Florio on DP show: Dolphins owner Stephen Ross wants Joe Burrow and has the draft capital to make it happen

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

There’s no way it happens.  No chance in hell.  Burrow is from OH and the perfect player they need.  Miami could have 10 first round picks, they won’t trade.

It would take burrow pushing the issue I think... but not sure how they would react to that 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

The media has created this idea of Burrow not wanting to go to the Bengals.  I would be pissed if I was them. 

I agree it seems they are parsing together different things to try create a narrative. He hasn’t come out and said he wants to go there, but I don’t blame him, since he doesn’t know for sure who will have that pick this early. I think mayfield did come out and say he wanted to go to Cleveland but that was closer to the draft.  The Carson Palmer comments about the Bengals not being committed to winning seem to be driving it, since he’s training  with his brother. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 2/7/2020 at 4:08 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Very interesting audio. Miami has 3 1st rounders and sits at 5. Apparently Stephen Ross is enamored with taking Burrow. Could trade all to Cincy for the 1st pick and Cincy could just take Herbert at 5. Add to that the rumors that Burrow does not want to go to the Bengals. He is training with Jordan Palmer and Carson has been very vocal lately about why he wanted out of the Bengals organization and they weren’t committed to winning a SB. Maybe the Bengals don’t take him if his agent makes an issue out of it, and take another one of the top QBs instead while collecting all the picks. 

curious to see if They can pull it off.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Happened in 2018 with the Jets, and they suck. Nothing to see until he proves something 

While I agree that the regime plays a big part in how successful a QB will be,  it’s still not something you want to see happen in your division...

On 2/7/2020 at 3:08 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Very interesting audio. Miami has 3 1st rounders and sits at 5. Apparently Stephen Ross is enamored with taking Burrow. Could trade all to Cincy for the 1st pick and Cincy could just take Herbert at 5. Add to that the rumors that Burrow does not want to go to the Bengals. He is training with Jordan Palmer and Carson has been very vocal lately about why he wanted out of the Bengals organization and they weren’t committed to winning a SB. Maybe the Bengals don’t take him if his agent makes an issue out of it, and take another one of the top QBs instead while collecting all the picks. 

**** Miami they trade ( 2nd round pick ) for wrong Josh and then sit him , instead of letting him play for the first overall pick ...

again **** Miami !!!!! Thank you Fitzy !!!!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

While I agree that the regime plays a big part in how successful a QB will be,  it’s still not something you want to see happen in your division...

Meh, I really don’t worry about that stuff. You can’t control who gets drafted in your division. If you do a good enough job of improving your team you’ll stay ahead of the competition.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/7/2020 at 4:08 PM, YoloinOhio said:

The absolute worst for franchises is when your owner wants someone, they really need to step aside and let the guys who know what they're doing pick the players. I'm not saying this guy can't be a great NFL QB but this screams of Mitch Tubisky coming out of college raw with 1 year of tape, granted Mitch didn't throw for 60 TD and only 6 INT but they're also very similar in the fact they don't have rocket arms. If the Bengals like Tua or Herbert and the Dolphins offer them multiple first they may be very wise to pass on this guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/8/2020 at 2:03 PM, Foxx said:

i would be extremely pissed if the Bengals allow the Phish to take Burrow. he has all the makings of a better Tom Brady.

I have to slightly disagree with you there. The talent is there with Burrows no question, but the big question is can he adapt to the NFL? I remain skeptical on Burrows. I think Tua ( minus the injury problems) is a better QB than Burrows. So far he’s only coming off ONE really good year and the other years he didn’t do much. 50/50 with Burrows for me

• Like (+1) 1