XFL Opening Weekend, Matchups and where to watch.

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, zevo said:

It is very decent football and entertaining 

im entertained. the Defenders are my local team so I may take my kid down to a game in March.  They’re playing in a soccer stadium and I’d much rather watch this than MLS soccer

7 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

It is. Its not very good though. 

The refereeing has been a joke, and some of the footballing basics have been shocking. A half decent college team would beat both teams easily 

I would disagree on the college thing. Not that these guys are lighting the world on fire but it takes a few games for college teams to get going too. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I would disagree on the college thing. Not that these guys are lighting the world on fire but it takes a few games for college teams to get going too. 

Yeah, maybe that's pushing it. I do think it's a case of a bad team vs bad team. Which means an equal matchup. 

Its why I watch random FCS games. Entertainment value 

Just now, wppete said:

This is pretty good football. Already better then the AAF. Pretty cool stadium in D.C.

it’s a fairly new soccer stadium for DC United. Kind of a band box, but modern and perfect for 15-20K fans 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

im entertained. the Defenders are my local team so I may take my kid down to a game in March.  They’re playing in a soccer stadium and I’d much rather watch this than MLS soccer

I'm not a diehard soccer fan, but I went to check the new stadium out when Rooney was playing there and it was honestly really awesome. Nothing quite like a soccer crowd, even in the US.

I just bought a house in DC so maybe I'll end up checking the Defenders out if the tickets aren't too bad (assuming the league survives). Seems like it could be fun.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2