Jim Everett said this was real and not fake

Reed83HOF

Jim Rome is an overhyped blowhard who has become a sad caricature of his former self. It's astonishing to the extent that his career has plummeted after virtually owning the North American sports talk show market. Maybe ESPN can do a 30 for 30 of how he has squandered away his legacy but laughing at his own lame jokes

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Jim Rome is an overhyped blowhard who has become a sad caricature of his former self. It's astonishing to the extent that his career has plummeted after virtually owning the North American sports talk show market. Maybe ESPN can do a 30 for 30 of how he has squandered away his legacy but laughing at his own lame jokes

I don't think it was him as much as his competition. He paved the way for blow hard sports reporters. Once he was playing against the same competition he wasn't as dynamic. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

He's still around?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Almost feel like he did more to warrant the Chris with that half hearted attack. 

I thought it was kind of lame myself.

1 hour ago, The Fiend said:

Here is the segment from the start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8pAZ75WKh8

What amazes me is a guy half Everett's size was able to life Everett off Rome and break up the fight. See 1:13.

I'm guessing Everett wanted to put a scare on Rome but not really hurt him - nothing that would support felony assault, for example.

• Haha (+1) 1

I put together his intro video with a white Bronco driving from the airport that played up until he drove onto the then Pilot Field for his buffalo tour stop. It. Was a cool gig at the time since he was at his peak and I was a big time clone lol ... remember Mark from buffalo being the top caller from thi area. I think his sthick got old and others surpassed him , but he was a pioneer of that type of sports talk. 

3 hours ago, skibum said:

Rome is such a tool. I remember watching that when it first aired (live? Not sure). That was the last time I ever watched his garbage douche-fest show. The original troll.

This, +1, ?,.....

I didn't know of Rome before I saw the interview, hated him immediately and ever since. I have no idea why anyone would give an eff about anything he has to say. He belongs in the punchable faces thread.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, stuvian said:

He sure knew how to fill the radio time by saying the same thing over and over again. Then, like you said he’d hit the mike and laugh at his own jokes.  Never liked him and too bad Everett didn’t permanently mess up his smug face.