XFL Opening Weekend, Matchups and where to watch.

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol watching these review refs in the booth!  So clueless:  "ummmmmm.....uhhhhhh.  is there a reverse angle?  Ummmmm....dude........uhhhh I'm gonna let the call stand i guess".

So bad.

Not really why wouldn't he be looking for an angle to get a view that would allow them to reverse it?

Edited by Warcodered

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Not really why wouldn't he be looking for an angle to get a view that would allow them to reverse it?

The guy was clearly short--got lit up at the 1.  Even the color guy called it.

Yesterday a team went for it on 4th and 1 and the play gets easily 2 yards, yet the refs spot it back at the line of scrimmage (i.e. a yard short!).  Another sweaty review by the schmo in the booth for 10 minutes to decide what everyone at home could see in real time.  

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

weo's gonna weo

The transparent review process is great

It's like sausage being made.  And the guy blew the call.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol watching these review refs in the booth!  So clueless:  "ummmmmm.....uhhhhhh.  is there a reverse angle?  Ummmmm....dude........uhhhh I'm gonna let the call stand i guess".

So bad.

that’s probably similar to how the NFL replay guys do it.  But we’ll never know what goes on behind the curtain there.  Only so many ways you can dissect a play from the replay booth

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The guy was clearly short--got lit up at the 1.  Even the color guy called it.

Yesterday a team went for it on 4th and 1 and the play gets easily 2 yards, yet the refs spot it back at the line of scrimmage (i.e. a yard short!).  Another sweaty review by the schmo in the booth for 10 minutes to decide what everyone at home could see in real time.  

No it was clearly close all he had to do was break the plane and we don't get a good view of the ball at that moment right at the line.

Also that review yesterday was fine the only thing I wish they did different was review the spot before doing the measurement and it didn't take anywhere near 10 minutes.

Vipers can not get things done in the redzone.

Edited by Warcodered

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

that’s probably similar to how the NFL replay guys do it.  But we’ll never know what goes on behind the curtain there.  Only so many ways you can dissect a play from the replay booth

My point was that this guy seemed very uncomfortable in the job someone gave him.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

No it was clearly close all he had to do was break the plane and we don't get a good view of the ball at that moment right at the line.

Also that review yesterday was fine the only thing I wish they did different was review the spot before doing the measurement and it didn't take anywhere near 10 minutes.

They weren't going to review until the refs called for the measurement.  The whole process took far too long.  It was an obvious 1st down.  The review should have been possible by the guy in the booth immediately calling down and saying "bad spot.  First down".

1 minute ago, Mountain Man said:

I'm not sure it's really adding anything. I learnt more from Blandino afterwards 

Exactly.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Blandino simply commented on the ref's comments...

Its nice that they have him around, though

He should do these reviews.  

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Blandino simply commented on the ref's comments...

Its nice that they have him around, though

He explained though what was the definition ie. The footballing move. That's the bit I find helps (know what the specifics are, so you can personally judge) 

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm guessing the level of expertise is a bit higher in the NFL booth reviews, than whoever it is they have doing it here.