Cut or Trade candidates

Dkollidas

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

True but Bosa is elite and a process guy.  We’re gonna have to overpay for one of the free agent edge rushers who’s not as good as Bosa.  He’s good enough and young enough to consider it.  

I dont know how much of a process guy Bosa is......I do know he is a damn good player....I would be all for this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought we already hashed out the Alshon Jeffrey situation.  He will cost the Eagles $15M in dead cap if they trade him.  Agholor is a FA.  Agholor and Jeffrey's injuries showed how thin the Eagles are at WR behind them. 

I think the Eagles will be buyers in the WR market, not sellers; if they do move on from one of the main guys they've already got, it would more likely be to not re-sign Agholor.

We did WHAT?

We maybe did the due diligence of a phone call asking "if you're going to trade him, maybe we're interested, what's your asking price?" but that's a few blocks over from "trading"

We had the terms worked out but couldn’t reach the terms we needed with him. If Antonio Brown agreed, he would have been on the Bills.

The point being the Bills were (and will be) willing to overlook a suspect character if they think he helps them win. That’s why it’s stupid, at this point, to cross guys off the list because they aren’t “process guys.” That’s dead. The culture and leadership is in place. The Bills will look at anyone and everyone that fits a need at the right price.

3 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Obviously we all know the big name free agents, Ngakoue, Cooper, Hooper, etc.

What I want to look at here is who people are looking at for some low key additions. 

Either:

1) A trade candidate i.e. Stephon Diggs, or Alshon Jeffrey, or Ryan Kerrigan 

2) guys who could be cut or have club options not picked up i.e. Everson Griffen, Carlos Dunlap or Calais Campbell. 

1. Christian McCaffrey

2.Cooper Kupp

3. Joey Bosa

4.Ryan Kerrigan

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

1. Christian McCaffrey

2.Cooper Kupp

3. Joey Bosa

4.Ryan Kerrigan

Mccafrey? He’s completely un tradeable. 
They would literally fire Rhule before the draft if he traded away the face of the franchise. 
They already lost Kuechly, Olsen, possibly trading Newton, and they’re probably cutting some more guys since it looks like they’re going back to the 4-3. 
I get rebuilds, and “tanking” and all that but they still have to sell some tickets. 
It’s a nice wish list of players though. 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

They would literally fire Rhule before the draft if he traded away the face of the franchise. 
They already lost Kuechly, Olsen, possibly trading Newton, and they’re probably cutting some more guys since it looks like they’re going back to the 4-3. 
I get rebuilds, and “tanking” and all that but they still have to sell some tickets. 

They can keep Scam Newton then:lol: Kuechly retired so he can come here to coach, knew it would cost too much to trade for both him and McCaffrey

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually think one of McDermott's post-season messages was to the contrary - that keeping leadership in each room will be a continual challenge as players retire or become FA and move on, and that failure to do so is something he saw as a "lesson learned" in Carolina.

I hope he saw a way to not slip back into mediocrity. That team had a very good run, but it has largely underperformed in a division that sometimes allows a winner at .500. I don't think you have to be an aged out vet to be a leader, so hopefully they don't go that way.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We had the terms worked out but couldn’t reach the terms we needed with him. If Antonio Brown agreed, he would have been on the Bills.

The point being the Bills were (and will be) willing to overlook a suspect character if they think he helps them win. That’s why it’s stupid, at this point, to cross guys off the list because they aren’t “process guys.” That’s dead. The culture and leadership is in place. The Bills will look at anyone and everyone that fits a need at the right price.

Bottom line, I agree with you that I don't think the Bills will rule anyone out at this point if he has the talent they need and the price is right.

Kirby, you're very definite here, I know you have involvement in the industry.  Without compromising a source, can you give anything that would lend credence to this?  It kind of goes against what AB (not that he's a credible source) and what Beane has said on the topic publicly to wit:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/08/buffalo-bills-brandon-beane-antonio-brown-moved-on/

“We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers. We had positive discussions, but ultimately it didn’t make sense for either side. As great as a player as Antonio Brown is, we have moved on and our focus is on free agency.”

Then there's this:

Then there was something about Brown telling Rosenhaus just to throw out the Bills, don't even bother to talk to them.

All in all, it just didn't sound like it was anywhere close to a final deal.

PS and Thank God for that!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Von Miller ?? but what would the price be?

High...but not so high that I wouldn’t pay it

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bottom line, I agree with you that I don't think the Bills will rule anyone out at this point if he has the talent they need and the price is right.

Kirby, you're very definite here, I know you have involvement in the industry.  Without compromising a source, can you give anything that would lend credence to this?  It kind of goes against what AB (not that he's a credible source) and what Beane has said on the topic publicly to wit:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/08/buffalo-bills-brandon-beane-antonio-brown-moved-on/

“We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers. We had positive discussions, but ultimately it didn’t make sense for either side. As great as a player as Antonio Brown is, we have moved on and our focus is on free agency.”

Then there's this:

Then there was something about Brown telling Rosenhaus just to throw out the Bills, don't even bother to talk to them.

FWIW, I’ll back Kirby on that info being legit 

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then there's this:

I just know what I’ve heard from the Steelers people and it was pretty much done. It doesn’t look good for anyone the way that it ended so I think that’s why the narrative came out as it did. It’s easier to say “everyone was misinformed” than to say “we thought it was done and were wrong.” Maybe you’re right and it wasn’t there. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Either way, the point being that they are willing to look into suspect characters remains. The whole “process guy” thing shouldn’t impact our line of thinking this offseason. I’m not saying that the Bills will bring in Greg Hardy, Tyreke Hill, and Johnny Manziel, etc... We should not however, be at all surprised if we see a guy or 2 that aren’t stereotypical “process guys.” The culture and leadership is in place that they would now be comfortable with a guy with some questions. If the Bills were to trade for OBJ (as an example) we shouldn’t be shocked. The Bills aren’t only looking at stereotypical “process guys” at this point. They are looking at EVERYONE that they think can make them better. Their pursuit of Antonio Brown is all the evidence that we need.

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

This is an ongoing discussion in Charlotte all over the local sports radio shows.

It is expected that McCaffrey is going to reset the market at running back with the number I keep hearing being $18 million per season.

The stat that keeps getting passed around is something like : The combined salaries of the last ten RBs to start for  the SB winners is in the $11-12 million range. 
    A team that is clearly in rebuilding mode could use both the draft/ trade capital as well as the cap room unloading McC gets them.

Also, history shows the odds that he continues to earn that contract with stellar play at that position is questionable for the duration of 4-5 year deal.

Couple all this with Rhule signing a seven year deal and the idea of McC being available for the right price is not as far fetched as you seem to think.

What does it cost ?

Two firsts??

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This is an ongoing discussion in Charlotte all over the local sports radio shows.

It is expected that McCaffrey is going to reset the market at running back with the number I keep hearing being $18 million per season.

The stat that keeps getting passed around is something like : The combined salaries of the last ten RBs to start for  the SB winners is in the $11-12 million range. 
    A team that is clearly in rebuilding mode could use both the draft/ trade capital as well as the cap room unloading McC gets them.

Also, history shows the odds that he continues to earn that contract with stellar play at that position is questionable for the duration of 4-5 year deal.

Couple all this with Rhule signing a seven year deal and the idea of McC being available for the right price is not as far fetched as you seem to think.

What does it cost ?

Two firsts??

He’s arguably the best player in the league outside of quarterback of course. 
I can see reasons to trade him, but from an owner standpoint I can’t see having an empty stadium for an entire season. Trading him is more realistic when it actually comes contract time. Losing kuechly to retirement and Olsen being gone and possibly cutting/trading Cam they really don’t have much of anything left except their young core of players. CMC is the face of the franchise and “fantasy draft pick #1” next year. His popularity is at an all time high. Fans will buy tickets to see him. If he’s gone who is gonna go to games to watch? 
I don’t think they are in full blown rebuild personally. It all hinges on what they do at quarterback. If they can’t get one and don’t want Cam yeah they kinda have to rebuild. If they land a Teddy Bridgewater and some pieces on defense and an offensive lineman or two I think they could sniff playoffs next season. Moore and samuel are pretty shifty decent receivers. Burns looked legit. I like some of their team. 

But if they decided to move CMC they should be calling Miami not us. If he’s setting the market in the future for running back contracts they should expect at minimum 2 first round picks plus more. Otherwise it makes no sense for them. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This may not be the place but can we PLEASE stop with the whole “process guy” thing. We traded for Antonio Brown last year!! The Bills certainly value culture but they absolutely value talent.

You are correct that the Bills value talent but it will not be acquired without other considerations. They didn't make a trade for AB.  It was reported that the Bills were involved in the discussions to acquire him.  Whether they were serious about getting him or were just trying to drive up the price, is still not known for sure.  I believe that Beane will avoid players that will be distractions, locker room problems, or not adhere to assignments within the scheme being played.  I don't care what kind of label people put on this; culture, process, etc..

22 minutes ago, below said:

Diggs

Brandin Cooks or Robert Woods

Corey Davis

Given the talk about the Bills being willing to negotiate for AB, it may not make a difference, but apparently Diggs is a bit of a ...

anyway, in this fluff piece, 4 Vikings are clear and unambiguous that he's the guy on the team they would LEAST like to date their sister

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Given how good of a drafter Beane is thus far I would be unwilling to give up pick 22 and possibly another mid-round pick for Bosa AND give him a massive contract. That's exchanging a lot of your cap space and draft capital for one player. If this was Whaley or another GM who stunk at drafting I wouldn't mind doing it since the picks have lesser value if you don't know how to use them. But I would rather just use cap space to go after one of the many pass rusher on the market instead of cap and picks. 

One of many pass rushers on the market ??