Christian Wade interview ESPN UK - Bills best org for him

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am trying to figure out how a Rugby player CANT play special teams

It would seem to me to be a match made in heaven

Not so, as coverage as a gunner or being the blocker on a gunner would be absolutely foreign to him.   Returns, even kickoffs, are very different in rugby as they seldom kick deep as always prefer to gain possession

I hope that he will be the next back in the room on the 53 i think he would be a really good add to the team & then grab another RB in the draft as a developmental or depth player rather than bringing in a veteran at a lot higher contract that will only be there for 1 possibly 2 seasons & then they need to get another body to fill the spot .

21 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

He's pushing 30.  I think it's getting close to now-or-never time.  If he does go to PS again, I hope it's not the exempt spot so we can actually have the opportunity to bring him up at some point (although it means another team could steal him away)

Exactly.

As mentioned above, his age is a factor.  He is 28 and turns 29 in May.  If is sits on the PS another year, I'm not sure if he will ever make it.  There isn't much of a market for 30 year old running backs.  It would be a great story if he could land a spot on the 53 this upcoming season.

On 2/8/2020 at 1:24 PM, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Love listening to that young man. So well spoken and that accent is awesome. Would love to see him make the team next year or at least find way to spend another year on the PS.

Really? You had to go there? You just had to go and ruin TBD's longest run of 19 days without a "well spoken"?  

Reset the ticker!

On 2/8/2020 at 3:05 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I know there is a lot of complexity in offense and they are probably worried about him missing an assignment on an audible , but he has clear talent and they should find a way to get him on the field.

Put him on the field and give him the ball.  I am confident he can play STs well too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/8/2020 at 4:36 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Probably, but but why waste him on the squad when he has big play ability , put him the in the slot or swing passes , whatever just get him out there.

Because he showed he has big play ability against guys no longer playing football

Not against starters and primary backups , he needs to earn it like everybody else

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because he showed he has big play ability against guys no longer playing football

Not against starters and primary backups , he needs to earn it like everybody else

With the extra caveat that In preseason, even showing big play ability against starters and primary backups doesn’t necessarily transfer....see Peterman, Nate

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, StHustle said:

Fred Jackson 2.0

I say this cause nobody saw Fred coming either. Also age isn't as much a factor as some of you make it out to be. He has very low football miles or even whatever rugby miles he has that would equate to football miles. There is a reason Rugby players don't wear helmets. 

Wade is probably closer to 25 in NFL years.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:16 PM, MJS said:

Let's hope he's learning the nuances of special teams, because that's his path to the 53. With his speed he could be a returner, gunner, etc.

Agreed.  I think he can be a core teamer he easily replaces Perry on the roster.  He has something with the ball in his hands.  The plays they gave Mckenzie last year I would like to see how he would perform with those plays.

He clearly has the necessary skills. The real question is has he develpped the right instincts. He seems intelligent, so I'd wager he knows the playbook. Reading and setting up blocks, on the other hand, don't require intelligence. Things like that require fast reactions and instincts. I saw the report that said he won't make the final 53 and all these people are now repeating it even though they have no real idea where his development stands.