Florio on DP show: Dolphins owner Stephen Ross wants Joe Burrow and has the draft capital to make it happen

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see Brown taking the haul of picks, sticking with dalton one more year, and drafting Herbert. Depending on the size of the gap they have between Herbert and Burrow. 

The fans should burn down the stadium if that happens tho.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Bengals would be fools to trade that pick and the Dolphins as well for giving up all of that capital.  If they believe Tua is healthy then get him and build up the rest of the team. 

By your logic wouldn’t the bengals be smart in this scenario?  They get Tua and a boatload if picks?

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see Brown taking the haul of picks, sticking with dalton one more year, and drafting Herbert. Depending on the size of the gap they have between Herbert and Burrow. 

I could see Brown take the picks, FINALLY repair that offensive line, stick with Dalton 1 more year and position himself for Trevor Lawrence the following year. 

Wait, no I can't. That would take planning. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Has the draft capital is entirely speculative. They only have it if the Bengals would accept it and nobody knows that. 

Exactly.  Drafting Burrow requires a trade by Miami with Cincinnati, and that trade requires willingness on the part of Cincinnati.  The owner of the Browns has a mind of his own.

Who won this trade? From the NY Times in 1983:

John Elway, the Stanford University quarterback who insisted he would not play for the Baltimore Colts when they made him the first pick in the National Football League draft last week, was traded last night to the Denver Broncos.

In exchange for Elway, the Colts received Chris Hinton, the offensive guard from Northwestern who was the Broncos' first pick in the draft and the fourth player taken over all; Mark Herrmann, a quarterback from Purdue who has played three seasons with the Broncos; and the Broncos' first-round draft choice in 1984.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Tua will be gone at 3. Someone trades with Detroit 

Quarterbacks always go earlier than people think in January/Feb. 

53 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If it was anyone else besides the Bengals,  I would say there is no way they trade the pick. 

Mike Brown has had some real head scratchers over the years.

...LMAO...Mike Brown STILL has his baptismal money....his Scout Staff consists of three, one of which is his daughter, probably at minimum wage....by comparison, Beane has a staff of 17+, many of which are former VP's of Player Personnel or Directors of Pro Player Personnel in the NFL....

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very interesting audio. Miami has 3 1st rounders and sits at 5. Apparently Stephen Ross is enamored with taking Burrow. Could trade all to Cincy for the 1st pick and Cincy could just take Herbert at 5. Add to that the rumors that Burrow does not want to go to the Bengals. He is training with Jordan Palmer and Carson has been very vocal lately about why he wanted out of the Bengals organization and they weren’t committed to winning a SB. Maybe the Bengals don’t take him if his agent makes an issue out of it, and take another one of the top QBs instead while collecting all the picks. 

Ha! Like Mike Brown will want to pay 3, read it 3, first round picks  and then spend more money on Lawrence if they defer until next year?

:lol::lol::lol:

I have a bridge to sell you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

The Dolphins have a total 5 first round and 3 second round picks in next two drafts. Not to mention other round draft capital if necessary. That might be be hard for Brown to pass on, if offered by Miami.

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

There’s no way it happens.  No chance in hell.  Burrow is from OH and the perfect player they need.  Miami could have 10 first round picks, they won’t trade.

Bengals: “Hold my beer”

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO...Mike Brown STILL has his baptismal money....his Scout Staff consists of three, one of which is his daughter, probably at minimum wage....by comparison, Beane has a staff of 17+, many of which are former VP's of Player Personnel or Directors of Pro Player Personnel in the NFL....

Brown will be sitting there thinking,  I can get three guys on a rookie deal and not have to worry about paying for a Franchise QB in 5 years if I make the trade. Never mind Burrow might give you the shot at winning.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Some already want Herbert so would be happy. 

Really?

Ive been following their message board a bit of late, and from what I have been reading the overwhelming majority want Burrow at  Pick 1..

The few that would consider a trade back want a lot more compensation then Picks 18 and 26..