Bleacher Report predicts Funchess to Bills

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Many clueless posters in here. Funchess would do well with Josh. Funchess had good numbers before Cam got hurt in '18 and could come very cheap. Well worth a 1 year prove it deal.

Really? His best season was 60 receptions for 800 yards. His drop percentage in that season was 8.9%. The Bills as a team last year were a league-worst 7.0%. He isn’t going to help that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/8/2020 at 1:52 PM, WhoTom said:

Out of that group, I'd like to see Randall Cobb in a Bills uniform. Sounds like he could be a cap casualty in Dallas, and we've got lots of space. BR predicts he goes to New Orleans, but with their QB situation in limbo, Buffalo sounds like a better destination for him.

Isn't Cobb a slot guy? I know he was supposed to be Beasley replacement. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Really? His best season was 60 receptions for 800 yards. His drop percentage in that season was 8.9%. The Bills as a team last year were a league-worst 7.0%. He isn’t going to help that.

He is 1.9% better though, that has to be a big help though?

I mean, as a 3rd guy on the other side of Brown I’m good with him. I’m more interested in finding a legitimate TE somewhere and adding him to Brown and Beasley. I’m not really down on our WRs TBH. I’m not impressed with our TEs though... but that goes for literally the entire history of the franchise unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 2:18 PM, WhoTom said:

I know they're both slot receivers, but Cobb is more versatile and more reliable. He can run deep routes out of the slot, carry the ball on a sweep, and he gets good YAC on short passes.

I agree with you. But I was referring to Beasley apparently being pissed when the cowboys signed Cobb instead of extending him. 

On 2/8/2020 at 12:43 PM, BillsMafi$ said:

Meh, I think that's just "Carolina Connection" laziness

On 2/10/2020 at 8:08 PM, Reed83HOF said:

He is 1.9% better though, that has to be a big help though?

Wrong direction, 1.9% worse

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/8/2020 at 1:56 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

Doesn’t have great hands. Better than KB but that is as low a bar as you can get.

Low bar, BB?  That's a buried underground utility line.

Quoting Winston Churchill, verbatim:  "never has so many dollars been paid for so much expectation, and rewarded so little...Benjamin stinks."

...yes...WC was a prophet.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:34 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

When is this ridiculous obsession for Carolina players going to end. They do realize there are 30 other teams to pilfer from. We have Brown, Beasley and Duke. Just draft 2 quality wrs in the first 4 rounds.  This draft is loaded with good wrs. Green is too old and injury prone.  Cooper wants no part of Buffalo. And definitely not on board with Funchess or Anderson. 

I agree with the first sentence - it is too easy to play connect the dots. 

Not sure who you are critiquing in sentence 2 - the OP or the Bills.  As they signed an ex-Raven and ex-Cowboy, it does not make sense.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:39 AM, aristocrat said:

beane has said it like 100 times he wants speed for allen. so expect whoever we sign or draft to have a fast 40

Brown already has that speed.  What we need is a player with a wide catching range.

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

Brown already has that speed.  What we need is a player with a wide catching range.

True, Brown does have speed. What we need is a guy with speed who still runs precise routes. Brown had a heck of a year last year, but there were a few All-22's that showed his route running costing us at times. One that especially stands out was the Baltimore game on the final play. I also agree with you that we need to grab one of these big WR's in this draft who can be Josh's 50/50 guy at all times. Josh sees him 1-on-1 and feels comfortable hanging the ball up there to him because he knows the WR can go up and get it. 

On 2/8/2020 at 10:52 AM, WhoTom said:

Out of that group, I'd like to see Randall Cobb in a Bills uniform. Sounds like he could be a cap casualty in Dallas, and we've got lots of space. BR predicts he goes to New Orleans, but with their QB situation in limbo, Buffalo sounds like a better destination for him.

Randall Cobb would be an exciting pick up. Don’t know how much money he’d demand though