Florio on DP show: Dolphins owner Stephen Ross wants Joe Burrow and has the draft capital to make it happen

YoloinOhio

I know the draft value chart is just a guide, and by no means definitive, but according to the chart, Miami does have enough with just their 1st round picks this year if the Bengals were willing to trade. I guess it would depend on how much Cinci likes the other two QBs. If you don't feel it is that big of a drop off, make the trade. If you think Burrow is the guy, no trade. But if I'm Cinci and I'm going to make the trade, I'm going to want them to overpay.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Cinncinnati:

1st overall pick = 3,000

3rd round (65th) = 265

= 3,265

Miami:

5th overall = 1,700

18th overall = 900

26th overall = 700

= 3,300

OR

Cinci

1st overall = 3,000

Miami

5th overall = 1,700

18th overall = 900

2nd round (39th) = 500

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, they have those picks because they got rid of pro bowl level talent at LT and safety. Need to replenish. I don’t know if any of these QBs are worth 3 1sts but who knows. 

On the other hand - maybe they are positioning themselves for Chase Young and will take the QB next year. I wouldn’t want Chase Young there as a Bills fan. 

That’s exactly why they would move to two. All due respect to Burrow, but Young is the best player in the draft. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep. There’s no mistaking it’s that time of year when, as Buddy always said, “Everybody’s tryin’ to rob the same train.” 

I think the Redskins would be just as stupid for passing on a chance at Young as the Bengals would be for giving up Burrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. There’s no mistaking it’s that time of year when, as Buddy always said, “Everybody’s tryin’ to rob the same train.” 

I think the Redskins would be just as stupid for passing on a chance at Young as the Bengals would be for giving up Burrow. 

I can’t see Rivera passing on Young. I could also see Flores wanting him and waiting on a QB until next year, or even trading for a guy like Dalton or Cam. But the price tag for 2 could be almost as high as for 1. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, SCBills said:

Bengals fans would riot.   

I wouldn’t be happy about having Burrow in the division either. 

29 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Brady wants to mentor him?

If I'm Cincinnati I don't make the deal for anything less than 3 2020 1sts regardless of value charts

Even then, I would only make the trade if I wasn’t sure about Burrow. If you think he is a franchise guy that is invaluable. 

1 hour ago, folz said:

I know the draft value chart is just a guide, and by no means definitive, but according to the chart, Miami does have enough with just their 1st round picks this year if the Bengals were willing to trade. I guess it would depend on how much Cinci likes the other two QBs. If you don't feel it is that big of a drop off, make the trade. If you think Burrow is the guy, no trade. But if I'm Cinci and I'm going to make the trade, I'm going to want them to overpay.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Cinncinnati:

1st overall pick = 3,000

3rd round (65th) = 265

= 3,265

Miami:

5th overall = 1,700

18th overall = 900

26th overall = 700

= 3,300

OR

Cinci

1st overall = 3,000

Miami

5th overall = 1,700

18th overall = 900

2nd round (39th) = 500

That would be more for a non QB prospect. They are going to have to overpay if they want him.

6 minutes ago, billykay said:

If they move to #2, it's for a QB. Bank on it.

Perhaps. If SD is really sold on one of the other QBs more than the other, like Tua for instance, they will have to move ahead of Miami and I’m sure Miami is aware of that.

But make no mistake, Young is the best  player in the draft and he plays the second most important position in the game to boot. Flores, being the D minded coach that he is, most certainly appreciates that. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billykay said:

If they move to #2, it's for a QB. Bank on it.

Just thinking of Washington's needs. If I were them when dealing with Miami, I would demand Miami move up to #3 before I negotiate. That would then ensure that Washington gets Chase plus whatever draft picks they can steal from Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billykay said:

Just thinking of Washington's needs. If I were them when dealing with Miami, I would demand Miami move up to #3 before I negotiate. That would then ensure that Washington gets Chase plus whatever draft picks they can steal from Miami.

Again, that’s assuming Miami is targeting a QB at two. If Miami rates the next two QBs after Burrow evenly, they can just stay at five and get one and not have to spend any of their assets to do so. 

21 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Ha! Like Mike Brown will want to pay 3, read it 3, first round picks  and then spend more money on Lawrence if they defer until next year?

:lol::lol::lol:

I have a bridge to sell you

...Mike has these in his office in case anybody has frivolous ideas.........

image.png.c4d52772cd57ec69c95951df58a3938f.png

21 hours ago, K-9 said:

Isn’t Cincy basically Kentucky as well? Just a decent 3 wood away after all. 

Cinci  overlooks the fine Stat of Pennsyltucky.

I think you need to put some hook on the ball   to land in the Bluegrass though : )

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Again, that’s assuming Miami is targeting a QB at two. If Miami rates the next two QBs after Burrow evenly, they can just stay at five and get one and not have to spend any of their assets to do so. 

You're right that they can just stay at 5 & get their QB, but only if another team doesn't jump them. And you are right - I am assuming that Miami is targeting a QB.

• Like (+1) 1