Do you eat puffers

flaz

38 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yet there is, from the sounds of it, the threat of imminent death. THAT is what I was responding to. Drinking soda is bad for you long term. The pufferfish sounds more like Russian roulette. I’d need to know more before I could take a comfortable stance there. NOT that I wouldn’t try it, but I’d need to know more. 

Haven't had any pop in at least 10 years... 

Just now, T&C said:

Haven't had any pop in at least 10 years... 

Not me! I’ll have a Diet Coke a couple times a year if I’m having wings or pizza. Had one last week when I took my mom for lunch!  Those are rare events. Maybe a couple more if I go to the movies a few times a year. I’m an Arnold Palmer guy if I go out to lunch, and for dinner it’s water and wine. I prefer the wine. :) 

On February 7, 2020 at 7:54 PM, 4merper4mer said:

I'm not sure but do you find it annoying when your hamster tries to learn a second language but only the swear words?

Update:. Sammy is calling me poonda sheemo but I don't know what it means or how to spell it.  I just sounded it out.  It doesn't sound like a compliment when you hear his tone.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:06 PM, Doc said:

What's the big deal about puffer fish flesh?  Is it merely the danger of it?  Unless it's the best fish I've ever tasted, it's not worth the risk (and probably money).

https://www.nippon.com/en/column/g00468/a-taste-for-danger-the-hazardous-history-of-fugu.html?pnum=1

Danger element. It was once forbidden.  Its expensive and therefore exclusive.  Fabled great taste. Some preparations leave a bit of toxin behind and give you a tingling sensation of being drunk which apparently is really nice when you're already kind of drunk.

I found no such tinglage from the two southern puffers I consumed 2 nights ago. I did however, get a tingle from my blend. In fact  I have a little tingle as I type, from the coffee and blend I just finished

On 2/10/2020 at 6:48 PM, T&C said:

Ahh.. I didnt watch the vid. Tilapia is a garbage fish, I won't eat it. If it isn't certified wild caught I won't eat any fish. The farmed crap from random countries is just that... crap.

Friends don't let friends eat tilapia.

• Haha (+1) 1