has fallen that much off the map. In taking on Johnson the Bills will be gaining a very good to great veteran RB while gaining a great draft pick by simply using that excessive resource in cap space. On top of that they don’t have to use a draft pick to add to their RB position room.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/08/david-johnsons-contract-makes-it-very-hard-to-release-him/

I can’t stand him but there is no denying his work ethic and ability in WR Antonio Brown. Could this be the perfect timing to adding him to the roster? It appears that he has  no where to go and Buffalo surely needs the talent at WR that Brown possesses. Construct a 1 year prove it type contract with an easy out and this has the potential of being a blockbuster type acquisition for the Bills.

As far as TE Greg Olsen goes give him a great tour first hand and show him exactly what we got going on over here in Buffalo. Then give him whatever he wants on a stackable 2 year deal, he’ll be worth every penny of it. 

If Andy Dalton doesn’t stay in Cincinnati and doesn’t get a starter’s job then I would seriously would give thought to adding him in an open competition to really lighting a fire under Allen’s ass. Nobody on this roster should be comfortable until this franchise can compete at the a very high level. 

I would think that the LB and DE positions this year should be a big time priority for the Bills. How they address I don’t know but I do expect it.

It’s good to hear some recent progress on Christian Wade. I do believe the Bilks retained him so they can utilize him sooner rather than later.

anyways I think this year is going to be a great, great acceleration for this franchise. Go Bills!

why does Allen need a fire lit under his ass and why would Dalton be the one to do it?

Edited by nucci

12 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

The problem with AB is still no word on what will happen once he signs and not sure the league can announce a suspension for an unsigned player.  Maybe teams will know what is the plan, but to me signing someone like him would only be worth it if he's more of a luxury pick that you don't need till around Nov in case of injury or for depth.  Allen too is young enough t hat he needs as much time as possible with his WR's and having a guy suspended for maybe 1/2 a seaso nwon't help much.

10 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I would like Dalton here but he is not coming and we don’t need a QB controversy. Get a good vet backup and draft someone in the later rounds like 6th or 7th, Dalton would want too much money and he won’t be a back up to anyone 

Agree that Dalton will want to start and want starting money.  But if he finds that market doesn't exist for him, then who knows.  And even if no starting spots available, then would next look to a Tenn like situation where the starter is on rather shaky ground like Tannerhill did last year.  This year, those spots could be Bears, Rams, Lions,, Tampa, and maybe Pittsburgh if turns out a year away at Big Bens age is too much and he's lost it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The problem with AB is still no word on what will happen once he signs and not sure the league can announce a suspension for an unsigned player.  Maybe teams will know what is the plan, but to me signing someone like him would only be worth it if he's more of a luxury pick that you don't need till around Nov in case of injury or for depth.  Allen too is young enough t hat he needs as much time as possible with his WR's and having a guy suspended for maybe 1/2 a seaso nwon't help much.

Agree that Dalton will want to start and want starting money.  But if he finds that market doesn't exist for him, then who knows.  And even if no starting spots available, then would next look to a Tenn like situation where the starter is on rather shaky ground like Tannerhill did last year.  This year, those spots could be Bears, Rams, Lions,, Tampa, and maybe Pittsburgh if turns out a year away at Big Bens age is too much and he's lost it.

...probably and Mariota said the same thing......but who knows?......the dichotomy is Fitz......Brandon offered him backup money to get out of the huge extension....Fitzy said, "I'll find starter money somewhere".......and damn, he did.......uncanny......

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably and Mariota said the same thing......but who knows?......the dichotomy is Fitz......Brandon offered him backup money to get out of the huge extension....Fitzy said, "I'll find starter money somewhere".......and damn, he did.......uncanny......

For years I've always said there a 32 teams in the league, but only about a dozen very good to elite top QB's so easy for the Fitz's of the world to keep finding a place to play and even start. 

I will say though in the past 3 to 4 years that list of places is getting much shorter.  Ironically the places that may be heading onto that list are New Orleans, NE, Giants, and San Diego. (sorry always going to be San Diego to me)

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Dalton would want too much money and he won’t be a back up to anyone 

He may not have a starting opportunity.  Don't forget the amount of QB turnover this off-season is unlike any other.  Brady, Rivers, Bridgewater, Tannehill are free agents.  Cam might be available.  Carr could be if Brady does the unthinkable.  Burrow, Tua and Herbert are 1st round picks; Jordan Love might be too.  Fitz has that Miami gig already.  If he's not in Cinci as the bridge, there's a good chance Dalton is only a back-up QB going forward.

13 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He may not have a starting opportunity.  Don't forget the amount of QB turnover this off-season is unlike any other.  Brady, Rivers, Bridgewater, Tannehill are free agents.  Cam might be available.  Carr could be if Brady does the unthinkable.  Burrow, Tua and Herbert are 1st round picks; Jordan Love might be too.  Fitz has that Miami gig already.  If he's not in Cinci as the bridge, there's a good chance Dalton is only a back-up QB going forward.

I disagree there’s many teams that need starting QB help. Dalton wants to start he won’t start here in Buffalo. 

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

I just have a feeling that Dalton will end up in Tampa Bay & will be the starter.

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Breshad Perriman would be a good pickup. 

TB paid him $4m for a single year. He's an experienced vet. 

He hasn't accomplished nearly as much as John Brown, but he interests me.  He was a disappointment as a first round draft pick for the Ravens due to injuries, and they moved on in 2018 (his 4th year), but he had a decent year in 2019 for Tampa.

The scouting report on him when he came out in 2015 was that he had all the physical measurements (height, weight, speed) but was "raw on his routes". I have not seen him play to assess to what extent that's changed:  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/breshad-perriman?id=2552597

He was basically regarded as a 1st round bust by the Ravens, who cut him after his 4th year training camp:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000940926/article/report-ravens-to-pick-up-breshad-perriman-bonus