Would you make this draft trade?

Bakin

16 for 22 & 54 for CeeDee Lamb?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. 16 for 22 & 54 for CeeDee Lamb?

Oof, this is a good question/thread. My general rule of thumb would say no, especially in a draft so deep at WR... but I'm just not sold on Higgins or Shenault.

IMO, if we stay at 22 and assume we take Higgins or Shenault there, I'm also hoping the Bills take another WR later, like in the 4th round.

So do we spend our 1st and 2nd picks on a top talent, or do we spend our 1st and 4th picks on "lesser" talent, but allow us to get another decent player of need in the 2nd?...

Eff it, it's only February, I'm gonna get crazy and say make the trade. Just for Gugnys and Giggles.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Oof, this is a good question/thread. My general rule of thumb would say no, especially in a draft so deep at WR... but I'm just not sold on Higgins or Shenault.

IMO, if we stay at 22 and assume we take Higgins or Shenault there, I'm also hoping the Bills take another WR later, like in the 4th round.

So do we spend our 1st and 2nd picks on a top talent, or do we spend our 1st and 4th picks on "lesser" talent, but allow us to get another decent player of need in the 2nd?...

Eff it, it's only February, I'm gonna get crazy and say make the trade. Just for Gugnys and Giggles.

Obviously players bust, but man these 3 have such high ceilings and have produced and improved year over year - hard to see these 3 not working out unless they get stuck on a **** team like Jax or something

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Obviously players bust, but man these 3 have such high ceilings and have produced and improved year over year - hard to see these 3 not working out unless they get stuck on a **** team like Jax or something

Who are you referring to by "these 3"? Lamb, Shenault, and Higgins?

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I swore up and down this board for an entire offseason that Von Miller was too small and would be a bust. LOL. But I was right that Cam Newton would not bust. So I guess it's a wash. ?

I coveted JJ that year, but hoped somehow that we would find a way to get Newton - we needed a QB dammit

Edit: this is why I like Beane's approach - he fills the holes in FA, follows his board and grades and it wasn't so scatter shot like before trying to plug holes in the draft, which is where you get into trouble

Edited by Reed83HOF

15 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

top 3 in the draft Lamb Jeudy & Ruggs

the other 2 scare me a bit - like Aiyuk better than both of them

I think Aiyuk is a bit scheme specific. He is a decent fit in Buffalo potentially - playing a sort of Isaiah McKenzie role. He finds good gaps in zone and is a threat every time he has the ball in his hands. If he goes to one of the teams playing what I would call more traditional stretch zone schemes - think Vikings or Packers or Titans - I think he would struggle and get lost in the shuffle. He doesn't demonstrate the ability to separate consistently on tape on the sort of vertical routes you need an X to run and if you just line him up at the Z and ask him to run flats, comebacks and curls I'm not sure that is going to play best to his skillset either. It has to be a team who are willing to use him as an offensive weapon and not worry too much about pigeon holing him into a specific role.

I'm still of the view that while he is considerably more raw than the top 3 the guy who is the next most likely to be a #1 receiver in the NFL is Tee Higgins.

• Like (+1) 1

I am not sure you trade up for a WR.  QB of course and OT or edge.  A WR can be taken out of a game easily.  I would let a WR fall to me in this draft class with the talent level at WR. 

As the fail rate is high on WRs and good ones are often low picks/undrafted, I might pick one in 1st and 3rd/4th.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Aiyuk is a bit scheme specific. He is a decent fit in Buffalo potentially - playing a sort of Isaiah McKenzie role. He finds good gaps in zone and is a threat every time he has the ball in his hands. If he goes to one of the teams playing what I would call more traditional stretch zone schemes - think Vikings or Packers or Titans - I think he would struggle and get lost in the shuffle. He doesn't demonstrate the ability to separate consistently on tape on the sort of vertical routes you need an X to run and if you just line him up at the Z and ask him to run flats, comebacks and curls I'm not sure that is going to play best to his skillset either. It has to be a team who are willing to use him as an offensive weapon and not worry too much about pigeon holing him into a specific role.

I'm still of the view that while he is considerably more raw than the top 3 the guy who is the next most likely to be a #1 receiver in the NFL is Tee Higgins.

That's a good point, I have only been looking at players and how they would fit in with us. Part of what is clouding my judgement this year with looking at the incoming class, is how will they contribute to this team this year and make us better by giving us weapons Josh can trust and help us score more points. 

Higgins - I just don't like him that much as a prospect - inconsistent drops at times, not great at separation, limited route tree, not great at YAC, not a great route runner, gets dinged up and isn't as physical of a player as he should be. I'm only looking at the negatives (positive - he can make some damn good catches as well) and at pick#22 this causes some levels of concern that I'm not comfortable with the areas he needs to work on at that level of a pick. Obviously, if draft him I will be behind him as a player, but meh - not interested....

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So here’s a question a bit off topic here: McKensie is a FA this year, right?  Do you think McKensie is gone?

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is a restricted FA in which case I expect they tender him but I might be wrong. 

He is a restricted free agent, but since he was originally drafted in the 5th round, the only RFA tender the Bills can make and get compensation is $2.15M/1 yr 

They can also make him a league minimum offer, but if they do that they get no compensation if someone makes him a bigger offer and I’m not sure he must let them match

I admit I find these rules complex and poorly explained, so I hope I have this right.  Here’s an article I found

So....what do you think McKenzie is worth?  Should the Bills tender him, if the tender is $2M?

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

He is a restricted free agent, but since he was originally drafted in the 5th round, the only RFA tender the Bills can make and get compensation is $2.15M/1 yr 

They can also make him a league minimum offer, but if they do that they get no compensation if someone makes him a bigger offer and I’m not sure he must let them match

I admit I find these rules complex and poorly explained, so I hope I have this right.  Here’s an article I found

So....what do you think McKenzie is worth?  Should the Bills tender him, if the tender is $2M?

I think they will put the lowest tender on him. 

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they will put the lowest tender on him. 

IIRC the lowest tender (1 year vet minimum) does allow them to match any offers he receives

But

We would not get any compensation if we don’t match

I could be mistaken about it allowing us the chance to match though

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.