Florio on DP show: Dolphins owner Stephen Ross wants Joe Burrow and has the draft capital to make it happen

YoloinOhio

Very interesting audio. Miami has 3 1st rounders and sits at 5. Apparently Stephen Ross is enamored with taking Burrow. Could trade all to Cincy for the 1st pick and Cincy could just take Herbert at 5. Add to that the rumors that Burrow does not want to go to the Bengals. He is training with Jordan Palmer and Carson has been very vocal lately about why he wanted out of the Bengals organization and they weren’t committed to winning a SB. Maybe the Bengals don’t take him if his agent makes an issue out of it, and take another one of the top QBs instead while collecting all the picks. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If it was anyone else besides the Bengals,  I would say there is no way they trade the pick. 

Mike Brown has had some real head scratchers over the years.

This alone makes for an interesting Day One of the draft : )

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Add to that the rumors that Burrow does not want to go to the Bengals. He is training with Jordan Palmer and Carson has been very vocal lately about why he wanted out of the Bengals organization and they weren’t committed to winning a SB. 

First off, **** Florio.

Second, what happened to all the post-championship talk by Burrow that he'd be happy to play for the Bengals?    Sounds like agent FUD to me.    

Third, Ross is a Ralph clone - so I could see him doing something wacky like this...

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

First off, **** Florio.

Second, what happened to all the post-championship talk by Burrow that he'd be happy to play for the Bengals?    Sounds like agent FUD to me.    

Third, Ross is a Ralph clone - so I could see him doing something wacky like this...

lol : )

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He’s from Ohio but not Cincy (basically Kentucky)

HEY

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bengals fans would riot.   

haven't they given up  yet ?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

You know it’s true. Cincinnati is a city state. 

: D

Edited by 3rdand12

Just click bait gossip imo, the only think I have read is that Burrow would be fine with being a bengal. 

• Like (+1) 2

Folks have been talking about this for a while now. And why wouldnt Ross want Burrow? He is by far the top QB in the draft. I dont find the report that Ross covets Burrow to be that surprising or shocking.

I do not see Burrow pulling a Manning, especially since it's not like the Dolphins have been that better managed.

And I do not see Mike Brown being that dumb.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Folks have been talking about this for a while now. And why wouldnt Ross want Burrow? He is by far the top QB in the draft. I dont find the report that Ross covets Burrow to be that surprising or shocking.

I do not see Burrow pulling a Manning, especially since it's not like the Dolphins have been that better managed.

And I do not see Mike Brown being that dumb.

I could see Brown taking the haul of picks, sticking with dalton one more year, and drafting Herbert. Depending on the size of the gap they have between Herbert and Burrow. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

It would really suck to go to the Bengals. I wouldn't blame the kid. It would just be so hard to compete for an organization that doesn't have winning as the #1 goal and never puts up the money or resources to help you be successful.