Bleacher Report predicts Funchess to Bills

BillsMafi$

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Has he actually?  I've heard him say a lot that he wants more playmakers around Allen, but not speed in particular.

I just don't think we'll be seeing Devin Funchess here.  I could be wrong.

Who are the slow playmakers?  

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

beane has said it like 100 times he wants speed for allen. so expect whoever we sign or draft to have a fast 40

I dont recall Beane ever saying that. You have a link? Because if so that helps narrow which WR in the draft we are targeting

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Who are the slow playmakers?  

Well, for example, Singletary ran a 4.66 40 yd dash.  Beasley in his pre-draft workouts was not exceptionally fast.  They have field vision and quickness.  They are both playmakers. 

The question was when Beane has said 100x that he wants speed for Allen, so expect a fast 40 time.

29 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Beane will package up lower round picks to move up anyway.....anyway, his WR moves albeit draft and/or FA will be interesting............

So here is a question...I'll try asking it here then I may give it its own thread if no good answer. 

We have 2 5th and 3 6th round picks.   Practically speaking, what value would they have in helping Beane trade up? 

It seems axiomatic that the first 3-4 rounds are where teams can draft talent they expect to contribute, while 5th and 6th round picks are where teams take flyers on talent that slips due to off-field issues/injury.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, for example, Singletary ran a 4.66 40 yd dash.  Beasley in his pre-draft workouts was not exceptionally fast.  They have field vision and quickness.  They are both playmakers. 

I'd argue Singletary and Beasley are not defined as playmakers.  They're nice complimentary players but they do not drive offenses like playmakers do.  

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, DJB said:

I dont recall Beane ever saying that. You have a link? Because if so that helps narrow which WR in the draft we are targeting

beane said he wants guys that get separation. slow guys don't get separation speed guys do.  john brown 4,33. cole was 4.49

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

beane said he wants guys that get separation. slow guys don't get separation speed guys do.  john brown 4,33. cole was 4.49

Perfect thanks. 

That means we aren't just limited to small fast guys, but guys with top separation which includes larger guys

Jeudy has the best separation skills of the group by far. Costly to trade up for him though

Edited by DJB

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The question was when Beane has said 100x that he wants speed for Allen, so expect a fast 40 time.

So here is a question...I'll try asking it here then I may give it its own thread if no good answer. 

We have 2 5th and 3 6th round picks.   Practically speaking, what value would they have in helping Beane trade up? 

It seems axiomatic that the first 3-4 rounds are where teams can draft talent they expect to contribute, while 5th and 6th round picks are where teams take flyers on talent that slips due to off-field issues/injury.

...great question and there is probably no easy answer.....do you treat The Value Chart as gospel or as a rough guideline, or throw it out altogether?......do you target teams that are pick thin who may be interested in acquiring more?.....some say the late picks are "garbage anyhow"........BUT....how about Bflo's uncanny success in the 5th?.......or even UDFA's?......I've been a BIG help, haven't I??.......hopefully the far more astute chime in...........

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Beane saying he wants guys that get separation, and Beane saying he wants "speed for Allen" are two different statements.

What makes Cole Beasley dangerous as a WR isn't his 4.5s straight-line 40x in shorts, it's his route running abilities and short-area quickness.  If speed = separation, Robert Foster would be elite.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DJB said:

Perfect thanks. 

That means we aren't just limited to small fast guys, but guys with top separation which includes larger guys

Jeudy has the best separation skills of the group by far. Costly to trade up for him though

jeudy runs a sub 4,4 40 according to what he did when training before the super bowl 

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Beane saying he wants guys that get separation, and Beane saying he wants "speed for Allen" are two different statements.

What makes Cole Beasley dangerous as a WR isn't his 4.5s straight-line 40x in shorts, it's his route running abilities and short-area quickness.  If speed = separation, Robert Foster would be elite.

robert woods is pretty damn good. also ran a 4.51 so he isn't exactly slow.  what i'm saying is that bean isn't going for the benjamin types who run 4.61 plus who are huge and have big wingspans but are slow as hell.   i'd say we don't draft a guy who runs slower than a 4.45

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

...dead on bud.....aren't the Welkers, Edelmans, Amendolas, etc of the Pats world what have contributed immensely to Brady's success?......

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Quickness - the quality of moving fast or doing something in a short time.

i just don't understand what you're arguing against.