XFL Opening Weekend, Matchups and where to watch.

MAJBobby

Just now, Warcodered said:

Having a draftable player playing in the XFL is definitely interesting.

Yes

Sounds like they're gonna have no problem getting some college players. The money and playing time is a big draw for them. And then they can still enter the draft.

Just now, Steptide said:

I don't understand the winning team getting 100k. Is that on top of what they're already getting paid, or does the winning team just split 100k between the players? 

They split it between the players seems like a nice bit of incentive for players though.

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Yesterday's games were great

Today's early game was decent, but clearly controlled by one team

Sunday's late game however, is like a 2010ish Bills/Browns snoozer

I respect what's going down here overall.

All squads came out organized. 

Announcing was/is good

Officiating is good (better than the NFL IMO)

I like the different rules

Teams are playing to win ($$$) and players are playing to prove themselves to get to another level. 

Guardians to win it all Baby!

Week one has already far exceeded my expectations and I will continue to watch. 

Edited by Real McNasty

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol watching these review refs in the booth!  So clueless:  "ummmmmm.....uhhhhhh.  is there a reverse angle?  Ummmmm....dude........uhhhh I'm gonna let the call stand i guess".

So bad.

so the transparency into the Review in the NFL is someone throwing darts at the dart board. Love the transparency 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Watched some XFL game this weekend and i gotta say that i'm not really impressed.........and judging by the lack of fans in the stands, i'd say they weren't real impressed either.

you mean the 4 sold out games?  Some of the Stadiums didn’t look full because they only sold the lower bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is actually pretty decent to watch.

Guess I'll invest my loyalty early in the Guardians since they're the NY team.

Who's everyone else rooting for?

My (21 yr old) son was funny - he decided he was going to follow the XFL and pick a team and picked the Defenders b/c of Bills connections w/ Cardale, Tyree, Lee (I also just realized Deondre Wesley plays for them).  

He then challenged my Dad and nephew to follow a team and now they have a pool going.  My Dad added a payout if your team finishes the season ?

He was also rooting for Proehl this weekend - he got Proehl's autograph on a hat at TC and jokes it will be worth more when he becomes an XFL legend

Just now, MAJBobby said:

you mean the 4 sold out games?  Some of the Stadiums didn’t look full because they only sold the lower bowl. 

I was wondering about that. I also wonder how much they make compared to the company that owns the stadium. Thought the games were pretty good but more to the level of talent of the NFL preseason. That said, I wonder how much these players improve playing a 'season'. One more reason NFL should have a farm league that the original team drafting or sugning the player has the rights too. Like we did with say......Fred Jackson.

I really hope this league sustains and gets cash positive to where they can sell teams and expand. I would love to see how many top end College players they would be able to steal from the NCAA and earn a nice check playing while they wait for the 3 year time limit will be up. 

Just now, fansince88 said:

I was wondering about that. I also wonder how much they make compared to the company that owns the stadium. Thought the games were pretty good but more to the level of talent of the NFL preseason. That said, I wonder how much these players improve playing a 'season'. One more reason NFL should have a farm league that the original team drafting or sugning the player has the rights too. Like we did with say......Fred Jackson.

that would be the perfect use of this league by the NFL if it can show viability. Will allow say 3 PS eligible players to be designated to the league for the Spring. Will learn more playing 

• Like (+1) 1