Jags 2 steps closer to London move

Zerovoltz

....so the Jags are playing 2 home games in London this year.  It's just the next step in them becoming the "London" Jags permanently. 

The reason why I posted it has more to do with Buffalo than London.  I saw somewhere on the internet that when/if the Jags do make the move permanently, there will be some realignment.  The NFL won't want the London Jags in the AFC south.  They will want them in the AFC east with flights to/from London out of Boston, New York and Miami.  The alignment I saw suggested that the AFC EAST would be :

London

New York

New England

Miami

AFC SOUTH

Tennessee

Houston

Indy

Cincinnatti

AFC NORTH

Pittsburg

Cleveland

Baltimor

BUFFALO.

Would Bills fans accept it?  Would your new and closer division rivals be compelling, or would it be crap that you lose the Patirots/Jets/Dolphins as division rivals?

I can't help but think IF (I said IF...the word IF) IF it came to it....the owners would probably be able to make this happen.  I don't think Mike Brown has any kind of clout to stop it....and would think the if the Pegulas protested, they might not have any allies to prevent this.

Your thoughts?

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....so the Jags are playing 2 home games in London this year.  It's just the next step in them becoming the "London" Jags permanently. 

The reason why I posted it has more to do with Buffalo than London.  I saw somewhere on the internet that when/if the Jags do make the move permanently, there will be some realignment.  The NFL won't want the London Jags in the AFC south.  They will want them in the AFC east with flights to/from London out of Boston, New York and Miami.  The alignment I saw suggested that the AFC EAST would be :

London

New York

New England

Miami

AFC SOUTH

Tennessee

Houston

Indy

Cincinnatti

AFC NORTH

Pittsburg

Cleveland

Baltimor

BUFFALO.

Would Bills fans accept it?  Would your new and closer division rivals be compelling, or would it be crap that you lose the Patirots/Jets/Dolphins as division rivals?

I can't help but think IF (I said IF...the word IF) IF it came to it....the owners would probably be able to make this happen.  I don't think Mike Brown has any kind of clout to stop it....and would think the if the Pegulas protested, they might not have any allies to prevent this.

Your thoughts?

Surprisingly I don't hate it. Rust belt division 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Will the nfl admit their mistake?

When you have 50 thousand opposition fans in the NFL's multi billion dollar palace they won't have a choice. 

You also have to play in the mood of London fans, which is far more anti Jags than the media would like US fans believe 

Edited by Mountain Man

Just something to consider, Shad Khan is doing some heavy investments in Jax, and wouldn’t doubt they stay.  My other take is if they get that 17th game, it’s likely they each team go there once 16 x 2= equals you know), or they may only get less than a full schedule, as the NFL will most like place a game or two in Berlin.  Berlin had a higher attendance than London during NFLE.  They may also place 1-2 games in Canada somewhere, and probably Mexico, or even 1 in Brazil.

I don’t see China as it is too damn far.  We adopted my daughter from China, and that trip was brutal to get to Hong Kong, and then you’re destination city to get you’re girl.  It was worth it for Lauren, but three weeks in China is nuts.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Just something to consider, Shad Khan is doing some heavy investments in Jax, and wouldn’t doubt they stay.  My other take is if they get that 17th game, it’s likely they each team go there once 16 x 2= equals you know), or they may only get less than a full schedule, as the NFL will most like place a game or two in Berlin.  Berlin had a higher attendance than London during NFLE.  They may also place 1-2 games in Canada somewhere, and probably Mexico, or even 1 in Brazil.

I don’t see China as it is too damn far.  We adopted my daughter from China, and that trip was brutal to get to Hong Kong, and then you’re destination city to get you’re girl.  It was worth it for Lauren, but three weeks in China is nuts.

Alot here to get to.

but first.  The Chargers aren't leaving LA....their deal there is too damn sweet....even if they don't sell any tickets, they'll make money.

Shad Khan, as you suggest with his investments in JAX, may well never officially relocate to London.....there are logistics, as well as legal and tax implications that complicate things...and it's a possibility that maybe they play some games in JAX and some in LONDON.  Or....of course they may well stay in Jax after all said and done.

Regarding the 17th game........IF they get that concession there is a TON....a staggering payload of revenue to be made by the NFL...and here is how they'd do it.  ALL teams would have to play at least 1 neutral site game every year so their home/away advantage would remain equal.  ......and those neutral sites would be places like Birminham, AL or Lincoln, NE....Boise, Idaho....Albequerque........so for example...Seattle VS Denver in Boise Idaho.  That game sells out...at a premium price...Atlanta VS Baltimore, from Birmingham, or whereever.....again, the game will sell out...premium ticket price.....and the 17th game on the schedul is jsut that much more they can ask for in a TV deal.  ....probably they'd throw in a 2nd Bye ....so that extends the season..(and TV schedule) another week....so 18 weeks of regular season TV....that's mizzzillions more in TV revenue.....and millions in extra ticket sales for regular season NFL games at neutral sites.....and of course those neutrals could also be internationals...London, Berlin, Mex City, Brazil......etc etc.

China is too far....my wife is from 'nam.  That trip is long and once you get into nam, getting anywehre beyond Saigon is rough.  I understand what you mean about travel there.

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

London

New York

New England

Miami

AFC SOUTH

Tennessee

Houston

Indy

Cincinnatti

AFC NORTH

Pittsburg

Cleveland

Baltimor

BUFFALO.

Your thoughts?

Why is Buffalo in last place, I thought we were over this ?

• Haha (+1) 4

Zero, all good points, and I would add to a great post from you the MTC guys two years ago, for 6 years, and a seventh wildcard team would 95% of the time at least 8-8, and more likely 9-7.  Drop two of the pre-season games, and if you need more time to evaluate during pre-season, you just get a competitive practice between two teams for several days, and a scrimmage.

That should keep players, coaches and fans happy.  Otherwise, I like you’re take, and not sure if they would do a second bye, but maybe and dress all 53, and if they have injuries you bring up practice squad guys or bring someone in off the streets.  After week 1 they have no guaranteed contract.

8 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

if they were to rearrange anything, probably would do something more like

AFC EAST

London

New York

New England

Baltimore

AFC SOUTH

Tennessee

Houston

Indy

Miami

AFC NORTH

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Cincinnati

BUFFALO

It would still be Miami in the east...you can get direct flights from Miami, New York and Boston to London......not Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1