Jags 2 steps closer to London move

Zerovoltz

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/11/shad-khan-playing-outside-the-country-turned-out-great-for-the-jaguars/

Shad Khan: Playing outside the country turned out great for the Jaguars

I think it’s been great,” Khan said of the decision to play internationally, via News 4 in Jacksonville. “Jacksonville I think is a small market. When I was introduced, for me it was, I’m going to do everything to keep NFL football in Jacksonville. So how do we do that? A logical solution to me was really we want to expand the fan base. We don’t want to put extra pressure on our fans in Jacksonville to be able to support all the games.”

“Playing games outside the country really turned out great for us,” Khan said. “I think our fans have traveled with us, we have a lot of fans outside the U.S. and it’s been a win-win for everybody. Great for the league, too.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/8/2020 at 1:03 PM, KD in CA said:

Miami should be in the south, Baltimore in the East, and Indy in the North.

You beat me to it.  I’ve liked beating up on the Dolphins to make up for the 70’s but it would be time to move them to the South.   I would also like the chance to get even with New England but I wouldn’t hate not having to play them twice a year.

Edited by ColeB

On 2/8/2020 at 4:01 PM, Formerly Allan in MD said:

This is, perhaps, the London fog thread. 

BTW, it could no longer be the National Football League and American Football Conference.

They probably wouldn’t change them.  A lot of traditional conference names don’t make sense anymore.  The Big 12 conference now has 10 schools.  They should rename it the Southwest.   West Virginia made no sense moving there.

The Big 10 now has 14 teams. They could be renamed the Midwest, but they added Rutgers and Maryland in 2014.

At least the PAC12 was smart enough to have PAC in their name instead of Big.  They just changed the number as schools were added.

On 2/8/2020 at 6:59 PM, Roger Goodell said:

Thank you for your idea.  The NFL, member teams and the players association is committed to reaching out to our fans across the globe.

Thank you for taking this moniker and running with it! 

Clever. Well done!?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/10/2020 at 3:24 PM, Roger Goodell said:

While I appreciate the sentiment, your thanks is not required.  Ensuring the fans have the best possible experience rooting for their favorite NFL team is the most enjoyable part of my job.

I dislike you and your face so much

On 2/8/2020 at 5:39 PM, Zerovoltz said:

It would still be Miami in the east...you can get direct flights from Miami, New York and Boston to London......not Baltimore.

You serious? BWI flies direct to Heathrow brother. Don’t make stuff up because your realignment makes no sense. 

I for one hope it never happens ! The NFL is a American past time & it needs to stay here if they do want to expand the game i could see the owners as they try to do a 17 game season due to their over all greed of the big ten owners doing something in foreign countries .

With the 17 game schedule leave each team to have their 8 home games each year & how ever it works out in the scheduling for the 17th game make it the game in London, Mexico, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, & what ever other foreign countries that wants to get in on building a NFL stadium .

That way the home fans & season ticket holders don't get screwed out of 1 home game a season for which ever team is chosen to do those particular games out of the country . 

Any team expansion i hope would be kept in the U.S. & if that was to happen the over all 17th game of the season for the new team or teams could be given to a stadium to play 1 game out side the U.S. in those countries .

That way too the pro bowl could be put in one of those out of country stadiums (a different one each year) which could be a plus for players & they could even put the Super Bowl in one of those stadiums every so often the the teams would be "World Champions" !

That said I would again rather see that game stay at home to give those home teams the revenue here in the states !