Jim Everett said this was real and not fake

Reed83HOF

On 2/7/2020 at 8:09 PM, stuvian said:

Jim Rome is an overhyped blowhard who has become a sad caricature of his former self. It's astonishing to the extent that his career has plummeted after virtually owning the North American sports talk show market. Maybe ESPN can do a 30 for 30 of how he has squandered away his legacy but laughing at his own lame jokes

He played donkey noises for me for the last time about 15-20 years ago. It would NOT stop, I got up and changed the channel, he disappeared for a couple decades and that was great! I see him now on TV after not thinking of him in forever. 

I don’t have ill will, I just hated his shtick. 

On 2/7/2020 at 9:19 PM, QCity said:

I don't think too many people questioned if that was fake. 

That’s what I’m thinking - I am a shade too young to remember this vividly, but I remember it happening. Was there ever a theory out there that it was staged? That’s the impression I get from the thread title.

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

That’s what I’m thinking - I am a shade too young to remember this vividly, but I remember it happening. Was there ever a theory out there that it was staged? That’s the impression I get from the thread title.

No 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Chrissy Everett should have taken the mic and beat him with it. Rome is a coward, hiding behind a mic taunting people who are 150lbs bigger then running. We all know those types. The mic is a replacement for his mothers skirt. He thought he was the Stern of sports but he is nothing but a punk.

When he was on GR55 I wrote them and pledged to never listen to the station until he was dropped.