XFL Opening Weekend, Matchups and where to watch.

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Mountain Man said:

How many times are the refs going to defensive offside go? 

Its almost as if the refs aren't watching the game

It has the look they don’t want the officials making much impact which might be a good thing if they stay consistent about it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mountain Man said:

How many times are the refs going to let defensive offside go and not call it? 

Its almost as if the refs aren't watching the game

Probably opting to keep pace of play up, with warnings at first to the offending teams.  Game speed was one of their selling points.

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I like the Dallas logo too, have to see it on the field first though before I can commit lol. 

I hear you.  Viper logo is cool but uniforms are disgusting IMO. 

I honestly kinda like the idea of being able to find what team I can pick to root for. I'll prob go NY though being a few hrs away. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Probably opting to keep pace of play up, with warnings at first to the offending teams.  Game speed was one of their selling points.

Yep. They're intentionally trying to keep a faster pace. I'm completely fine with it 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Rc2catch said:

It has the look they don’t want the officials making much impact which might be a good thing if they stay consistent about it. 

I also noticed they let the delay of game slide when the play clock hit zero.  No point stopping play to punish tiny violations like that when they want to keep play speed up.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Also, kinda petty but I really like the Seattle helmets with the dragon on there. Looks pretty cool 

the Dragon is pretty cool. The Defenders logo resembles the DC flag, which I’m sure no one else in the country knows unless you live here.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I also noticed they let the delay of game slide when the play clock hit zero.  No point stopping play to punish tiny violations like that when they want to keep play speed up.

I honestly don't mind this if consistent for all.  Maybe, just Maybe the NFL could learn something here?

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Yeah, but in any start up league, defenses always start faster as offenses build chemistry. Having DEs a few yards offside closer to the QB isn't going to help